Wiki Posts
Search

O'Donnell website

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 02:19 PM
Tech Master

Default O'Donnell website

Hi.

I can't find O'Donnells website anymore - only their website for their fuel http://www.odonnellracing.com/index.html

Has they stopped making cars, plugs etc.?
Old 03-15-2011, 02:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lille-bror
Hi.

I can't find O'Donnells website anymore - only their website for their fuel http://www.odonnellracing.com/index.html

Has they stopped making cars, plugs etc.?
hobbico and Odonnell parted ways, hobbico owns the rights to the site and sense they are still making the fuel they changed the site to fuel. odonnell has not stopped making cars but now steve himself will be making and distributing them, there is just legal issues and such going on right now so its going to take a month or two till everything is in perfect working order, there are some big changes coming from the OD line up, just stay tuned

for more info, the odonnell buggy topic has most of the info about 10 pages back.
Old 03-15-2011, 02:38 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jmaxey51
hobbico and Odonnell parted ways, hobbico owns the rights to the site and sense they are still making the fuel they changed the site to fuel. odonnell has not stopped making cars but now steve himself will be making and distributing them, there is just legal issues and such going on right now so its going to take a month or two till everything is in perfect working order, there are some big changes coming from the OD line up, just stay tuned

for more info, the odonnell buggy topic has most of the info about 10 pages back.
Thanks a lot

I would be sad, if they stopped making their great plugs.

Cheers
Old 03-15-2011, 02:40 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks a lot

I would be sad, if they stopped making their great plugs.

Cheers
me too, sense thats the only plugs i use now
Old 03-15-2011, 03:04 PM
Tech Master

Me three
Old 03-15-2011, 03:14 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Its sad that their plugs get more reference than their cars. lol
Old 03-15-2011, 03:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Is this the reason we can get their Glow plugs dirt cheap right now?
Old 03-15-2011, 03:26 PM
Tech Master

Well... There are no more cars at Danish races... But the number of OD plug users are increasing

Originally Posted by RacerX11
$2.49 for OD 77T plugs at Tower Hobbies
Old 03-15-2011, 06:01 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RacerX11
from my understanding the reason they are so cheap is because hobbico/towerhobbies is selling the rest of their stock of OD parts and plugs and then steve will be distributing them. they will still be made and sold like normal, maybe just not from tower.
Old 03-16-2011, 07:46 AM
Tech Regular

The OD plugs that Tower Hobbies and the other online hobby shops are selling are the "old" versions. Ed Bridges at EBMods told me yesterday that Steve has revised his glow plug design because the old plugs did not seat correctly in the button heads of some engines (they were too short), so he re-designed them. If the old plugs work in your engines, grab all you can at the low prices ASAP. For me, I use the old versions in my Nova +4C and they work great, but they won't work in my new EBMods JS .21 engine because of the button seating problem.
Old 03-16-2011, 10:30 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Officespace
The OD plugs that Tower Hobbies and the other online hobby shops are selling are the "old" versions. Ed Bridges at EBMods told me yesterday that Steve has revised his glow plug design because the old plugs did not seat correctly in the button heads of some engines (they were too short), so he re-designed them. If the old plugs work in your engines, grab all you can at the low prices ASAP. For me, I use the old versions in my Nova +4C and they work great, but they won't work in my new EBMods JS .21 engine because of the button seating problem.
Can you tell the difference just by looking at the wrapping? The last OD77T plugs I bought at Amain in the summer 2010 looks like this:

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...bo-Glow-Plug-1

And I bought 50 old ones at Tower Hobbies last Saturday...
Old 03-16-2011, 12:01 PM
Tech Regular

Can you tell the difference just by looking at the wrapping? The last OD77T plugs I bought at Amain in the summer 2010 looks like this:

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...bo-Glow-Plug-1

And I bought 50 old ones at Tower Hobbies last Saturday...
I'm not sure how we will be able to tell the new OD plugs from the old versions - unfortunately Ed didn't say anything about that. But...I think the delay in O'Donnell releasing their new 87T medium-high temp plug was a result of the new design. I just ordered some of the 87T plugs from Tower, so I'll let you know if anything is different when I get them.
Old 03-16-2011, 01:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

I doubt the new plugs will be coming from Tower. About the only thing new is the fuel and Steve has no part of that now.
I would like to see Steve make a public announcement and put an ease to all the speculation.
Old 03-16-2011, 01:05 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Officespace
I'm not sure how we will be able to tell the new OD plugs from the old versions - unfortunately Ed didn't say anything about that. But...I think the delay in O'Donnell releasing their new 87T medium-high temp plug was a result of the new design. I just ordered some of the 87T plugs from Tower, so I'll let you know if anything is different when I get them.
no difference, i have 87T and 97T and cant tell any difference between the two but i might of gotten both plugs in new version, if there really is changes. i didnt hear of any changes about plugs from steve. but then again, i never asked about plugs.
Old 03-16-2011, 01:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Greg B
I would like to see Steve make a public announcement and put an ease to all the speculation.
+1! It would help everybody to know what is going on, at least at a high level. That would ease the minds of O'Donnell car owners, potential buyers and even team members!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.