Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MTX-2 Laydown Servos

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2004, 10:39 AM
Tech Initiate

Default MTX-2 Laydown Servos

Anyone know if its possible to laydown servos in MTX-2? What are other ways to lower cg?
Old 09-01-2004, 02:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

No, there is no way to do this unless you make the mods personally. You can mount the throttle servo and tank from the underside of the upper deck. You can also use the MTX-3 engine mounts and smaller flywheel to help lower cg. But, unless you rig something on the steering servo, it is almost impossible with the design of the car to lay that servo down.
Old 09-01-2004, 04:19 PM
Tech Addict

my RR doesn't have lay down servos, and I don't worry about it. Work on your driving skills, if your laps are super consistent then you need to change something on your car, but if it's not then you need to change your driving skill.

remember it's not always the fastest car that wins.
Old 09-01-2004, 06:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default It can be done!

Yes you can do that to a MTX-2 but for what you would gain would hardily be worth all the effort and cost of doing so. Most RC cars are a little back heavy but the MTX-2 has to much back weight in my opinion so what I did is redid the battery pack and moved it in front. Make the battery pack so you can lay it side ways. Email me and I'll dig up the pictures of how I did it. This is much easier then doing the servo and you will have a better CG and distribution. puls your only cost is some wire, soder and maybe a little stiffer front springs
Old 09-02-2004, 06:18 PM

anybody need a solid rear diff or a front one way. cheap, pm me.