Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Team Associated TC4 >

Team Associated TC4

Like Tree300Likes

Team Associated TC4

Old 02-19-2009, 10:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

but will the tc5 make it much easier to succeed?
Old 02-20-2009, 02:45 AM
Tech Elite

The TC5 will be easier to handel. But to succeed? I don't know. Like I said, it's on your driving skills and car setup. If you have those two down, you might just find yourself ahead of the pack.
Old 02-20-2009, 08:03 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Foxxrocket
If you can drive, yes. I've even seen some experts driver the older TC3. So, your limited only to your driving abillity.
+1 The chassis isn't outdated, only people's opinions of it. A free rolling TC3 is still very very fast.
Old 02-20-2009, 08:16 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gentleman81
sup fellas, to those of u who run this car. with the same equipment, will this car hold up against the tc5, cyclone (budget model), and t2s???

want to get a car in the next month or so. i know im not gonna be the top dog. but there are guys around here that can flat out drive. no matter the equipment
At our last club race I placed second in Vintage TransAm between two T2-007's with my TC4 tubby. All three of our best laps were on the same 1/10th. This is on a comparatively tight "club" track, though, where the shaft drive responsiveness may be a bit of an advantage...at least enough to overcome the disadvantages...and in a class that isn't "pushing" the chassis due to the limited power available. I'm also running a spool in the front which I think helps with the quick acceleration.

That said, I don't think the car would be particularly successful against the newer designs in a full-on 6-cell Stock or SuperStock situation where you're starting to push the chassis. For someone wanting to get experience on a budget it's a GREAT way to go--you won't be any faster really with one car vs any others, but I'd bet on the driver of a more modern chassis than the TC3/4 given equal drivers in these classes.
Old 02-20-2009, 08:43 AM
Tech Elite

I agree, the TC4 is great in VTA and stock. But once you get into Super stock and Mod, you'll notice more torque steer in the car. As for the streering, it can be easly fixxed with some shims in the streeing rack.

The car has it's faults, but it's still a wonderfull car with a large following.
Old 02-20-2009, 02:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Any tips or tricks for getting the drivetrain freed up? Just got mine back from my father in law to do some RCGT. 5 years in a garage didnt help things much.
Old 02-21-2009, 01:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DG Designs
Any tips or tricks for getting the drivetrain freed up? Just got mine back from my father in law to do some RCGT. 5 years in a garage didnt help things much.
Dunno, just pull it apart and clean everything. I was fairly lucky with my mine that it was setup for the state titles or the Aus Nats can't remember which and never had that problem. I can spin a rear wheel and get the front to move with a brushed motor.

Has anyone been able to use a kit servo horn on the Spektrum Z590 servo. I'm currently using the 'J' servo horn on a Spektrum Z270 servo but the horn doesn't fit the Z590. The Z270 is plastic geared and the Z590 is metal geared.
Old 02-21-2009, 07:08 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scooter79rs
Dunno, just pull it apart and clean everything. I was fairly lucky with my mine that it was setup for the state titles or the Aus Nats can't remember which and never had that problem. I can spin a rear wheel and get the front to move with a brushed motor.

Has anyone been able to use a kit servo horn on the Spektrum Z590 servo. I'm currently using the 'J' servo horn on a Spektrum Z270 servo but the horn doesn't fit the Z590. The Z270 is plastic geared and the Z590 is metal geared.
You'll just have to push harder--they have the same number of splines/use the same servo horn. Sometimes you can use an over length screw to pull them together, but be aware they'll be bugger-all to get apart again.
Old 02-23-2009, 08:53 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Part Timer
Thanks,

I couldn't figure out why you would run positive. I guess it is from my days doing alignments in a Pontiac/Cadillac dealership. I had a teacher in auto school tell us the way to remember camber and caster is the out house theory. "You have to go out back to get a positive reaction"

Thanks again
Ummm, I have no idea what that means!

You don't use positive camber (i.e. top of the tire/rim farther out than the bottom) on anything but a grader tractor or the front tires of an old wheeled tractor. Certainly not anything that is driven over 10 mph! Has to do with tire deflection.
Old 02-23-2009, 07:37 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Boomer
Ummm, I have no idea what that means!

You don't use positive camber (i.e. top of the tire/rim farther out than the bottom) on anything but a grader tractor or the front tires of an old wheeled tractor. Certainly not anything that is driven over 10 mph! Has to do with tire deflection.
I guess I should have explained the old saying a little better. The positive reaction it was refering to is goign positive on camber or caster. The out back refers to top of the tire out for positive and top of spindle "back" for positive caster.

I had a guy bring in a Fiero one time for me to align. He had his own set of alignement specs for all four wheels. I told him i could only set to Pontiac specs and wondered how he came up with his own specs. He told me used a pyrometer and ran a lot on an interstate checking tire temps to come up with his specs. It seems he used to build indy car engines inthe early 70's

Anyway, For all the years I did alignments and being ASE certified in suspesion and steering, I seem to recall hearing a little about tire deflection but I also recall any negative camber setting having a little minus sign in front of it. That is why I asked, just trying to clear up my question, not trying to be a dumb a$$.

Oh I also forgot, when I used to run oval we would set the right side with negative camber and the left side with positive to get this \ \ with the front wheels.

Thanks for the help.

Last edited by Part Timer; 02-23-2009 at 07:40 PM. Reason: Let out something
Old 02-24-2009, 01:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 134 (100%+)
Default need some help

hey guys i have a buddy that just picked up a tc3or4 not sure and he is running stock co27 with rubber tire on a 40 buy 70 size track any sugestions on gearing thanks for the help (carpet)
Old 02-28-2009, 11:57 AM
J B
Tech Rookie

People have told me about putting shims in the steering rack to help get rid of some of the steering slop,where exactly do i put these shims?

Also i am converting my gears to 64 pitch but i want the same size spur and pinion as my 48 pitch gears.So i was looking at my extra spur gears for my other cars and found a 64 pitch gear and 48 pitch gear that where the same size.I did a little math and found out that the 64 pitch gear had 1.333... times as many teeth as the 48 pitch gear.So i just timed my stock gears teeth(72 tooth) by 1.333... and came up with 96.Would this be correct?
Old 02-28-2009, 02:27 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by AM03GT
only 2 things need to be done to "tighten" the steering...

i put tighten in parentheses because you want to have some slop...

1) The hex shaped bushings can be sanded shorter as wyd suggested... or you can shim the small gap with axle shims... works the same, shims are safer cause you aren't changing the piece.

2) sand (needs only a tiny bit) the top hat bushings shorter as well (sand the smaller diameter face). It doesnt matter if they are over-shortened. Use an AE#7337 washer under the button head screw and adjust the rack using these screws. As long as the holes aren't stripped on the bellcrank pieces this will allow all the adjustability needed to get your rack just right...

at this point there should be no undesired slop in the steering at all.
Page 248 if you want to read on...
Old 03-03-2009, 01:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hello guys!
Frankly speaking I'm losi driver, but my friend has TC4 FT, we often drive together, it is a nice car, but I look for good setup for him for small offroad track and medium asfalt track, can you guys suggest something to help him? He is not speaking english very flunet, so I started to look fo something. More about converting tc4 ft to rally would nice too
Old 03-03-2009, 01:45 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Kajman
Hello guys!
Frankly speaking I'm losi driver, but my friend has TC4 FT, we often drive together, it is a nice car, but I look for good setup for him for small offroad track and medium asfalt track, can you guys suggest something to help him? He is not speaking english very flunet, so I started to look fo something. More about converting tc4 ft to rally would nice too
search the key word "rally" in the electric no-road and electric off-road forums.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.