Team Associated TC4

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2006, 03:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I have one and love it.
Old 04-03-2006, 08:22 PM
Tech Initiate

I just put my conversion on this weekend and I loved it.

I have a question concerning foam tires. Has anyone had trouble with foam tires rubbing on the ball stud on the shock. I have some nice grooves worn into the plastic from the tire. Is there a good way to fix this problem?
Old 04-03-2006, 10:08 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default Question about Tc3

I cant let go of my tc3...i love it! My question guys is that...
..is there a conversion for the tc3? like in the factory team of tc4 with double deck carbon fiber chasis? If you have any...please pm me Thank you guys!

Last question..What parts can a TC4 can fit on my TC3?

Thanks guys!
Mike from Philippines
Old 04-04-2006, 04:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

BMI makes one for the tc3.
Old 04-04-2006, 07:41 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default any other battery straps?

Anybody know of any battery strap kits for the FT TC4 other than the AE one? I haven't heard glowing reviews of it. I'd really like something with small retainers/stabilizers that sit at the corners under the cells like some other cars have.
Old 04-04-2006, 08:33 AM
Tech Adept

Just use tape. I've hit walls hard enough to break a well soldered battery bar joint without losing cells held in with 3 run old tape. Spend more than $5 on tape and I doubt you'll ever have much of a problem (assuming you file the battery slots like with any car).
Old 04-04-2006, 10:43 AM
Tech Regular

Yeah, I've been doing ok with tape for a while, I must have to go back and re-smooth the slots. Last time out I was doing very well, trying to drive a little too aggressively and ended up smacking pretty hard and ejecting the pack rather comically. It's just frustrating when that's something that never happened on my old TC3, but I still like this car a lot. I just need to avoid the hard hits, not blame the tape.

BTW, on the subject of tape, I've been using pretty good quality strapping tape, but someone gave me a roll of that really thin, delicate looking black tape thats supposed to be good for this. I haven't tried is because it looks so weak, but does anyone else use this? I'm at work now and don't have the tape to check the brand, but hopefully someone knows what I'm talking about. It's pretty narrow too, probably only a centimeter wide. Thanks.
Old 04-04-2006, 11:00 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by pullinteef
Anybody know of any battery strap kits for the FT TC4 other than the AE one? I haven't heard glowing reviews of it. I'd really like something with small retainers/stabilizers that sit at the corners under the cells like some other cars have.
The AE strap coupled with the battery strap thumb screws works great... i've only ejected a battery once and it was a pretty bad crash that did it... broke an arm so not like the battery was keeping me from finishing... just for a little added insurance i made 2 ejection stops... its very simple... 10-15 min max with a dremel...

between cell 1/2 and 5/6 drill a 4-40 hole centered on the remaining lip on the outside of the battery... then take a conical bit or a countersink bit and countersink the bottom for a 4-40 flathead... use 4-40 x 3/8 screw and 2 AE black offroad nylon nuts to make a stop post at both locations...
Old 04-04-2006, 11:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The cell layout of the XRAY T2 and the FTTC4 is identical (distance from one cell to the next). You can bolt the T2 chassis on the FT chassis and drill the holes for the T2 battery pillows... all six of them. Drill the holes, countersink the ones for the screws, and youre done. The pillows are cheap, if you take your time with a little effort you can have a pack that NEVER comes out of your FT. Youll be able to use the same piece of tape all day long with little concern for the pack coming out.
Old 04-04-2006, 12:28 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks. That sounds exactly like what I want to do.
Old 04-04-2006, 07:52 PM
Tech Regular

Cool

I just got a really nice hopped up Team kit not Factory Team, and I have a quick question reguarding a one-way. I'm not sure but I think the car has a Yokomo HD one-way. I was is there supposed to be any type of spacer in the out drives live o-rings or something like that?

Thanks
RH
Old 04-04-2006, 09:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

Last edited by jumpinjackflash; 04-05-2006 at 08:59 PM.
Old 04-05-2006, 08:17 AM
Tech Elite

Yeah, I've been doing ok with tape for a while, I must have to go back and re-smooth the slots. Last time out I was doing very well, trying to drive a little too aggressively and ended up smacking pretty hard and ejecting the pack rather comically. It's just frustrating when that's something that never happened on my old TC3, but I still like this car a lot. I just need to avoid the hard hits, not blame the tape.

BTW, on the subject of tape, I've been using pretty good quality strapping tape, but someone gave me a roll of that really thin, delicate looking black tape thats supposed to be good for this. I haven't tried is because it looks so weak, but does anyone else use this? I'm at work now and don't have the tape to check the brand, but hopefully someone knows what I'm talking about. It's pretty narrow too, probably only a centimeter wide. Thanks.
I've got a roll that looks like that.

I don't like it.

I went back to tape that has fiber-strands in it, like packing tape. I've got some thin tape that has a lot of strands in it and that works great. Strands = goodness. No-strands=badness.
Old 04-05-2006, 08:27 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RH Customs
I just got a really nice hopped up Team kit not Factory Team, and I have a quick question reguarding a one-way. I'm not sure but I think the car has a Yokomo HD one-way. I was is there supposed to be any type of spacer in the out drives live o-rings or something like that?

Thanks
RH
The AE One Way comes with 2 o-rings for the outdrives... just standard shock o-rings will do, one in each outdrive.
Old 04-05-2006, 08:54 AM
Tech Regular

Cool, that is kinda what I thought. I took a look at the one in the manual for the Yok CGM, but is was still unsure. Thanks for the info AM03GT.

Thanks
RH

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.