Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree300Likes

Team Associated TC4

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2006, 08:38 PM
Tech Initiate

to set the record straight, I hit the wall the first two times cause the car got really loose in the beginning of the turn but the third time I was going good and I was on the outside so someone could pass and they went high in the first turn and hit me broad side and broke the exact same things as when I hit the wall and that seems unlikely.
Old 03-26-2006, 02:29 AM
Tech Addict

tyre diameter is 65, tell me what pinion you got. cheers.
Old 03-26-2006, 05:33 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

No no no...THAT'S not how homework is done.

You tell ME what pinion you come up with. I've given you two blow-by-blow methods, you just have to plug your info in.

I'll tell you if it looks correct. I'll also need to assume you've calculated your current 26mm rollout correctly. It's almost spot-on (26.09mm) if you've got a 23-tooth pinion on there now.

Scottrik
Tell a man the result of the calculation he's set for this heat...TEACH a man how to perform the calculation he's set for EVERY heat he'll ever race PLUS he can help HIS friends learn how!!

Last edited by Scottrik; 03-26-2006 at 05:51 AM.
Old 03-26-2006, 09:50 AM
Tech Regular

Default Pinion Stuff

Scottrik & Bummy

Isn't all this stuff figured out for you already at www.gearchart.com
Old 03-26-2006, 09:59 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by E-BUSS
Isn't all this stuff figured out for you already at www.gearchart.com
Probably...but what's the fun in that? Exercising the upper body (the muscle between your ears) is what keeps you fit and keeps the Alzheimers at bay later in life.

Plus, being able to make the calculation yourself is MUCH more useful at the track if you find you're off, or are forced to go to a different spur gear size, or... The internet may not be handy, but I've ALWAYS got a calculator in my tool box. And if it dies, a pen and scratchpaper will get me there.

Scottrik
Old 03-26-2006, 10:10 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Scottrik
Probably...but what's the fun in that? Exercising the upper body (the muscle between your ears) is what keeps you fit and keeps the Alzheimers at bay later in life.

Plus, being able to make the calculation yourself is MUCH more useful at the track if you find you're off, or are forced to go to a different spur gear size, or... The internet may not be handy, but I've ALWAYS got a calculator in my tool box. And if it dies, a pen and scratchpaper will get me there.

Scottrik
You're absolutely right, Knowing the background behind the numbers given out at gearchart.com is imperative. I just thought that the tables created at gearchart may be useful as a quick reference guide at the track.
Old 03-26-2006, 10:16 PM
Tech Addict

how good is that site hey,
Old 03-27-2006, 04:44 AM
Tech Champion

It's plenty good. If you put in good information good information comes out. It gives a "window" around your current (or desired gearing) and prints a chart based on a given spur gear. If you put in erroneous information the maxim GIGO applies...

Scottrik
Old 03-27-2006, 04:45 AM
Tech Initiate

hi..does the tower from the tc4(plastic or graphite) make in the tc4ft?
i want a fast reply please!
Old 03-27-2006, 05:02 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by kflabouris
hi..does the tower from the tc4(plastic or graphite) make in the tc4ft?
i want a fast reply please!
Yes you can put the shocks tower from the tc4 on the TC4FT.
Old 03-27-2006, 05:18 AM
Tech Initiate

thanks a lot S_fender!!!
Old 03-27-2006, 09:28 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by kgonder1969
to set the record straight, I hit the wall the first two times cause the car got really loose in the beginning of the turn but the third time I was going good and I was on the outside so someone could pass and they went high in the first turn and hit me broad side and broke the exact same things as when I hit the wall and that seems unlikely.

I too ran my TC4 for oval and I hit plenty of boards and never broke a single part. Are you running the stock plastic parts or did you run out and buy the graphite parts kit?
Old 03-27-2006, 03:21 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by kgonder1969
Never ever blame the car when you hit something (or someone hits you. . .)

The only way that a car is not going to break if an impact happens (consistently. . .) is if it's either so solid that it's unbreakable (and then would be so heavy as to be unusable) or so flexible that it absorbs the impacts (and would then be so flexible and flimsy as to be unraceable.)

Impacts break things. Fact of life!
Old 03-27-2006, 04:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Well I had my 1st race with the fttc4 this Saturday. And the car is great.

I uesd Baker setup from the roar asphalt natioals.Only thing I had to change was the rear spring from green to silver & front and rear droop.And the car was hooked up.

It alway nice when othere racer, want to driver your car to try it out.

Good job ae cann't wait untill the next race.
Old 03-27-2006, 04:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

How do you guys calculate the gear ratio for the FT TC4 if you are using 64 pitch pinion and spur gear?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.