Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree300Likes

Team Associated TC4

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2006, 11:11 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Jsaves
What surface and what tires was Juho on?
My interest is carpet and foams.

Mario, thanks for asking the question better than I did.

God Bless
DHI Cup (as well as all european carpet races) run on rubber tires. I'm looking forward to getting the new chassis kit (atleast the top plate) because we run "Euro Style" in my area.

BTW: Welcome to Team TC4!
Old 01-28-2006, 11:30 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by XMSRacing
So now that I found what I'm looking for via search (swear I couldn't find anything 2 minutes ago...), it talks about shimming the rack. Is that a matter of just putting some axle shims between the hex bushing, rack, and the chassis? Do better ball cups help? (still running the stock AE ones)
Don't shim the rack. File the posts (the pieces that go inside the bearings). If you file the ends (the end that you slide the bearing over when it goes on) it allows the other piece to snug up to the bearing when you tighten it up. If you file it a little at a time and check it as you go, you can get all of the slop out without adding any shims. This goes for the posts that mount to the chassis, and the posts on the steering rack. With shims, you are limited by the shim thicknesses you have on hand - if you file it, you can get it exact and perfect. My rack has NO slop now - the only slop left is in the ballcups and the rest of the suspension.
Old 01-28-2006, 05:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

What is the best way t dial out on pwer oversteer, I have just run my car for the first time and it is a little too taily for my likings

running foam on med bite carpet
Old 01-28-2006, 06:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Not fixed yet?

Originally Posted by ralph_c
Putting input shims on the bellcrank axle helps. This reduced my steering slop, but I've had trouble sorting out the slop in the plastic bar which goes sideways across the ends of the bellcranks. This pivots up and down because the bushing round the screws is very slightly larger than the hole in the plastic part.
Old 01-28-2006, 06:47 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Fragile?

I have some questions about the FT TC4. Do you guys find this car to break easily? I know its a broad question and that all cars break. Also, what have you guys found to be more common to breaking on this car? Thanks
Old 01-28-2006, 06:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

when i had my tc4 i broke the turn buckels and the castor hubs. also the a-arms
Old 01-28-2006, 09:20 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RobertM
I have some questions about the FT TC4. Do you guys find this car to break easily? I know its a broad question and that all cars break. Also, what have you guys found to be more common to breaking on this car? Thanks

Run the RPM NTC3 lower bumper and you won't really break anything
Old 01-28-2006, 09:46 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Yes parts break easily. AE really needs to start making more durable parts, especially for carpet. Maybe offer carpet spec parts or something. Steering arms, blocks and arms break easy compared to other cars.
Old 01-28-2006, 09:49 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BlackKat
Run the RPM NTC3 lower bumper and you won't really break anything
Calaker - I've taken some decent wacks with my TC4 since getting the RPM loer bumper. Nothing has broken on my TC4 since. I think the bumper cost me about ten bucks and has already saved me that in parts (and having to work on the car!)

I have to admit, without the add-on bumper...the car is pretty brittle. Believe it or not, the original plastic pieces break easier than their graphite counterparts.
Old 01-28-2006, 10:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ya a good bumper helps but not all the time. Head to head with other cars, the car breaks easier. Just my experience.
Old 01-28-2006, 11:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

for the steering rack, I use input shims and locktite on the screws to get it perfect (imo). For parts breaking, I broke alot of steering arms until I got the rpm bumper plate and a p-dub foam bumper. Have not broke a part since. I will admit my driving has gotten a little better but I usually have one good wreck with a board a nite.
Old 01-28-2006, 11:34 PM
imr
Tech Adept

I have bought my ft tc4 when it came out.
I run on rubber on carpet and I have not broken a thing yet!!
The fastest guy on the track (I'm always second ) drives an rdx (if he would drive a tc4 he would still win, it's his driving, not the car), but man, THAT car is fragile!
Old 01-29-2006, 12:09 AM
Tech Regular

ARGH! About to throw my Tc4 out the window right now. Im buying a T2 enough of this.
Old 01-29-2006, 03:22 AM
tc4
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Where can you get the RPM NTC3 lower bumper because i have broken alot of steering arms on my car?
Old 01-29-2006, 10:47 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Bumpers

Get the Parma ultimate bumper, It is foam and fits right in no problem. It does not flex.
The problem that I found with the ntc3 bumper is the rubber gromets that are used to hold it in place will let the bumper slip when you have an impact and drag on the racing surface. Unless someone has found a way to mount it without any slip concerns.
God Bless

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.