Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Team Associated TC4 >

Team Associated TC4

Like Tree298Likes

Team Associated TC4

Old 10-04-2005, 08:00 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Hey Walter I am just starting to run the Losi Hubs. What position is closest to stock. (how many washers)
Old 10-04-2005, 08:27 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)

Originally Posted by walterhenderson
With the losi hubs --

1-- You can raise and lower the ballstud with out changing the camber link length.

2-- You can take more toe-in out.

Walter
Can't you change the inboard camber link with washers and get the same thing?
Old 10-04-2005, 08:33 AM
Tech Champion

Yes you can but with the ability to change it out board as well as in board you open up alot more fine tuning. You can also affect camber change through out the travel of the shock.
Old 10-04-2005, 08:35 AM
Tech Adept

Hi all, I'm about to buy a spool for my TC4.
Which one is better? What spare parts should I buy (CVD bones, CVD axles...) with the use of the spool?
Old 10-04-2005, 08:37 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Bob Barry
You can also affect camber change through out the travel of the shock.
I agree about the fine tunning. Different size washer will do the same thing.

Both adjustment points will affect camber change thru jounce and rebound.
Old 10-04-2005, 08:48 AM
Tech Champion

Canto I know everyone is a firm believer in spools but I hate them. I switched from a spool to a center one way and was much faster. If you decide to run a spool get a few of them. They wear fast. You will also need a bunch of pin cushions...glue them into place. I know that all the guys who ran spools in our area were chewing up gears in the front gear box. Ring and pinion gears mostly. Spools can be faster but your equipment pays the price. I ran 3 weekends on 1 spool and it is worn, I had to replace my front input shaft, my rear input shaft, the front pin cushions, the center drive shaft pin cushions and a ceramic bearing went as well.

So like I said, Spools can be very fast but because there is no give in the transmission you will likely begin rejecting parts left and right.

If you want to be insanely fast...run front one way with center oneway. Its very fast but you have to stay on it or you will spin.
Old 10-04-2005, 09:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)
Default Battery Strap

I just pulled my battery posts and strap from my Yok BD/LCG and it fits perfectly on the FT TC4....one post in the front screw position the other in the battery strap slot....held perfect...
the standoffs are about 8 bucks at speedtech.
Old 10-04-2005, 09:06 AM
Tech Champion

Thanks guys for making me see the error of my ways. I have been an offroad guy for years. We would never use tape on the battery. Plus we really never think of chassis tweak with an offroad car. So now I am running a car that just putting the battery in can affect the chassis. Never really thought of that. So now I will use tape.
Old 10-04-2005, 09:25 AM
Tech Champion

Using tape may seem annoying at first but after 4 or 5 packs you generally get used to it. This may sound wierd but find someone who runs 1/12th scale and ask them to show you how to tape your batteries in. Its not that you won't figure it out, they are just used to it and will be able to show you an easy way.
Old 10-04-2005, 09:28 AM
Tech Elite

I've been using tape for a long time, since my primary class is Pro10 and we pretty much all use tape.

You CAN do tape quickly. I've converted my tub-chassis TC4 over to tape and I can change my batteries just as quickly as anyone with the strap-thing.

Get some good quality tape. Look for it - don't cheap out and get the crap. Get GOOD quality tape. You can find it.

Give yourself some extra length - so that the tape overlaps the entire battery pack.

Fold over the ends 1/4" so that you can peel back without fumbling.

Now - if you have good tape, you can use it again and again. I've used the same piece of tape for at least 6 runs. If it gets bad and I'm in a rush, I'll trim it a bit shorter (so there's still overlap) and use another piece as a "locker" - about 4" and it goes over the top.

I'm really surprised to see your posts, Johnbull. This is a REALLY trivial thing. I would have expected to see you discuss real issues - a battery strap is not a big deal. In fact, at the beginning of this thread a LOT of people (like me) were getting rid of the battery strappy thing and moving to tape.

Perhaps it's our fault. Perhaps TonyP saw everyone on the thread discussing where to cut the tape slot, how to get rid of the posts, now nice it was to tape, etc. and told AE that, heck, they're all going to tape.
Old 10-04-2005, 09:34 AM
Tech Champion

Thanks for the tips on the tape. I do have some Wolf products tape. The good stuff.
Old 10-04-2005, 09:38 AM
Tech Champion

I think that Johnbull has his own issues with the car. The tape is just a side bar. Everything that I have seen since the car was release was how he hacked it all up to make it better. From what I know, they were really successful with the TC3. This is a different car. Maybe its no longer the car for him. Yeah I know...Im expecting all the comments. Hey Im just stating my opinion based on the facts that were in front of me. JohnBull. I wish you all the success in the world, but it sounds as if this is the wrong car for you. If you chose the Yok, I suggest you talk to Matt Howard. He will be able to help you get "up to speed" very quickly. If I were in your shoes....I would wait for the new Schumacher...it seems you do primarily rubber tire racing and in my opinion that car is going to be one to be wreckoned with.

now back to our regularly scheduled programming
Old 10-04-2005, 10:07 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Bob Barry
Hey Walter I am just starting to run the Losi Hubs. What position is closest to stock. (how many washers)

I would say without looking at it 1 washer would get you pretty close to stock height. However if you are running foam on carpet start with 2. I have run as many as 3, but then you need to run the open style ball cup that was used on the tc3 type swaybars mounts.
Old 10-04-2005, 10:09 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by dodgeguy
Can't you change the inboard camber link with washers and get the same thing?
Yes, but on carpet we generaly raise the outer ballstud and lower the inner ballstud to get the car to rotate.
Old 10-04-2005, 10:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Was he talking about the wheelbase position or the ball stud location?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.