Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree300Likes

Team Associated TC4

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2004, 01:47 AM
Tech Adept

The TRF415 is no stronger than a TC4, I've seen one total itself at our club just as easily as any other top end car.

The tamiya you want for durability is the TL-01.... the soft plastic brick containing electrics. They can't compete at high level but they are damned hard to break.
Old 11-23-2004, 06:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Anyone know where to buy the cooling chassis/fan upgrade part#31037?
A friend of mine is desperate for it and I am looking around.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Stephen <><
Old 11-23-2004, 06:35 AM
Tech Adept

The fan duct mod hasn't been released yet as far as I am aware.

Andy
Old 11-23-2004, 06:37 AM
Tech Regular

AE has not shipped them yet. I called yesterday and they don't have a ship date yet.

I need a carbon kit, anyone know of one in stock?
Old 11-23-2004, 06:45 AM
Tech Elite

speedtech
Old 11-23-2004, 06:51 AM
Tech Regular

Speedtech's site says "out of stock".
Old 11-23-2004, 06:56 AM
Tech Elite

he had them last night I believe sorry about that.
If he is out of stock then I think most others will be too.
Send Steve an email to see when he expects more. He is great to work with.
Thanks for listening,
Stephen <><
Old 11-23-2004, 07:24 AM
Tech Master

I asked Steve for a carbon kit last week and he said they were out of stock. He didn't say when he would have some.
Old 11-23-2004, 07:27 AM
Tech Regular

AE is out, so the only ones around are at shops.
Old 11-23-2004, 07:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

What is it with manufacturers these days? I mean, with every major car release lately, parts have been terribly difficult to get. The Pro4, XRay FK, TC4, they all have had trouble getting parts for them.

I'm tired of AE releasing a kit then coming out with the Factory version a year later. Anyone have a reason for this other than they want to gouge all of us by forcing us to buy the Carbon kit and such seperate.

While I'm ranting, why do they insist on including 0* blocks in these kits? I mean REALLY! I've never seen a setup that uses them. I've always used 4* blocks.

I swear this is the last one. For the 4* blocks...don't write on them with a marker...mold the 4L and 4R into the part? That marker just sucks! By the time you finish the part so that it moves freely in the arm, the marker is worn off.

Rant over...
Old 11-23-2004, 07:59 AM
Tech Adept

The main problem with a lot of big releases these days is that to meet the initial demand all cylinders in the factorys are geared towards the kit bits.

If the kit is late people complain, if the kit is released in small number people complain.... at the end of the day people ideally want everything yesterday and its hard to meet that sort of deadline

Also companies, even big ones like AE, have to circulate their money carefully. It costs a certain amount to build each kit, if they run 5000 kits off in bulk it is a large outgoing in one go, this is why they then have to re-coup some of that money back from sales to pay for the next bulk manufacture. Normally the kits take preference, hence the spares delay.

With regards to FT releases, although I will admit marketing is part of the reason for the delayed release the other important reason is they like to fully test the kit to make any improvements before they release the full competition kit. As far as I know a lot of the AE Team drivers have input on what they want in their cars and this often dictates what ends up in the FT kit. Also small improvements, like moulding errors etc.. are normally found out in the first 6 months of a car's release and these will be fixed for the FT version.

The main problem with spares is that manufacture in the early stages is geared towards kit parts, this ties up the machines and finances for spares production.

AE, HPI. Losi and all the RC manufacturers have to try to meet demands of the customers, now you can argue some methods used work better than others but that is a different discussion. it is hard to please everyone. Imagine if AE said the TC4 is going to be delayed 3 months to ensure a full supply of spares is available for the kit release. There would be tons of people on here complaining that they should release it first.

Its one of those endless no win situations that happen in every business.

Andy
Old 11-23-2004, 08:22 AM
Tech Elite

I know...I just feel like complaining today. If they were to fix the 4* blocks I'd be perfectly happy and could move on to complaining about other stuff.

Blake
Old 11-23-2004, 08:22 AM
Tech Adept

lol I get days like that too
Old 11-23-2004, 08:25 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Tamiya....

Originally posted by RCknight
TRF415 the current world champ. Can't compete with a stronger arm? Whatever.....
Slightly different than the "unbreakable" Tamiya - let's not compare oranges to mushrooms please.
Old 11-23-2004, 08:29 AM
Tech Elite

So which one are you saying was grown in $hit?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.