Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree300Likes

Team Associated TC4

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2004, 08:14 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Scrad
I'm putting my kit together and the damn hinge pins are bent. What junk. Are the TC3 hinge pins the same sizes? I think I may get some lunsford ones.
LOL yea I had a couple of them aswell in my kit. It's pretty bad when a new kit has bend pins, but maybe when you crash you will end up with straight ones LOL.

Coxy.
Old 11-17-2004, 09:54 PM
Tech Regular

hey guys I'm new to racing pretty much. someone that knows carpet and tc3 would they mind taking a look @ this lin @ our local track n tellin me about wut i should try to run.

[img]
http://pic17.picturetrail.com/VOL785...5/73662272.jpg[/img]

also what degree losi hubs n stuff should i run. my car is completely stock. just bought it. let me know what upgrades are a must.

I used MIP blue orings in my shocks. cause i hurd AE orings blow.
Old 11-18-2004, 03:19 AM
Tech Master

ok i would get some 0 deg losi hubs, you will want shock springs and oil to set it up a good starting setwup is purple spings with 60wt oil in the front and copper springs with 60wt oil in the rear with the tc3 you will want some spare arms also you will probly want to pick up a set of 4 deg C hubs. As for setup tools to start get a flat board (hudy makes one) a ride hight gauge and a camber gauge this is a good start and you can go from here. As far as the tc4 hinge pins you the tc3 ones wont fit but the ntc3/b4 ones will after you cut them down. Hope this helps.
-Justin
Old 11-18-2004, 08:42 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by Coxy
You should always run AE wheel nuts in backwards.

Coxy.
It's not a bug. It's a feature.
Sometimes I wonder. How can people keep a straight face when they talk about how wonderfully designed the car is?
Shocks that are pain to get right, unless you're a minority. Wheel nuts that have to go on backwards. Well at least we don't have to mill the chassis any more and the NTC3 steering convertion is also a thing of the past.
We'll just have to wait until 2009 for TC5 and hope they've fixed those things, sorry 2010, no make that 2011.
But isn't Associated supposed to be company that makes running changes to fix those annoying things instead of coming out with new chassis, with completely new faults, every year?
Ahhh, just kidding. But feeling a bit nasty now. The wait is killing me. I want my TC4! It's on it's way.

Last edited by andsetinn; 11-18-2004 at 09:00 AM.
Old 11-18-2004, 08:48 AM
Tech Adept

I've been running AE cars for a while now and never run the wheel nuts backwards or have any come loose.... maybe I'm just lucky or something
Old 11-18-2004, 09:04 AM
Tech Master

yeah i dont run the wheel nuts backwards either and haven't had any problems with the car
Old 11-18-2004, 10:19 AM
Tech Master

We run shallow wheel nuts simply because they're lighter, but have never had any problem with the normal AE nuts.

Can't say I've ever had a problem with AE shocks either, and I must have built at least 50 customer cars.

What are you guys doing?

What I do have a problem with is waiting for all the bits before I start putting my TC4 together.

Just as well the TC3 is still competitive.
Old 11-18-2004, 10:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Scrad
I'm putting my kit together and the damn hinge pins are bent. What junk. Are the TC3 hinge pins the same sizes? I think I may get some lunsford ones.
Its usually just the ends that are bent. Just file and polish them.\
The inner pins for the TC4 are larger.
Asc. Makes nice polished pins that are nice
Old 11-18-2004, 10:33 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by johnbull
Can't say I've ever had a problem with AE shocks either, and I must have built at least 50 customer cars.

What are you guys doing?
I have never had a problem with AE shocks either until now. I have never had a shock blow out the bottom o rings but now i have had both the back shocks on my TC4 blow out. I have rebuilt them and am going to drive the car tonight. so hopefully they will hold...
Old 11-18-2004, 10:39 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Javen13
ok i would get some 0 deg losi hubs, you will want shock springs and oil to set it up a good starting setwup is purple spings with 60wt oil in the front and copper springs with 60wt oil in the rear with the tc3 you will want some spare arms also you will probly want to pick up a set of 4 deg C hubs. As for setup tools to start get a flat board (hudy makes one) a ride hight gauge and a camber gauge this is a good start and you can go from here. As far as the tc4 hinge pins you the tc3 ones wont fit but the ntc3/b4 ones will after you cut them down. Hope this helps.
-Justin
so this setup is moreless the foundation for tc4 on carpet onroad. thanks man. right now I got 50 in the front w/ #3 pistons ( i guess is what you call them). in the rear im runnin 40weight w/ #2. w/ blue springs all the way around that AE supplied.
Old 11-18-2004, 10:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

You will need to go to stiffer springs for carpet.

Purple front, copper rear for foam.

One to two steps lighter if you are running rubber tires.

Oil is good for rubber but you will probably want to go to at least 60wt for foam.
Old 11-18-2004, 10:46 AM
Tech Master

yeah purple and copper seams to be the new hot setup for carpet its not too soft and not too firm i really like the setup
Old 11-18-2004, 04:23 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by johnbull

What are you guys doing?
Then maybe after you build TC4 shocks you will see what we are doing.

Coxy.
Old 11-18-2004, 04:49 PM
Tech Adept

For carpet here with my TC4, I use:
80 wt oil and white springs for the front
70 wt oil with purple springs for the rear
no.2 pistons all around

all the shims are removed from the chassis
4.5mm ride height all around with 1mm droop.
Car handles like it is on Rails
Old 11-18-2004, 04:49 PM
Tech Adept

I built up my TC4 shocks without any problems, went together the same as any other AE shock and have been working fine with no leaking at all so far.

Andy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.