Wiki Posts
Search

BMI 1/12 conversion/car

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2005, 09:22 PM
RLS
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I don't suppose anyone has an extra lower pod plate they would sell......would you???
Old 07-05-2005, 11:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by RLS
I don't suppose anyone has an extra lower pod plate they would sell......would you???
IRS just released lowered pod plates that should fit the BMI conversion. Just go to their website and check them out.
Old 07-05-2005, 11:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

i would check again. I don't think that the pod plates will work, unless irs has changed the distance between the mounts for the top plate. The BMi ones are not in the stock locations. BMI is actually a little wider side to side, and I think forward to back as well.
Old 07-05-2005, 11:11 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

No other plates will fit the car. They have different hold spacing.
I'm running a complete L4 rear end on mine right now just to use up some small tires in club races. Works alright. You just have to space up the center post because the pods are so much higher than the SG1 design.

take care
john
Old 07-05-2005, 11:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by theisgroup
i would check again. I don't think that the pod plates will work, unless irs has changed the distance between the mounts for the top plate. The BMi ones are not in the stock locations. BMI is actually a little wider side to side, and I think forward to back as well.
I got some for my YRX12 but I did not try them on my BMI. I was afraid that the hole spacing on the BMI would be different than the standard. Sorry, guys. I guess we will just have to wait on BMI to produce their own lowered plates.
Old 07-05-2005, 01:48 PM
sg1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Hey everyone,
John is correct, no others will fit. The hole location was moved to make it easier to get the motor in and out. I haven't seen any pod plates out there that will fit the BMI. I'm sure Jason will have something soon Just out of curiousity, how low of a tire are you guys wanting to run? The BMI pod plates are between stock and lowered ones.
Wayne
Old 07-05-2005, 03:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I can go down to about 1.7" before things get way out of control.

take care
john
Old 07-05-2005, 03:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by sg1
Hey everyone,
John is correct, no others will fit. The hole location was moved to make it easier to get the motor in and out. I haven't seen any pod plates out there that will fit the BMI. I'm sure Jason will have something soon Just out of curiousity, how low of a tire are you guys wanting to run? The BMI pod plates are between stock and lowered ones.
Wayne
Honestly, I have not tried my car yet as I am saving it for the Vegas race but I will start testing in the next couple of weeks and I will better be able to assess how much they should be lowered.

I would like to have the option of using rear tires at 1.78”. Remember that IRS now makes rear axle ride height adjusters from 0 to 3.5 in 5 mm increments so… using a pair of IRS 3.5 ride height adjusters and the tires at 1.78” I should be at the minimum ground clearance of 3mm at the rear of the car.

Hope this helps.
Old 07-05-2005, 04:23 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Crashby
Honestly, I have not tried my car yet as I am saving it for the Vegas race but I will start testing in the next couple of weeks and I will better be able to assess how much they should be lowered.

I would like to have the option of using rear tires at 1.78”. Remember that IRS now makes rear axle ride height adjusters from 0 to 3.5 in 5 mm increments so… using a pair of IRS 3.5 ride height adjusters and the tires at 1.78” I should be at the minimum ground clearance of 3mm at the rear of the car.

Hope this helps.
our tracks can be quite bumpy though so i nearly always end up running around 5mm ride height, so more lowered pod for me please
Old 07-05-2005, 04:40 PM
Tech Lord

hey guys,

anyone who wants to order the lowered pod plates,please call the shop or email me from my website.therefore they can take the orders in the office and put some fire under my a$$.i have a tendency to forget things once i get going at the shop.i am always going a million miles an hour and it doesnt take much to throw me off track.

thanks guys,
jason
Old 07-05-2005, 06:21 PM
sg1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Crashby,
You can run them to 1.74" and have 3mm at the rear of the chassis with #4 ride hgt. adj. I usually start at 1.83" to 1.85" and have 4.75mm clearance. I found any smaller tire then 1.74" will loose traction at the 6 1/2 minute point.

Wayne
Old 07-05-2005, 07:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default How's the computer working?

I see you are back online. How sweet it is!!! Have fun!

The Mugen Man!!!!
Old 07-05-2005, 09:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by protc3
hey guys,

anyone who wants to order the lowered pod plates,please call the shop or email me from my website.therefore they can take the orders in the office and put some fire under my a$$.i have a tendency to forget things once i get going at the shop.i am always going a million miles an hour and it doesnt take much to throw me off track.

thanks guys,
jason
Don't go so fast that you hurt yourself again!! Remember old Japanese proverb: "Slow down to go fast"

I will call the shop tomorrow and place my order for pod plates. Thanks again, Jason, for your commitment to us racers.
Old 07-08-2005, 11:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by protc3
hey guys,

please call the shop or email me from my website.

thanks guys,
jason
Jason,
I e-mailed through your website and your auto reply thing has sent me like 12 auto replys within the last 12 hours....you might what to check up on that.

My question is without reading all 46 pages of this thread is....are these 1/12 scale conversions kits or complete cars available to the general public at this time....if not, then when?
Thanks
Old 07-09-2005, 07:44 AM
Tech Lord

i know,i cant seem to figure out why the auto response goes nut like that.i really apologizefor that

the kit for the 1/12th is not a full car.it is most of the car with exception to the axel,diff,tplate,pivot balls and cups,front suspension components and bearings.im sure when wayne gets back from his donkey polo championships he can confirm all the parts needed i will be starting production on the 1/12th kits again by the end of the this month.i will have a full line of replacement parts upon request.i will also be starting on the lowered pods in the next week or so.i just need to finish up a few things in one of my machines before i start.thanks for all the interest guys.im looking forward to another great season of 1/12th scale.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.