Wiki Posts
Search

nitro fuel in eye

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2011, 09:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default nitro fuel in eye

i was starting my car and a bit of fuel came out of the carb. it was a sprits of it. i think some maybe a very very tiny bit got in my left eye. what should i do. i washed out my eye a bit but im not even sure its in my eye. this happened 20 min ago and i feel ok
Old 03-12-2011, 09:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

wash the crap out of it with eye drops and water. if anything feels weard still after 10 min of washing it go to the ER. i would rather man up and go to the doc then loose vision in a eye.
Old 03-12-2011, 09:46 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rider313
wash the crap out of it with eye drops and water. if anything feels weard still after 10 min of washing it go to the ER. i would rather man up and go to the doc then loose vision in a eye.
It feels ok but ill wash it out some more
Old 03-12-2011, 10:18 AM
Tech Regular

I think its alright, Ive gotten exhaust gas and fuel in my eyes and mouth alot and Im fairly okay I think
Old 03-12-2011, 10:31 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Lilja
I think its alright, Ive gotten exhaust gas and fuel in my eyes and mouth alot and Im fairly okay I think
its fine now. it doesnt feel weird anymore
Old 03-12-2011, 11:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

That's good. I have never had nitro fuel in my eye but I had a shot of carb cleaner in there and that was a b***h. Luckly my dad was in te shop with me so he could guide me to the bathroom in the house were his wife was so she could was it out. We did straight water and rotated eye drops for 15 min befor it didn't feel like sand paper. I still have perfect eye sight but I felt stupid cuz safety glasses were on the hanger right in front of my face. If my dad wasn't there idk what I would have done for I couldn't see a thing. Couldnt even open my other eye to see.

So I know your not going to were eye protection at the track or out in the field but if your wrenching on your bench and spraying cemicles please protect your eyes for if you can't see how can you do this great hobby.
Old 03-12-2011, 12:25 PM
Tech Regular

After doing this long enough a little nitro in the eye will fill like a vacation, I have had my thumb bought tore off with a runaway cars fly wheel, exploding batteries, fuel in the eye from something dumb, hit cornering, stabbed myself many times on tight bolts and stubborn plastic parts. You will be fine. just flush, and go back to wrenching. haha

Oh I forgot, cleaned engine out with nitro cleaner and a candle across the room jumped from about 10 feet away lit my hand and all that was in it on fire....second degree burns!!! haha its funny now, no so much then.....the wife thought the man cave stunk and lit candle with out telling man....grrr!! haha
Old 03-12-2011, 12:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by roblupo
After doing this long enough a little nitro in the eye will fill like a vacation, I have had my thumb bought tore off with a runaway cars fly wheel, exploding batteries, fuel in the eye from something dumb, hit cornering, stabbed myself many times on tight bolts and stubborn plastic parts. You will be fine. just flush, and go back to wrenching. haha

Oh I forgot, cleaned engine out with nitro cleaner and a candle across the room jumped from about 10 feet away lit my hand and all that was in it on fire....second degree burns!!! haha its funny now, no so much then.....the wife thought the man cave stunk and lit candle with out telling man....grrr!! haha
THUMB TORN OFF:weir d:
Old 03-12-2011, 12:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Nitro in the eye is bad MMMkay...
Old 03-12-2011, 12:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

One of the reasons I wear my shades when running nitro
Old 03-12-2011, 02:08 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 202 (96%+)

flush with water well, it will be fine. just dont drink it!
Old 03-12-2011, 02:13 PM
Tech Adept

I have a habit of putting my fuel bottle stopper between my teeth when refueling.Once in a while I will make the mistake of touching it with my tongue.Nitro friggin burns!!! LOL Man was I surprised the first time it happened.
Old 03-12-2011, 02:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TraxxasPeter
i was starting my car and a bit of fuel came out of the carb. what should i do.
Put the air filter on it for starters. Never had fuel in the eye but I will concur that carb or brake cleaner in the eye smarts a little! Flush it like crazy and hope for the best.
Old 03-12-2011, 02:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TraxxasPeter
i was starting my car and a bit of fuel came out of the carb. it was a sprits of it. i think some maybe a very very tiny bit got in my left eye. what should i do. i washed out my eye a bit but im not even sure its in my eye. this happened 20 min ago and i feel ok

I wouldn't try to repair it, I would just replace it. Look on flea bay. You might end up like this guy

Old 03-12-2011, 06:06 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I agree you should be ok I wear contacts and made the mistake of having my glow plug out and pushing my car down on my bumpbox while leaning over it and got a ton of fuel sprayed in my eyes, flushed them with some water and nothing happened, Although last year when I was racing stood next to a guy who was fishing with his controller and caught me in the eye with his antenna which was twenty times worse than the fuel. LOL!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.