Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Brahma Racing Products

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2004, 08:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

...yea that's it ...I got her response already, missing motor will be shipped out tomorrow. Now on to another subject, I popped the new motors on my dyno along with my existing motors, ran them all at 6.75 volts (what I normally run them at) ...and from what I can see the Visions aren't much better than what I'm running now, the Demons look to have better bottom end than what I'm running now about the same top end ...is that what you guys see here? ...given that how would you gear these as compared to my existing motors ...D1 & D2 are the Demons B1-B4 are my existing monstor based Birdmans, V1 & V2 are the visions.

...the 19T isn't any better than my "home built" 19T's (although my homebuilt 19T's aren't all that bad anyhow) ...except R-7 which has a pretty burnt com and looks like short in it (look at the 22 amp pull) B19 is the Brahma 19T, the "R's" are my homebuilt Reedys

Old 12-14-2004, 09:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Im sorry, but is it your mission to just try to trash us? This is getting out of hand, and is un called for. It wasnt too long ago you were praising our motors, then your buddies leave the team and now our stuff is total crap. Totally uncalled for.... Yeah we made a mistake and didnt ship a motor, last I checked we are all human and not perfect. And we are in the process of making it right.... that is all we can do. Don't judge the motors before you put them in the car.

Last edited by lawtonlosi; 12-14-2004 at 09:48 PM.
Old 12-14-2004, 10:04 PM
Tech Champion

Harsh- Just email me later and let's leave the thread be. We'll tune a tweak at the track. Set D2 aside for the big race and I'll tell you why later.
Old 12-14-2004, 10:20 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by lawtonlosi
Im sorry, but is it your mission to just try to trash us? This is getting out of hand, and is un called for. It wasnt too long ago you were praising our motors, then your buddies leave the team and now our stuff is total crap. Totally uncalled for.... Yeah we made a mistake and didnt ship a motor, last I checked we are all human and not perfect. And we are in the process of making it right.... that is all we can do. Don't judge the motors before you put them in the car.
WHOAAAAAH THERE COWBOY! Why are you so defensive? I don't see HarshGuy trashing anyone, he's not saying the motors are slow, he is PROVING (with dyno data in fact) that they are NOTHING SPECIAL.

This just goes to show how much of a factor the driver plays in the motors performance on the track.

For the last few months, some of the fastest drivers at our local track have been winning with those motors and doing a great job promoting the product.

Its too bad things didn't work out because the competition has been fierce lately and like expected, drivers were looking to see what the fast guys were running in hopes of matching their performance.

HarshGuy was not the only one in this area that was looking to purchase their next batch of motors from this company, unfortunately - he might be one of the last.
Old 12-14-2004, 10:37 PM
Tech Elite

Well to me, its going out of your way when you scan a dyno sheet and post it like that. If he put them in the car and ran them and he thought they were crap that was one thing. I am sorry things didnt work out for the drivers too. They seemed like good guys and were a great addition to the team. I am sure they will be successful for whom ever they run for. I usually dont post much, but I felt something needed to be said. So I did. If you are interested in our products your business would be appreciated, if now your not, I apologize and wish you the best.
Old 12-14-2004, 11:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Harsh can get out of control sometimes. He's is a "SPECIAL" person. Like helmet druling type special. Clint and I will do everything we can for you to get those motors running. The ones we have now we had to do a little work on them but you know the result. The dyno numbers really can be misleading sometimes.
I am sorry things didnt work out with brahma hope the best for the rest of the brahma team.
Old 12-15-2004, 01:16 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default team brahma

Who did the work? reach around
Old 12-15-2004, 05:43 AM
Tech Elite

Dude, I'm not trashing your motors ...I understand mistakes and yea you're correcting the shipping mistake, I stated that on my post. Now on my post I said:

"...is that what you guys see here?"

and

...given that how would you gear these as compared to my existing motors

I'm not a motor builder and I don't understand what all the Dyno sheet means half the time, that's what I rely on my freindly neighboorhood seasoned drivers, and motor builders for.

So it wasn't my intention to trash anyone or anything I'm just looking for advice on how to best utilize my new motors.

And about the drool --- it's all better now with the new medication, you should try some Bigdog.
Old 12-15-2004, 07:35 AM
Tech Elite

I've thought about this all morning, but this has real got out of hand. First off I won't discuss team matters with anyone. All I will say is there are two sides to every story, and I wanted everyone to stay, but it didn't work out that way. I wish them the best.

Harsh, first we have no control over what the shipping companies do. Fedex was late getting everything out this week. The motor being left out was our bad, and we will take care of it. Now on the dyno sheets, first off there are a few factors you have to consider. First your trying to compare a brand new motor with fresh bushing, big comm, and new magnets against a motor with broke in bushings, smaller comm and used magnets. Your going to have more RPM from the older motors. Give them a chance to break in. Just oil and take care of them.
Old 12-15-2004, 07:36 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by RobertV
HarshGuy was not the only one in this area that was looking to purchase their next batch of motors from this company, unfortunately - he might be one of the last.
Considering the request for sponsorship I've had from that area in the last week, I wouldn't say that was the case.
Old 12-15-2004, 07:36 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: team brahma

Originally posted by AARON YOUNG
Who did the work? reach around
Know a little something about that buddy?
Old 12-15-2004, 08:54 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by DavidAlford
First your trying to compare a brand new motor with fresh bushing, big comm, and new magnets against a motor with broke in bushings, smaller comm and used magnets. Your going to have more RPM from the older motors. Give them a chance to break in. Just oil and take care of them.
agreed, and actually RPM is not the only factor in reading a dyno printout (at least as far as I understand), Wattage is a more important number to look at, lower rpm higher torque is what (again my understanding) I want in a touring car motor, lower rpm higher torque = bigger pinion, higher rpm lower torque = smaller pinion. There is also the "power curve" of motors on a dyno pull i.e. the better the numbers in the lower end the better the motor in a short or technical track, the better the numbers in the higher end the better in a long or fast track i.e. if you have smoking numbers at the top end that's great on a track you can have full throttle for a lot of the layout otherwise your not using the motor to it's fullest potential. ...anyhow I'll leave it be and figure out how to gear these motors and such on my own.
Old 12-15-2004, 09:00 AM
Tech Elite

You also have to look at how fast the motor spools up. All kinds of different factors. Thats why people say we don't race dynos. On gearing I'd need to know more details. Whats the track like? What kinda car? Hows the layout? Rubber tires or foams?
Old 12-15-2004, 09:06 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by DavidAlford
You also have to look at how fast the motor spools up. All kinds of different factors. Thats why people say we don't race dynos. On gearing I'd need to know more details. Whats the track like? What kinda car? Hows the layout? Rubber tires or foams?
Yep ...I've actually been always wanting a robitronics dyno (but used ones are few and far between ). as it can generate the chart with the spool up time, all the CE's give me is the snapshot "at those parameters" (weather you pick amps or volts) not how fast can this motor get to that point. I use my dyno pulls to rate MY OWN motors against themselves, same way I use output from cycling my packs i.e. to rate my own packs against themeselves then determine which of my packs have better voltage, less IR, more runtime to use in which class, etc...
Old 12-15-2004, 09:15 AM
Tech Elite

Oh ....losi XXXS, rubber tires, carpet large high speed track ...I'm currently gearing those birdmans at 6.86 they do great in the infield but I get eaten by mid to end of the straight by the motor guys. I'm also running a KO VFS-1 with a modified high speed profile (as downlaoded from their site), lower frequency at the top end to try and get more umph at the end of the straight.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.