Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AKA Tires

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2011, 11:08 PM
Tech Regular

Default AKA Tires

If any of the AKA team is listening.... Are there any plans to bring the IMPACT tire or red foams to truggys?
Old 03-06-2011, 11:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Agreed. There needs to be some updates in the truggy tire world.
Old 03-06-2011, 11:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

While down at the Nitro Challenge I asked about that,

Well not that tread pattern, I was thinking of the Enduro's for truggy. Anyway, Mark P. said they are still working on it. Asked about the foams and he said he had some ideas of how to make the foams better for truggy, but didn't give any details other than it is something that they are working on.
Old 03-06-2011, 11:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Yep

Originally Posted by rider313
Agreed. There needs to be some updates in the truggy tire world.
I agree and I don't even have a truggy.
Old 03-07-2011, 03:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Truggy is dying a slow death around most of the country and it's non exsistent overseas. It's why you don't see much development in them at all these days. The ONLY new truggy coming along is the Serpent at this point. Kyosho has abondoned the ST-RR and I bet they are waiting to see how big Short Course gets before they consider making an MP-9 based kit.

Sorry but Short Course and the revival of 2whl and 4whl electric racing have all but erased truggy from the map.

All 3 of the big tire companies are focused on SC and 1/10th electric tires for now.
Old 03-07-2011, 10:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rdeppen
Truggy is dying a slow death around most of the country and it's non exsistent overseas. It's why you don't see much development in them at all these days. The ONLY new truggy coming along is the Serpent at this point. Kyosho has abondoned the ST-RR and I bet they are waiting to see how big Short Course gets before they consider making an MP-9 based kit.

Sorry but Short Course and the revival of 2whl and 4whl electric racing have all but erased truggy from the map.

All 3 of the big tire companies are focused on SC and 1/10th electric tires for now.
And that is crazy to hear after all the hype of the truggy race at Nitro Challenge
Old 03-07-2011, 10:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

I don't think truggy's are going anywhere. You say they are fading away. So why is it that they are havin truggy worlds this year? Truck tires have never been close to 1/8 buggy for treads. Think way back to befor truggy's. In the my class there was still only three treads per manufacture. Compared to buggies which had almost double that. If one company made the same tread for truggy as buggy garrentie they would dominate the truggy market.
Old 03-07-2011, 10:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

I wouldn't say truggies are dying off as much as tire manufacturers are reacting to the market demands of the 1/10 movement.

I agree some new treads and foam tech would help.
Old 03-07-2011, 10:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

That's an absurd statement. Truggy is biggest class here. What a joke some are.
Old 03-07-2011, 12:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Truggy is alive and well here..
Old 03-07-2011, 01:25 PM
Tech Prophet

I don't think truggy's are going anywhere. You say they are fading away. So why is it that they are havin truggy worlds this year? Truck tires have never been close to 1/8 buggy for treads. Think way back to befor truggy's. In the my class there was still only three treads per manufacture. Compared to buggies which had almost double that. If one company made the same tread for truggy as buggy garrentie they would dominate the truggy market.

i agree here in the northeast they been going strong at mostly every track for a while.

now i know where they are dying and thats in cali but thats understable.

truggys dont get no respect no respect il tell you lol.
there the step child of 1/8 lol.

but yes there needs to be some new treads out for truggys .
Old 03-07-2011, 01:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rdeppen

Old 03-07-2011, 01:59 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by portyansky
Old 03-07-2011, 09:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Not sure what's up with the Truggy calss either,

In my area it's going strong as well. I do know many of the top guys don't usually run their Truggies as much as their Buggies. Don't know why and never asked.

The general impression I got while down at the Nitro Challenge was that the Truggies and related items (tires) have been put on the back burner for some reason. Weak Truggy market maybe. Seemed that the focus was being put else where or on that Mfg.'s buggy. Serpent has their truggy about out and Agama is said to have one in the works. That makes those two the exception to what seems to be happening.

Even had one person go as far as to say that they thought the Truggy class should just die and have only a SC8 type class. It was very clear that that person was a huge SC supporter so I took it with a grain of salt. That coming from a person who has been around and both raced and worked in the industry and is respected. Kind of raised the blood pressure some as I love the truggy class. That prompted me to start asking around, my first paragraph was the resulting impression I got.
Old 03-07-2011, 09:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Can you please post the truggy worlds track and date????? or better yet the IFMAR 1/8 truggy rule book.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.