Wiki Posts
Search

D8T gearing...

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2011, 07:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default D8T gearing...

Ive got a D8T and was rebuilding my diffs today. I have a spare Hara D8 diff I keep incase something happens at the track and I need something to keep me going. Well today while rebuilding my diff I happen to notice my stock spur gear that came my truggy is the same size as the Hara D8...a 48T. I matched the D8 and D8T gears up and they are the same size and just to be sure I counted the teeth...both 48. Odd! In my D8T owners manual it states the truggy uses a 50T center spur gear yet my truck came with a 48. And yes I built the truck brand new so this was the gear that came with it in the box from HPI. Anyone else have a 48T come stock with their kit? Anyone know if this is a production change or if HPI made an error when packaging the parts for my truggy?
Old 03-05-2011, 07:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

I havent never counted the teeth on my stock one to see but i will tommorrow to make sure i amd running the buggy 48 on mine but still got me wondering aout the stock spure.
Old 03-05-2011, 07:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

your running a buggy 48T on yours? With what clutch gear 13T? or did you run a 12? Let me know what you find out with your stock gear. Im curious. debating to track down a 50T or just run with the 48 as it is with a 13T or run the 48T and get a 12T clutch bell
Old 03-05-2011, 08:20 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

a 48 will not work with the stock clutchbell for the truggy unless you got the wrong spur gear and clutchbell which i just doo not see happening.
Old 03-05-2011, 08:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Im running a 12 tooth with it and on bigger tracks i will go to a 14tooth.
Old 03-05-2011, 09:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by brandundecided
a 48 will not work with the stock clutchbell for the truggy unless you got the wrong spur gear and clutchbell which i just doo not see happening.
Not sure where your getting your info from with that. I have been running a 48T with 13T clutch bell and it works just fine. I am using the stock 13T clutch bell that came in my kit when I bought it new and the spur gear that came in the box is a 48T. I didnt notice it until I rebuilt my diff today. I have ran a gallon and a half on this gearing and have even won races with this set up.