Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
whats the deal with losi ? >

whats the deal with losi ?

whats the deal with losi ?

Old 02-27-2011, 10:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Trevor Williams
sir, you may want to step away from the pc for a while....did I quote you sir? Negative.....Were you the author of this thread? Negative......take a chill pill, your making it out to be way more dramatized than it actually is, kinda funny
OK MR.WILLIAMS.
Old 02-27-2011, 10:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Wow, it's getting really heated... All over TC who is a troll.

Last edited by pyromania; 02-27-2011 at 10:52 AM.
Old 02-27-2011, 10:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Nitro, you need to get out of here. nether one of those guys were talking to you. I think you owe both of them an apology.

TC5, you need to stop worrying where the big pros are finishing. I see a lot of people basing their buying decisions off what chassis, engine, servos, tires are winning with the big pros.

What you don't understand is that they work for these companies, race what their respected sponsors gives them, and win. But I assure you there is not that big of a difference between these manufacturers.

Winning is all about the driver, and 9 times out of 10 they could win the event with any manufacturer.
Old 02-27-2011, 10:46 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by tc5 man
whats the deal with losi not winning in 1/8 now

in the pros ?

i mean i know its the driver and they have good ones .
i was thinking the same thing as far as big races.....but then i realized locally that losi was the dominant vehicle on the podium......i think drake and them spoiled us by whipping everyone all the time
Old 02-27-2011, 11:13 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by boomgagem
Nitro, you need to get out of here. nether one of those guys were talking to you. I think you owe both of them an apology.

TC5, you need to stop worrying where the big pros are finishing. I see a lot of people basing their buying decisions off what chassis, engine, servos, tires are winning with the big pros.

What you don't understand is that they work for these companies, race what their respected sponsors gives them, and win. But I assure you there is not that big of a difference between these manufacturers.

Winning is all about the driver, and 9 times out of 10 they could win the event with any manufacturer.

i dont base on buying something because of a pro im not that guible
im just looking at the recent and pass results.
Old 02-27-2011, 11:15 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by MFigueroa
In the pro class I'm sure it takes alotta luck to win the big ones especially with all the big names in that class. Between set ups, driver n most of all mistakes make a big difference in winning races. Hara coulda won the worlds again hadn't he bobbled but Cody King ran flawless those las 2 laps. N if you've been followin the Nitro Challenge Mayfield coulda won truggy with that amazing pass he made on Tebo but 1 bump against Tebo cost him. So in the pro class I think you almost have to have everything go right for you in order to win. Every company out there is puttin out great vehicles jus a matter of what your preference is.
That was a great pass
Old 02-27-2011, 11:16 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by pyromania
Wow, it's getting really heated... All over TC who is a troll.

a troll ok really
Old 02-27-2011, 11:18 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by tc5 man
i dont base on buying something because of a pro im not that guible
im just looking at the recent and pass results.
Well I'm just looking at the title of the thread. "What's the deal with Losi" like losi is losing or something, and its really not that. The other drivers are just doing better at this moment. Check the results of the PNB when they're over and see where he finishes.

P.S. Just don't look where I finish, LOL
Old 02-27-2011, 11:21 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by boomgagem
Well I'm just looking at the title of the thread. "What's the deal with Losi" like losi is losing or something, and its really not that. The other drivers are just doing better at this moment. Check the results of the PNB when they're over and see where he finishes.

P.S. Just don't look where I finish, LOL

well we been spoiled with losi winning most of time before
Old 02-27-2011, 11:23 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by nv529
X2 losi may not be winning every big race under the sun, but in my area it is still the #1 selling car on the market, and at the end of the day it's the only thing that matter to the manufacturers. Race on Sunday, sell on Monday...

i been seeing people slowing getting diffrent brands of 1/8 buggy truggy and no its not because of the pro drivers.

including me.
Old 02-27-2011, 11:30 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by NitroXray80809
I won't stand back like others over a comment. I dont care. When false stuff is stated at me that i never said i will comment it. Pyromania, im sorry I thought you ment my post because it actually stated names etc. But Trevor was way off and seems like the post shouldn't have been brought that far. Just put dont bash times and driver. OK which i still didn't do but he can think what he wants. I honestly can see Adam or Thrue read this and they both will agree they are "oldschool". I never once said they are slow, there times suck, or vehicles they drive are junk because I would be wrong. I said they finish top but they are oldschool. The new kids are fast, look at worlds for example. Who thought a 14-15 year old kid would finish 4th? NO ONE!
Good point,you cant stay on top forever.There is a lot of new faces in rc.If you look at the a main truggy the highest placing losi driver was Matt Castellano in 4th.Besides,you can win with any platform out there you just need tallent to do it.Very fine line between winning and losing at that pro level of racing.
Old 02-27-2011, 11:30 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Hey 'Sugar'......

They weren't talking to you......

I maintain as always....you have serious issues.
Old 02-27-2011, 11:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

nothing's up with losi still top contenders at the races and because of the way the world is no company wins everything. Losi is still very much a great car to have. Aside from that what does the pro's winning or losing have to do with you if you're not running with them? Not trying to be an a hole but running a chassis should be based on your success not a pro driver's
Old 02-27-2011, 11:52 AM
Tech Apprentice

Some of you guys on here are a wee bit sensitive about your heros (Cars & Drivers). You can't expect Drake & Truhe to stay on top and win everything year after year. Drakes huge experience is part of the reason the Losi Truggy is the best on the market, for ME.

I have just moved from Xray XT8'09 to Losi 2.0T and I find the Losi the best I have driven. BUT the guy that brought my Xray moved from Kyosho and gained 2 seconds a lap! I have driven Mugens and found them to be very very good, but the Losi is better in my hands, especially after setup changes to suit my driving style. So if Adam doesn't win, I'm still just as happy with my new Truggy and wish him luck next time.

If you look at the resent form of Maifield and Tebo, well I wouldn't want to race against them if they were driving an old savage. they'd probably still kick my Butt. They are younger and on top of there game.

So don't get bent and twisted about it, just enjoy driving an awesome truggy that the Drake helped design for you
Old 02-27-2011, 11:58 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by cordarrow
Hey 'Sugar'......

They weren't talking to you......

I maintain as always....you have serious issues.
This was pretty damn funny.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.