Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
truggy bodies.. JC or proline >

truggy bodies.. JC or proline

truggy bodies.. JC or proline

Old 02-23-2011, 09:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)
Default truggy bodies.. JC or proline

So here's the deal ..I've been running a proline bulldog on my truck. I have just at 2 gallons of racing on it..I think 4 race days and two practice days. And its trashed. Two huge cracks on the hood..and where the bed meets the cab. Now I do crash a good bit lol. But I never had one go to crap so fast. I had like 6 gallons on my old style FT stock body. So im wondering am I just that much harder this time around or is it just the bulldog nature, or might I be better off with a JC body?
Old 02-23-2011, 09:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BigAlz
So here's the deal ..I've been running a proline bulldog on my truck. I have just at 2 gallons of racing on it..I think 4 race days and two practice days. And its trashed. Two huge cracks on the hood..and where the bed meets the cab. Now I do crash a good bit lol. But I never had one go to crap so fast. I had like 6 gallons on my old style FT stock body. So im wondering am I just that much harder this time around or is it just the bulldog nature, or might I be better off with a JC body?
When i ran the RC8t i used the JC body and it lasted noi longer than your PL bull dog did. It cracked in the same spots you discribed. I never got to try the PL body for i switched brands. I must say losi's 8T 2.0 shell is much stronger then the JC or PL. I think those two brands need to step up there game, because they dont even last as long as the stock ones.
Old 02-23-2011, 10:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

I ran the AE bulldog body on my ST-RR for an 8 race points series last year and it didnt have any cracks at the end.It actually still looked pretty good when I sold it.I dont know how many gallons were on it but I do know it was crashed hard several times.I think all of them will crack with the right impact.
Old 02-23-2011, 10:15 AM
Tech Elite

Well I understand they all can crack with the right crash. But this is just much faster than before ... wonder if the losi body fits lol. Its actually a really good looking body. I went with the PL cause I don't care for the JC looks much
Old 02-23-2011, 11:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

I run a mugen mbx6t and have the Pro-line Bull Dog body and same thing happend to me, I dont crash very hard, yet after about 3-5 races the body was just TRASH..The whole front end was cracked to hell and everywhere near the cooling head was the same way...I really dont care much for the Punisher body but if I could get more life out of it then im willing to give it a try! I also thought since ill be running full wraps this year if that would help with the bull dog body to add some strength, i also thought about trying to adapt a stock losi 2.0 body to fit as those are very very durable!
Old 02-23-2011, 11:57 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by trickedout
I run a mugen mbx6t and have the Pro-line Bull Dog body and same thing happend to me, I dont crash very hard, yet after about 3-5 races the body was just TRASH..The whole front end was cracked to hell and everywhere near the cooling head was the same way...I really dont care much for the Punisher body but if I could get more life out of it then im willing to give it a try! I also thought since ill be running full wraps this year if that would help with the bull dog body to add some strength, i also thought about trying to adapt a stock losi 2.0 body to fit as those are very very durable!
Exact same boat as me. I think the losi is the best looking from the 3 .
Old 02-23-2011, 12:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Exact same boat as me. I think the losi is the best looking from the 3 .
I agreed. I kinda like the font end on the PL buldog more but the back half for there 8ight T 2.0 is crappy. I think the Losi body is to narrow for the RC8T. The Losi 2.0 body measures 7 inches wide in the middle if that helps ya.
Old 02-23-2011, 12:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Try shoe-goo to reinforce it.. Also dremmel all squared edges as they tend to cause cracks
Old 02-23-2011, 12:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Ive had both and feel like the Proline held up a little better then the JConcepts but the difference was slight. Im guess the cold weather may have been the cause for it going south so quickly.
Old 02-23-2011, 12:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

i dont know if i have ever cracked a 8th scale body ever... my revo on the other hand yes.

I have had bulldogs on my mbx6t and they would dent and what not but they would not crack.

keep in mind i run brushless and dont have a ton of holes in my body... just a few 1/2" ones here and there for cooling. i put silicone where the body hits the front shock tower. and a band olong where the mud guards rub (more so the paint does not get rubbed off)
Old 02-23-2011, 12:50 PM
Tech Elite

Might have to shoe goo the hood on the next one. Im just planning on having someone paint the next one , so id like a little more life out of it. Maybe I just crash to much. Lol. Cause I got two sets of JC wheels cracked to $hit too..
Old 02-23-2011, 01:26 PM
Tech Addict

Cause I got two sets of JC wheels cracked to $hit too..

yeah they cant take a big hit like a set of AKA's
Old 02-23-2011, 02:00 PM
Tech Elite

They can't take a small hit lol. 1st two broke in a qualifier that I lost clutch bearings on the 7th lap. Don't even recall crashing..
Old 02-23-2011, 03:25 PM
Tech Addict

They can't take a small hit lol. 1st two broke in a qualifier that I lost clutch bearings on the 7th lap. Don't even recall crashing..

how cold is it where you are racing? i have had them crack, but never had a spoke jump out.

oh i used the wrong paint once on a body... made it crack like crazy
Old 02-23-2011, 09:59 PM
Tech Elite

I live in Louisiana. It wasent cold at all.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.