Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
durango dnx408 vs hot bodies cr8 >

durango dnx408 vs hot bodies cr8

durango dnx408 vs hot bodies cr8

Old 02-21-2011, 11:18 AM
JQ
Tech Master

So was Jesse running a plastic chassis thing, as in the pics? Any pics of Jesse's car from the race?
Old 02-21-2011, 11:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

savoya impressed me! I mean beens that he has not been in the states very long he is coming into his own. I think when he gets things right with durango "meaning it still needs testing" He will be fast as all get out. But for robbers to finish 5th with a new car first time out is still nice to see. But like JQ did anyone acutally capture pics of him running the CR8
Old 02-21-2011, 11:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bear_

excellent performance from jesse driving the new cr8

well done jesse.

dnx408 is off pace by 2 laps.

i wonder what excuses fan boys of durango will give now
I watched this race just last night!! It was insane to see mayfield in the zone,, he just was like a machine lap after lap the same line.. He was "Killin It" in buggy and truggy to say the least.
Jesse did well and both cars looked good.. but he honestly looked better in truggy..

as far as The 408.. I watched Lutz flame out or pull off track 3 times, and i could have missed some.. savoya I cant say, but the track was fairly technical and very blown out by the buggy main..

in the end it was a great race for anyone who made the A at that level..

I wasnt impressed with any car over any other.. but if I picked any two on that race,, the ae just looked dialed. as did Easton with the Serpent,, who was on pace.. but had some bad luck with lapped traffic.. and just wasnt on like mayfield was..
Its all driver in the end, and its any given sunday as well!!!
Old 02-21-2011, 11:39 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JQ
So was Jesse running a plastic chassis thing, as in the pics? Any pics of Jesse's car from the race?
it was there.. but I cant confirm it was in the main. as I was in the stands by then
Old 02-21-2011, 11:43 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by DJG24
Jesse Flamed in the race also. Believe me Jesse was way more consistent and fast all weekend than the Durango boys. Savoya had to bump up from the C main.

Lutz just plain pushed too hard and his car was on edge. It looked to catch every bump out there (and there were a lot!!) Savoya got the rough track handling down for main day and his car looked very good on Sunday. His only problem seemed to be that he could not grab the throttle out of the corners like the others. He was missing rear traction for sure. I was impressed how well he got it around the track with an obvious traction disadvantage.

Jesse would have been in the mix (in fact he was part of the 4 car breakaway at the beginning until he flamed)

I would agree on lutz's car.. its kinda his personal style that messed his times up.. as he likes to drift and gas corners and the craters in this track just didnt make it possible to do so..
you had to pick lines around the potholes to be fast!! they were truggy sized or better!!
Old 02-21-2011, 12:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JQ
I was tempted to ask for a picture, but he had it down by his feet. He did reply to all my questions I asked him about the buggy.
Old 02-21-2011, 12:39 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

ot looks likr a plastic losi to me
Old 02-21-2011, 01:41 PM
Tech Regular

I do have to say grats to maifield. Hes been my favorite pro driver ever since I started racing again, was also the reason why I got myself an RC8 when I came back to racing.
Its awesome seeing him in the zone and its scary how fluent hes driving and how perfect he lands every single jump. Simply amazing.

Concerning the cr8 I guess you cant argue with results. Its a fast car, not my cup of tea though but Im sure itll live up to the expectations.
Old 02-21-2011, 07:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I had to turnmarshall the pro main and I did see the front mud guards on his buggy so I assume that he did in fact run that buggy. The track was very rough and brutal, I took my Durango buggy to the Intermediate A-Main with no prior race time on it, built it the Sunday before Motorama. I was very happy with the performance of the Durango buggy. Jesse looked pretty comfortable with his new buggy so it should be interesting to see how he does.
Old 02-21-2011, 11:49 PM
Tech Adept

3 cheap ass Alpha motors in the A main also

The worlds going mad

Doesn't make me feel any better about my driving though, I run the RC8B with an Alpha motor and have never made an A main yet

It's all down to set up and driver ability at this level guys. I doubt the HB or Durango is better than anything else, but the drivers, mmmmm that's a different matter.

No JQ in the A main, but the guys who have bought them seem to like them. No Agama, and having built one for a friend, I am impressed with the way it builds and the design features.

You pays ya money, you takes ya chance. No one brand of car is gonna make you a superstar driver, but a superstar driver can make one brand of car!!
Old 02-22-2011, 03:11 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

QUOTE Flipfly No one brand of car is gonna make you a superstar driver, but a superstar driver can make one brand of car!!

best post ever. Goin in my sig!!!!
Old 02-22-2011, 07:36 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Flipfly
You pays ya money, you takes ya chance. No one brand of car is gonna make you a superstar driver, but a superstar driver can make one brand of car!!
Were you thinking about Hara?
Old 02-22-2011, 07:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

yea a lil weird, No Durango's, NO JQ'a, No Agama's in the main? hmmm interesting...just realized that
Old 02-22-2011, 08:42 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kaptain crash
I was tempted to ask for a picture, but he had it down by his feet. He did reply to all my questions I asked him about the buggy.
Lol!I actualy asked him if i can take a pic and when a i asked him he turned to the designer enginer (i don't know his name) if i can take it ,but he said it's too early!
Old 02-22-2011, 08:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JQ
yes JQ Jesse was running the composite chassis.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.