durango dnx408 vs hot bodies cr8

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

durango dnx408 vs hot bodies cr8

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2011, 04:43 AM
Tech Adept

Wow, that looks like one pig of a buggy.

It looks like it fell out of the uggly tree and hit every branch on the way down...

I'll stick with my 408 thanks.
Old 02-18-2011, 05:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Wow, another this vs. that thread.

Some of you guys really need to grow up.
Old 02-18-2011, 06:29 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Man, it's always a rough crowd when the Durango is involved. I think it has to do with a single title post put up months ago. Anyway, I think that this is an interesting design, and knowing Jesse, he will drive it very well. I kind of like the idea that the mud guard is now an integral part of the chassis. Definitely some unique ideas. I'm happy to see some fresh ideas coming out.

That said, I will also keep my Durango. Not because it's 700 dollars and everything else is garbage (I actually looked at a second Losi when I was ready to buy, but it was 650 and the Durango was 700 I figured 50 bucks was worth trying something new... that magical 50 bucks draws the Durango a lot of heat). I'm going to keep my Durango, because, like most buggies currently available, with some time and patience it'll be fast around the track, just like this buggy.

I got a lot of flak last year when people would qualify higher than me at the track with their modified Slashes and I had my Ultima SC-R. Were the Slashes less expensive, yeah, probably... but I liked my SC-R. I loved it's buttery smooth handling and how forgiving it was to me on track. With it I got faster and faster week after week as I drove it better.

I say, but whichever buggy you like (be it 400 or 700) and come out and have fun. I think as racers we spend too much time trying to legitimize a choice and showing that whatever I bought was money better spent than the next guy, but at the end of it, Cody King won the Worlds, but didn't win his next big race with the same buggy. At the end of the day, 99% of buggies available are more than capable of taking home a trophy, it's the guy behind the wheel, pushing that chassis along, that results in wins.
Old 02-18-2011, 06:46 AM
Tech Regular

And luck!!!!
Old 02-18-2011, 06:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AMorgan
Man, it's always a rough crowd when the Durango is involved. I think it has to do with a single title post put up months ago. Anyway, I think that this is an interesting design, and knowing Jesse, he will drive it very well. I kind of like the idea that the mud guard is now an integral part of the chassis. Definitely some unique ideas. I'm happy to see some fresh ideas coming out.

That said, I will also keep my Durango. Not because it's 700 dollars and everything else is garbage (I actually looked at a second Losi when I was ready to buy, but it was 650 and the Durango was 700 I figured 50 bucks was worth trying something new... that magical 50 bucks draws the Durango a lot of heat). I'm going to keep my Durango, because, like most buggies currently available, with some time and patience it'll be fast around the track, just like this buggy.

I got a lot of flak last year when people would qualify higher than me at the track with their modified Slashes and I had my Ultima SC-R. Were the Slashes less expensive, yeah, probably... but I liked my SC-R. I loved it's buttery smooth handling and how forgiving it was to me on track. With it I got faster and faster week after week as I drove it better.

I say, but whichever buggy you like (be it 400 or 700) and come out and have fun. I think as racers we spend too much time trying to legitimize a choice and showing that whatever I bought was money better spent than the next guy, but at the end of it, Cody King won the Worlds, but didn't win his next big race with the same buggy. At the end of the day, 99% of buggies available are more than capable of taking home a trophy, it's the guy behind the wheel, pushing that chassis along, that results in wins.
whoa, whoa , whoa, whoa....

you keep that common sense and logical stuff to yourself.

(great post)
Old 02-18-2011, 07:02 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by R/C Lidz
whoa, whoa , whoa, whoa....

you keep that common sense and logical stuff to yourself.

(great post)
Hahahahaha. Ya no sensible crap around here it will ruffle feathers.
Old 02-18-2011, 07:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Old 02-18-2011, 08:20 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I actually looked at a second Losi when I was ready to buy, but it was 650 and the Durango was 700 I figured 50 bucks was worth trying something new... that magical 50 bucks draws the Durango a lot of heat
650 is MAP pricing... add it to the cart in Amain and its 499$, thats 40% more and thats alot IMO. Plus the losi comes with wheels and tires.. so add another 40-60$ on top of that..

I like the DNX but its not cheap. so its not 50$ more its closer to 250$ with wheels and tires.... So put that in your pipe and smoke it
Old 02-18-2011, 08:25 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by fallguy
650 is MAP pricing... add it to the cart in Amain and its 499$, thats 40% more and thats alot IMO. Plus the losi comes with wheels and tires.. so add another 40-60$ on top of that..

I like the DNX but its not cheap. so its not 50$ more its closer to 250$ with wheels and tires.... So put that in your pipe and smoke it
And then add the parts you need to the Losi engine mount front and rear toe plates servo saver top etc and the price is within the same range. On the tires why kits come with graph tires are beyond me. Kit tires usually only get used for street testing so the point you are trying to make is moot.
Old 02-18-2011, 08:32 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Frank L
And then add the parts you need to the Losi engine mount front and rear toe plates servo saver top etc and the price is within the same range. On the tires why kits come with graph tires are beyond me. Kit tires usually only get used for street testing so the point you are trying to make is moot.

How about a MBX6 then.. its 220$ no tires or wheels
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ires-Body-Wrap
Old 02-18-2011, 08:37 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I fear you missed the point of my post. Can you find a Losi for less than 650, of course you can. You could probably find a Durango for cheaper as well (I bought mine with an A-Main coupon and got 75 off) and you could find a Hot Bodies cheaper and cetera and cetera. If I wanted to make a money argument, I can't. The only thing more expensive than the Durango is the Kyosho as far as I can tell.

I was saying, buy what you like, if you can drive well, you can win with it.
Old 02-18-2011, 09:06 AM
Tech Lord

How about a MBX6 then.. its 220$ no tires or wheels
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ires-Body-Wrap
Man drive what you want that's what i do. I don't let $$ get in the way of my enjoyment running these cars. I like all the high tech in the dnx cars. They are new innovative and not just another losi copy. If Losi is it for you then go for it. Personally I like t when a kit includes rims and no tires that way I can run what I want to and that's 1 less set I have to buy.
Old 02-18-2011, 10:19 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Frank L
Man drive what you want that's what i do. I don't let $$ get in the way of my enjoyment running these cars. I like all the high tech in the dnx cars. They are new innovative and not just another losi copy. If Losi is it for you then go for it. Personally I like t when a kit includes rims and no tires that way I can run what I want to and that's 1 less set I have to buy.
Hey if i was going (and i might) to buy another buggy it would be the DNX.. i love it...

But its not cheap
Old 02-18-2011, 01:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Hey if i was going (and i might) to buy another buggy it would be the DNX.. i love it...

But its not cheap
dude, your motor mounts crooked... you're not allowed to post
Old 02-18-2011, 01:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

price point is a pretty moot point in this hobby...does the $700 price tag make the dnx better than the $300 d8...NOPE.. does the $400+ price tag of a novarossi make it better than a $200 Werks...NOPE....most people buy things based on personal perference or whats hot at their track. not the price... Either way the dnx stands out on its own just like this new buggy. Finally some good NEW ideas not just mock ups of a losi, so whether you like the price or the maker, you should be giving both of them props for offering you all something NEW besides a revaped losi....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.