Search

Nitro to Electric Conversion

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-13-2011, 11:40 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Nitro to Electric Conversion

Hey all.

So I've been mainly dealing with on road electric cars, but a couple summers ago I picked up an Aquacraft Nitro Hammer. After breaking in the motor I used it for a summer, but have been having thoughts of converting it to an electric boat, because quite frankly that's where my preference lies now.

After doing some searches I haven't really come across anything, but did find this video of somebody else's Nitro Hammer converted to electric & sporting a dual outboard motor setup. Because I haven't reached the posting limit that allows me to link videos, I'm unable to link the vid, but it's on Youtube titled "Nitro Hammer Dual outboard Conversion Bench test".

This has peaked my interest & I have messaged the video's owner & just waiting on a response. I was just wondering if any of you all have any experience in a nitro to electric conversion in general, & if so do you have any advice on how to go through with it?

Thanks!
Old 02-16-2011, 08:15 PM
Tech Initiate

I had the electric hammer and I upgraded the heck outta it, but it was still not really up to par. The solid shaft and lack of a strut limit how much power you can put into it. That plastic rudder breaks easily too, no telling how many of those damn things I snapped off. If you are just looking to remove the nitro motor and run it as is, find yourself a used set of electronics out of a supervee or ul1 - that will make the hammer fly.
Old 02-17-2011, 04:27 AM
Tech Elite

Take a look at here:
esc: http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...&ParentCat=182
Old 02-19-2011, 10:47 AM
Tech Rookie

SWEET. Thanks for the input! Certainly gives me a great starting point