Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing > Australian Events
FEMCA 1/8th Off Road Truggy Championship 17-21 Aug 2011 >

FEMCA 1/8th Off Road Truggy Championship 17-21 Aug 2011

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FEMCA 1/8th Off Road Truggy Championship 17-21 Aug 2011

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-26-2011, 02:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by romeo_charlie33
My main point is I hope we are not raising funds to bring international drivers here to compete and that the entry fee (what ever it ends up being) is not being pushed up because the race meet has "FEMCA" in the title.
Um the 'FEMCA' bit is exactly why its more $$... this is not a club day or a state/national title... this is THE NEXT LEVEL... i am at a loss as to why ppl can't see this...

Would you have an issue if the Worlds were here and the entry fee was $350 just for the 'Worlds' in the title? i'd sure hope not!
Old 03-27-2011, 01:41 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mr-s413bt
Um the 'FEMCA' bit is exactly why its more $$... this is not a club day or a state/national title... this is THE NEXT LEVEL... i am at a loss as to why ppl can't see this...

Would you have an issue if the Worlds were here and the entry fee was $350 just for the 'Worlds' in the title? i'd sure hope not!
I wouldn't have a problem if the worlds were held here and the cost for this as you would be garanteed to have international drivers at the event. My point is is the FEMCA affiliate helping to promote and bring the international drivers over and is the event included in their racing callendar or do we have to pay internationals to come race against us.

I will be attending which ever way this discusion ends but you have to admit we have been spoilt with races like VP Pro (set of tires included in price) and the RC Pro event (shirt and screw driver included) and both for under half the cost. So I can see why people are concerned about the price for entry.

I would like to see the meal scapped completely and the choice of purchasing a shirt and/or hat with our entry fee. You would still know how many shirts ect are required to order before the event.
Old 03-27-2011, 02:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I know of some NZ drivers coming, that I talk too, they actually brought it up in conversation, so I assume FEMCA is on their calender and all the other counties affiliated with FEMCA.
Old 03-29-2011, 06:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

My apologises to RC King Hobbies for posting the wrong name under the sponsorship list.

Rc King Hobbies is a Silver sponsor for the 2011 Australian Truggy Femca Championship.

Cheers
Scott
Old 03-31-2011, 04:35 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

You would think by now someone would or could at least explain as to why this is so much more to run than a state title meet

I dont get it at all, The way i see it at this stage is that "FEMCA" is just a dear word

What exactly do i get out of this "next level" race meet that would make me or anyone else want to pay such a price?

Dave
Old 03-31-2011, 09:58 AM
Tech Regular

who cares what it costs the money is going to the host club right,how do you expect clubs to put on these sort of events and prosper as a club if they are making no profit,infact i wouldn't be suprised if the club makes little to no profit, you should be thankful we have places too race

besides i think people should stop having a cry about costs on this thread and keep it positive
Old 03-31-2011, 01:59 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by mp9er
who cares what it costs the money is going to the host club right,how do you expect clubs to put on these sort of events and prosper as a club if they are making no profit,infact i wouldn't be suprised if the club makes little to no profit, you should be thankful we have places too race

besides i think people should stop having a cry about costs on this thread and keep it positive
+1
Old 03-31-2011, 04:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mp9er

Very well said.. +1
Old 03-31-2011, 09:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I know $180 is exstremely expensive.

And some of the Bell & Whistle(shirt/Hats etc) could be carverd out of the price and make it cheaper. Even saying that...

Major Meets COST major dollars.

the Nationals Buggy Titles. We screwed every dollar we could our of every thing we could and it still had horrendously expensive...

a brief and rough run down.

$9000 - entry(120entry)
-$1200 - peter cooper
-$950 - toilet costs
-$1600 - marque/table/chairs
-$1200 - Meal Costs (also remeber this reduced our taking on Saturday at canteen)
-$225 - Roller Hire
-$330 - Radios
-$1500-1800 Trophies

Leaving a whole Approx $1900 left. and this doesnt include day to day running, IE Power/Toilet paper etc etc etc... or the cost of the rebuild !!!!!!!!
Old 03-31-2011, 10:25 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rc skyline
You would think by now someone would or could at least explain as to why this is so much more to run than a state title meet

I dont get it at all, The way i see it at this stage is that "FEMCA" is just a dear word

What exactly do i get out of this "next level" race meet that would make me or anyone else want to pay such a price?

Dave
Hi Dave,

If you think this is dear....try going to the FEMCA Buggy titles!!!!!

You should be bloody gratefull that an event like this is evening being held in Australia these days.

You need to face facts the only reason Australia even got a look in for this event is because it is the first ever Truggy FEMCA title to be held.

Our facilities are non existent compared to Asia, plus they provide free marshalling for all drivers.

I doubt we will see a FEMCA Buggy title here (in Australia) for some time to come.

If the club makes any money out of this event we will be bloodly lucky and they willl deserve every dollar they get.

Furthermore, we will have the same costs the COrty has outlined above as well we also have to allow for a FEMCA offical (Trevor Ried and he lives in NZ) to attend as well.
Old 04-01-2011, 07:04 AM
Tech Addict

Hi Mark

I do not mean to sound ignorant or unappreciative about such a great event. I am simply some one that cannot understand the cost's associated and simply asked a question as to why they are so

I will be there and although i feel its a bit over the top i will pay the fee but i know of others that cant afford to go and that is not at all good for the rc racing scene' Particuly when some one asks why is it what it is and cant get a simple explanation. I take it the event has been well thought thru and there is a break up of costings involved and or the extra costings involved

All I asked is to have an explanation of the cost’s as I really find it sad that some people cannot afford to go and I honestly feel there should be some proper explanation as to why the costs are what they are that’s all

I have no idea how or why that is such a big ask

The last Femca I know of was the Buggy femca at LRRCC which had an entry fee of $130 which is 30% less than this one. Things must have changed somewhere along the line to now be asking for an extra $50 from each competitor for what is effectively the same event, Well as I understand it Buggy is a much bigger thing than Truggy far as rc racing goes

Anyway all good, Looking forward to it

Dave
Old 04-01-2011, 07:34 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Corty
I know $180 is exstremely expensive.

And some of the Bell & Whistle(shirt/Hats etc) could be carverd out of the price and make it cheaper. Even saying that...

Major Meets COST major dollars.

the Nationals Buggy Titles. We screwed every dollar we could our of every thing we could and it still had horrendously expensive...

a brief and rough run down.

$9000 - entry(120entry)
-$1200 - peter cooper
-$950 - toilet costs
-$1600 - marque/table/chairs
-$1200 - Meal Costs (also remeber this reduced our taking on Saturday at canteen)
-$225 - Roller Hire
-$330 - Radios
-$1500-1800 Trophies

Leaving a whole Approx $1900 left. and this doesnt include day to day running, IE Power/Toilet paper etc etc etc... or the cost of the rebuild !!!!!!!!

Corty cool mate i full well understand it costs money to make money.

You however qoute that we made only "approx $1900" from the recent buggy nats. Now i am not at all been a smart ass but did you forget about the money generated by the raffle we had or the canteen and its turnover?

Dave
Old 04-01-2011, 03:31 PM
Tech Master

Dave

A complete breakdown of LRRCC income and expences is not for public knowledge...Corty only mentioned event costs taken out of event entry fee's as an example.

Yes as you mentioned there were other forms of income, but there were also other expences...it was only an example of SOME of the cost taken from entry fees, as that is what is being discussed here...entry fee.

Yes I understand your saying that the fee may be high for some and they can't afford to attend, I am by no means rich (just struggling / getting bye actually) but if I want to attend I'll figure it out somehow, pay fee ASAP, then Flights ASAP to cut down costs then I have 6 months to save for accom, hire car, etc etc.............. I'll make it work somehow.

PS; I love the idea of a shirt and cap to remember the event.

Flanno.
Old 04-01-2011, 05:01 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Flanno
Dave

A complete breakdown of LRRCC income and expences is not for public knowledge...

Flanno.
I for one don't mind paying what it costs as it really is the next biggest event from the worlds...However Flanno mate, I do have do disagree with your statement above, club financials should be completely transparent to it's members, without transparency, comes suspicion, as we have seen at our club in the past.
Old 04-01-2011, 09:05 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Soapy
I for one don't mind paying what it costs as it really is the next biggest event from the worlds...However Flanno mate, I do have do disagree with your statement above, club financials should be completely transparent to it's members, without transparency, comes suspicion, as we have seen at our club in the past.
It IS available to it's members.......... this is not the LRRCC forum, it's RC Tech. ie what I meant when said public.

Last edited by Flanno; 04-01-2011 at 11:39 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.