Wiki Posts
Search

OFNA Jammin X1x Sport

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 10:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Paldude
Thanks for the answers everyone. And another question completely errelevant to this topic, but what do you guys think about the kyosho inferno neo. My lhs has more parts for it and in some other forums it was suggested as a good started buggy.
not a racer IMHO, it doesnt have as good of shocks and stuff as the jammin, IMO your paying for the Kyosho name more than anything...
Old 02-10-2011, 12:44 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by jmaxey51
not a racer IMHO, it doesnt have as good of shocks and stuff as the jammin, IMO your paying for the Kyosho name more than anything...
I believe the shocks are probably the easiest part you can replace. But have you actually ever raced a Kyosho? And by saying you pay for the Kyosho name more than anything I believe you mean that it is not worth the price, right?
Old 02-10-2011, 02:39 PM
Tech Elite

I believe the shocks are probably the easiest part you can replace. But have you actually ever raced a Kyosho? And by saying you pay for the Kyosho name more than anything I believe you mean that it is not worth the price, right?
i have driven kyosho buggies before, and they work pretty well but i just think they are over priced for what it is IMHO ... they are great buggies but just a little to high on price. ... cheapest pair of good shocks that i would run cost 30 bucks! so that would cost you 60 for all shocks.
Old 02-11-2011, 12:22 AM
Tech Apprentice

So overall they are great buggies but overpriced? What about durability? Some say they break on their first run, and some say that they are bulletproof.
Old 02-11-2011, 05:06 AM
Tech Elite

The Kyosho rtr buggies are cheap to buy, but cost you way more when it's time to upgrade.... and trust me you will need to upgrade... The shock towers are flimsy, the shocks are 1/10th scale buggy units, the servos are absolute junk.... not to mention it seems you have to stop half way through each heat to nut and bolt the stupid thing.....

I will say any RTR buggy you buy you should plan on upgrading the shock towers and servos... and if they don"t have universals you will want them as well bogbones just wear out super fast with a big buggy...
Old 02-11-2011, 05:32 AM
Tech Apprentice

My nephew has a jammin x1x rtr that he got as his first 1/8 scale and it has held up great. Even the stock rtr .28 engine has over five gallons of 30% fuel on it(first gallon was 20%) and its still runs strong. He tried all my pipes and the jp3 works best on it.

As a matter of fact the stock servos still worked when he replaced them with savox TG servos around 3 or 4 gallons. The car is easy to drive with a half way decent setup. The car isn't invincible but holds up well.
Old 02-11-2011, 07:23 AM
Tech Elite

So overall they are great buggies but overpriced? What about durability? Some say they break on their first run, and some say that they are bulletproof.
the RTR durability is not good at all, its almost like their RTRs are made somewhere else than they build their kits ... i know someone who bought the RTR and never finished a race and spent hundreds on it and then something else would break and then decided to just buy a kit... the jammin X1x IMO only needs aluminum chassis braces and servos and your good to go, the jammin RTR shock towers are pretty tough but if you want to get the kit ones, they are pretty cheap on eBay.
Old 02-11-2011, 08:45 AM
Tech Apprentice

Then what is the cheapest and worth the price kit you can think of? I might as well start with a kit instead of having to buy all the bad servos and everything and then replace them. The kits that I had available on my lhs was the xb808 which according to the owner, it would cost up to 1000 euros with everything you need to make it run. So I'm looking for something affordable, and that it will end up being a good racer and last long.
Old 02-11-2011, 10:04 AM
Tech Apprentice

Ok, I found (IMO) a good deal in my lhs. I can buy a D8 kit for 350 euros. Is this a good car? Is this price actually realistic? If it is, what are recommended parts for it?
Old 02-11-2011, 10:13 AM
Tech Elite

Ok, I found (IMO) a good deal in my lhs. I can buy a D8 kit for 350 euros. Is this a good car? Is this price actually realistic? If it is, what are recommended parts for it?
good kit, good buggy, easy to drive and easy to setup ... kits are way better than any RTR, it will cost more but then you wont have to upgrade, cheaper in the long run ... another one to look at is an O'donnell, high quality great buggies, they are around $450 US, idk what they would be in euros.
Old 02-12-2011, 11:18 AM
Tech Apprentice

Ok now, I found out that with the parts on my lhs, the kit would cost me up to 800 euros to make it able to run. I know it is annoying to some people, but the price I pay for something is very taken into account, so I probably won't buy the kit. I either have the option to buy a hyper 7 for 280 euros (a lot cheaper than the HB), or order an inferno neo for 350 euros. Which one is reccomendable? Im looking for some feedback, not other things to change my mind, although I have changed my mind alot during this forum.
Old 02-12-2011, 12:24 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jmaxey51
the RTR durability is not good at all, its almost like their RTRs are made somewhere else than they build their kits ... i know someone who bought the RTR and never finished a race and spent hundreds on it and then something else would break and then decided to just buy a kit... the jammin X1x IMO only needs aluminum chassis braces and servos and your good to go, the jammin RTR shock towers are pretty tough but if you want to get the kit ones, they are pretty cheap on eBay.
+1 I bent my chassis on my rtr. I Just made braces out of round aluminum stock.
Old 02-15-2011, 01:54 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by smccolp
+1 I bent my chassis on my rtr. I Just made braces out of round aluminum stock.
Is that a +1 for the kyosho rtrs being bad? or is it a +1 for all rtrs being bad.
Old 02-15-2011, 09:48 AM
Tech Elite

Is that a +1 for the kyosho rtrs being bad? or is it a +1 for all rtrs being bad.
+1 for the aluminum rear chassis brace..
Old 02-15-2011, 03:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

A Main Hobbies now has the Jammin X1x buggy rtr for $300!!!! to me this is a very good deal. I have also been doing lots of research for a performance buggy that is also cheap; I actually made the order for the X1x today and can't wait to get it!!!!!! The x1x and hyper 8.5 are much better than the hyper 7. Replacing servos isn't soo bad, at least you'll have extra servos in your drawer. Replacing servos is cheaper than buying an engine and servos. I would choose the Jammin unless you're looking to spend more, it has super big bore shocks, oil filled diffs, and uses 7075 aluminum.
In all the research i have done on the x1x rtr, I've only heard one complaint about the pullstarter and I've been researching for months.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.