Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Side Piece Racing

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2011, 07:27 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Dave - Thanks for your order. I think you'll really like them.

Gael - I don't take pre-orders on products as I want to make sure quality stays high. There should be more than enough Geish Fans to go around once they arrive.
Old 10-22-2011, 11:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default Nikita

Mine have been through **** and back and are still dialed!
Old 10-22-2011, 11:14 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by haywood
Mine have been through **** and back and are still dialed!
haha - good to hear.
Old 10-22-2011, 06:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hanulec
tony - you're order hit the post office this morning. i hope you like the Mira Outdrives. if you're running 50mm ECS, you'll need to add a 0.5mm or 1mm shim between the spool and each outdrive to ensure there is enough "meat" on the blade.
Thanks Mike. I did pick up the 50mm shafts. Nice tip.
Old 10-22-2011, 06:34 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by stiltskin
Thanks Mike. I did pick up the 50mm shafts. Nice tip.
I run 1.0mm of shims on mine. Larry runs 0.5mm on his --- but if you blast a bunch of walls (like me) or don't have a bunch of spare XRay blades (gotta love they are $1/ea best case) you might wanna go with 1.0mm
Old 10-23-2011, 06:22 AM
Tech Champion

I run 1.0mm of shims on mine. Larry runs 0.5mm on his --- but if you blast a bunch of walls (like me) or don't have a bunch of spare XRay blades (gotta love they are $1/ea best case) you might wanna go with 1.0mm
I'll go with .75mm. I know I hit more stuff than Larry, but I don't think that I've reached your level yet.
Old 10-24-2011, 04:30 PM
Tech Elite

Has anyone else got the problem where the driveshaft blades foul on the inside part of the outdrive?

They just make contact on the inside edge very close to their mounting screw, almost like the inside edge of the blade slot nearest the pulley needs to be chamfered.

Skiddins
Old 10-24-2011, 05:11 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by Skiddins
Has anyone else got the problem where the driveshaft blades foul on the inside part of the outdrive?

They just make contact on the inside edge very close to their mounting screw, almost like the inside edge of the blade slot nearest the pulley needs to be chamfered.

Skiddins
Which car?
Which drive shaft length?
What arm spacing?

Without any info id guess - your running an XRay with 52mm bones. You'll need to make sure your front width is 2.25mm of shimming on each side.
Old 10-24-2011, 05:21 PM
Tech Champion

I got the pieces today Mike. Very nice. now if my xray parts would hurry up, I could finish this thing up. Can't wait to run it this weekend. Thanks for the fast shipping.
Old 10-24-2011, 05:46 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by stiltskin
I got the pieces today Mike. Very nice. now if my xray parts would hurry up, I could finish this thing up. Can't wait to run it this weekend. Thanks for the fast shipping.
I know you've followed the part list so you'll have all the the right stuff:
- ecs
- blades
- left and right chub
- chub collars/bushings

One part that isn't listed, because it is totally optional, is the use of XRay steering blocks (from T2'008/009 or T3/T3'11 -- they are slightly different - and from what I understand the material used on the T3'12 blocks are different yet again). The XRay steering blocks hold up a bit better than the TOP ones. I find that when I run the TOP steering blocks I generally fracture the plastic through the top half of the block by the arm part. On the other hand I cannot remember the last time I broke an XRay steering block -- I replace them at of fear of breaking every time I go to a big race.
Old 10-24-2011, 05:53 PM
Tech Champion

I know you've followed the part list so you'll have all the the right stuff:
- ecs
- blades
- left and right chub
- chub collars/bushings

One part that isn't listed, because it is totally optional, is the use of XRay steering blocks (from T2'008/009 or T3/T3'11 -- they are slightly different - and from what I understand the material used on the T3'12 blocks are different yet again). The XRay steering blocks hold up a bit better than the TOP ones. I find that when I run the TOP steering blocks I generally fracture the plastic through the top half of the block by the arm part. On the other hand I cannot remember the last time I broke an XRay steering block -- I replace them at of fear of breaking every time I go to a big race.
I did order the c-hubs, bushings and the knuckles. I already received the ecs shafts but forgot about the blades. Thankfully some guys around here are content to run in the B-main and still drive Xrays. (I'm kidding guys. No need to flame) I don't remember the last time that I broke a knuckle, but I wanted to build up the parts without extra shimming.
Old 10-30-2011, 05:14 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

On the way home from the Halloween Classic.. it was a long, strange trip. Congrats to Larry Fairtrace on hit stock TC win ( TOP Photon equipped with Mira outdrives) . He was closely followed by Mike Haynes to the stripe in stock and strong a-main runs in 13.5 and mod. Many other races also had their Outdrives installed and where showing them off. Thank you again for your support.

I sold out of Nikita Outdrives for XRay T3/T3 spool. Gotta update the web site soon ..

Last edited by hanulec; 10-31-2011 at 05:07 PM.
Old 10-31-2011, 04:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

On the way home from the Halloween Classic.. it was a long, strange trip. Congrats to Larry Fairtrace on hit stock Tax win ( TOP Photon equipped with Mira outdrives) . He was closely followed by Mike Haynes to the stripe in stock and strong a-main runs in 13.5 and mod. Many other races also had their Outdrives installed and where showing them off. Thank you again for your support.

I sold out of Nikita Outdrives for XRay T3/T3 spool. Gotta update the web site soon ..

Nothing quite like a sidepiece.
Old 10-31-2011, 06:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Mike,

The Xray (nikita) outdrives are listed as "in stock" on your website, but when I attempt to order via paypal I get a message that the outdrives are "out of stock."

When do you anticipate stock replenishment?

Thanks
Brian
Old 10-31-2011, 07:07 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by Xpress
Mike,

The Xray (nikita) outdrives are listed as "in stock" on your website, but when I attempt to order via paypal I get a message that the outdrives are "out of stock."

When do you anticipate stock replenishment?

Thanks
Brian
Hi Brian - the shopping cart is right i sold out thus past weekend. I had placed an order last week for more Nikita outdrives. Hopefully the parts will arrive before December.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.