Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New MRT ESC

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2004, 01:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

'MX updates' update! More October updates were sent out today. If you registered in the last couple of weeks and have not received a confirmation email please check you supplied the correct email address.

MX development still proceeding well.
Old 10-20-2004, 03:28 AM
Tech Initiate

Terry,

Can you tell me what the (I think this is correct) BEC out put is going to be please. Im looking at getting new speedos and was hoping for something the size of quantums etc but their out put is fairly low, only 5v I think and I really need a 6v output to power my fast 6v non fet servos.
If the MX can offer this then I think it might be the speedo for me.

Edit just requested the release date and price info via your website to

Last edited by Rich_p; 10-20-2004 at 03:34 AM.
Old 10-20-2004, 08:37 AM
V12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by Rich_p
Terry,

Can you tell me what the (I think this is correct) BEC out put is going to be please. Im looking at getting new speedos and was hoping for something the size of quantums etc but their out put is fairly low, only 5v I think and I really need a 6v output to power my fast 6v non fet servos.
If the MX can offer this then I think it might be the speedo for me.

Edit just requested the release date and price info via your website to
The current VX and VX Pro has a 6V/3A output what is about the highest and strongest you can get. I donīt know if the MX is using the same BEC circuit but I think specs will be the same.

What servo are you using? I have the Futaba S9550 digital servos in all of my cars and the VX is working perfectly with these. Digital servos always are critical for BEC circuit as they may produce high amp spikes under load. But in all aspects I really recommand the MRT. I think you wonīt be disappointed.
Old 10-20-2004, 03:59 PM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

I run a 9450 futaba & a KO 2143 on a VX sport no problems at all & thats with the HRS reciever
Old 10-21-2004, 02:30 AM
Tech Initiate

Smile

I am currently Using Sanwa/Airtronics ERG-VRX servos which run on 6v. If the output is the same as the VX it should be fine
Old 10-21-2004, 12:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Terry_S
'MX updates' update! More October updates were sent out today. If you registered in the last couple of weeks and have not received a confirmation email please check you supplied the correct email address.

MX development still proceeding well.

Apologies if I have misled anyone, should have stated it was more October Update#1 updates. MX Update#2 will be released in November (or sooner if possible!).
Old 10-21-2004, 01:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Rich_p, V12 is correct the VX Pro and VX Sport both have a 6V/3A output which is well able to handle the demands of the equipment available currently. The new MX range will be supplied with a 6V/3A output as standard. The MX has been designed to push the limits of ESC's much higher than at present in all areas, ie: MOSFETs, rx output, software etc etc.

There appears to be no single competition ESC currently available on the market that is strong in all areas of design, we aim to rectify this situation with the MX. We would be very interested to know what the 'ultimate ESC' might be like, and if it does exist at present. Any suggestions??

V12 and MR JOLLY (and anyone else who is interested!), the new MRT 12V soldering irons are in, they arrived today!!!
Old 10-22-2004, 06:05 AM
Tech Initiate

The Mx is definately a very appealing option then.

You say there will be different spec models, will they both include a similar auto varying frequencies ala the quantum2/dominator evo or will that sort of technology be limited to the "pro" version?

One other thing are you going to be needing any UK drivers to test the pre or final production versions? If so I would be more than happy to help out. I would personally find it quite interesting to be involved and report back my findings.

Personally I think it would be good to see and test how well they stand up to the rigours of weekly club meetings on tiny church hall type tracks where heat and toughness/durability would become an issue more so than with the more precise team drivers on bigger outdoor flowing tracks etc.
Also I race offroad so that would be another test for it now the weather is taking a turn for the worst.
As you well know certain brands have had problems with cases opening up on a regular basis or not being totally reliable in the wet etc so would be good to ensure this sort of problem wouldnt happen on final spec versions.

Just a thought

I also emailed you this just incase.

Last edited by Rich_p; 10-22-2004 at 06:14 AM.
Old 10-26-2004, 04:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

The Mx is definately a very appealing option then.

You say there will be different spec models, will they both include a similar auto varying frequencies ala the quantum2/dominator evo or will that sort of technology be limited to the "pro" version?
Rich_p, yes all the MX models will include 'auto variable frequencies' as you describe them, but are more advanced than those on the quantum2/dominator evo, as you would expect of MRT!!

As you well know certain brands have had problems with cases opening up on a regular basis or not being totally reliable in the wet etc so would be good to ensure this sort of problem wouldnt happen on final spec versions.
Our current VX speedos and our earlier Vtrac range are totally reliable in the wet and the cases don't open up. The same applies to the new MX range, they have been designed to guarantee ultimate performance combined with durability and total reliability.

As regards drivers involved in MX development/testing, we have all classes covered and everything is going very well. Following initial testing we will be notifying our 'club level' drivers about their chance to run an MX.
Old 10-26-2004, 07:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Terry,
Please first let me say that the new ESC looks mighty nice....BUT I have one small problem. WHY IS IT ALMOST DOUBLE THE PRICE OF ANY REGULAR HIGH END ESC? I agree there are some things worth more. I run a Quatum Comp2 and it has been a great ESC and it cost $160 the New GTX is $170 and the new KO is $190 with the tuner. Now it seems that your top end one now is $225.00 and that doesn't include shipping. I understand your cost might be higher, but come on your prices are too high to be competitive. I read most of the Mags, check the race results all over the world and alot of the post here, this is the first time I have even heard of your Company. Your stats look better than most of the ESC used currently and that says alot, BUT ALMOST DOUBLE is a Very large Pill to swallow. I did sign up on your web site and I hope with the discount that yours will be at least near the same range, since your advertisment said it would be competitively priced. I am not putting your company down, just its prices. I appreciate the effort to make the best product.

Stephen <><
Old 10-26-2004, 07:36 AM
X2
Tech Regular

Originally posted by shooky
Terry,
Please first let me say that the new ESC looks mighty nice....BUT I have one small problem. WHY IS IT ALMOST DOUBLE THE PRICE OF ANY REGULAR HIGH END ESC? I agree there are some things worth more. I run a Quatum Comp2 and it has been a great ESC and it cost $160 the New GTX is $170 and the new KO is $190 with the tuner. Now it seems that your top end one now is $225.00 and that doesn't include shipping. I understand your cost might be higher, but come on your prices are too high to be competitive. I read most of the Mags, check the race results all over the world and alot of the post here, this is the first time I have even heard of your Company. Your stats look better than most of the ESC used currently and that says alot, BUT ALMOST DOUBLE is a Very large Pill to swallow. I did sign up on your web site and I hope with the discount that yours will be at least near the same range, since your advertisment said it would be competitively priced. I am not putting your company down, just its prices. I appreciate the effort to make the best product.

Stephen <><
When you say 'top end one', do you mean the currently available VX or the new MX?
Old 10-26-2004, 07:43 AM
Tech Regular

The reason that you think its so expensive is because you live in the USA.
A Novak GTX is Ģ140 in the UK thats $260! instead of $160 that its sold for in the USA
MRT are based in the UK so i assume they are priced to the UK market.
Old 10-26-2004, 03:39 PM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

Shooky & robfo
This exchange rate is a double edge sword & it favours the uk for the forseeable future
The only way MRT can get around ti is by selling to the us at a great discount to make it compititive in the price is right scenerio for the usa
Old 10-26-2004, 10:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I don't know I think they better hury, Tekin just reopened it's doors and there new ESC should be out by January and it will be top notch. SO I hope that this MRT will be at least around $160 or I won't even bother. For the price a Ko is still good enough to win and so is the QC2 and the GTX so if you are going to be cometitive then drop that price and maybe you will get more interest.
Just my thoughts
Stephen <><
Old 10-27-2004, 06:21 AM
Tech Elite

shooky
Going back to the ` this is the first time i`ve heard of your company` relates to the stuff i import from the states ie; promatch,kmr,surge ,no one in the uk had heard off these guys does`nt mean they are no good,promatch for instance now have the track record at barham in the 19t spec class(well it was the driver really) & that was faster then the nats they had week before
But still enough dribbling just have to wait & see what terry (mrt) can do for you guys over there
Keep your fingers crossed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.