Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bj4?!?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2004, 10:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

It is a very well constructed car. The only thing that bugged me was the slipper setup, but that was easy to fix and Jason was very helpful. I raced my car this weekend on a temporary track at the fair grounds. It was an "old school" track since it has a lot of loose dirt and at times mud. The car did well, but I need to find a better rough track setup before I try that type of track again. I ran the car with a lehner basic 4200 brushless controlled by a schulze u-force 75 controller. Had a ton of power and more top end than I could use. I will attempt to attach some pics.
Attached Thumbnails Bj4?!?-undertray-electronics.jpg  
Old 08-24-2004, 10:21 AM
Tech Elite

here is the other pic
Attached Thumbnails Bj4?!?-whole-car.jpg  
Old 08-24-2004, 02:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by kufman
It is a very well constructed car. The only thing that bugged me was the slipper setup, but that was easy to fix and Jason was very helpful. I raced my car this weekend on a temporary track at the fair grounds. It was an "old school" track since it has a lot of loose dirt and at times mud. The car did well, but I need to find a better rough track setup before I try that type of track again. I ran the car with a lehner basic 4200 brushless controlled by a schulze u-force 75 controller. Had a ton of power and more top end than I could use. I will attempt to attach some pics.
What is up with the slipper? Hard to setup or you actually have to mod it?

G
Old 08-24-2004, 02:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

peice of cake, slip a wrench on the nut and rotate both rear wheels to make an adjustment. If your diff is adjusted to kit specs it shouldn't munch when making the adjustment.
Old 08-24-2004, 03:19 PM
Tech Elite

The main problem I had with the slipper was the wobbling. I fixed the problem by using a longer pin behind the slipper. The adjustment nut on my slipper is hard enough to adjust that doing the wrench and rear tire trick doesn't work, the rear diff slips before the nut will turn. I have since removed the slipper and I use a standard TC3 spur gear holder.
Old 08-25-2004, 02:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by kufman
The main problem I had with the slipper was the wobbling. I fixed the problem by using a longer pin behind the slipper. The adjustment nut on my slipper is hard enough to adjust that doing the wrench and rear tire trick doesn't work, the rear diff slips before the nut will turn. I have since removed the slipper and I use a standard TC3 spur gear holder.
I had the same trouble with my slipper plates. a quick email to jconcepts was all it took to get that fixed. I've not yet run my BJ4, so I cannot comment on the slipper adjustment thing.

kufman, have you run the car without the slipper yet? If you have, have you had any trouble with stripped bevel gears?
Old 08-25-2004, 02:56 PM
Tech Elite

Yes I have run my BJ4 on an offroad course and haven't had any trouble with stripped gears. It was raced for 3 rounds of racing on a large course with large jumps. I ran the brushless setup that I posted pics of above. Most likely the diffs will slip before the gears let go. The picture that shows the inside of the car actually shows the non-slipper setup. I kept the spring and nut in order to press the TC3 gear adapter towards the pin. Didn't feel like trying to create an E-clip slot on the shaft.