Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ko Propo VFS-1 ESC

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2004, 10:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

John, I have a Q2 and a VFS-1 right now and for carpet at least I prefer the VFS-1, and here's why. I run a one-way with some roll throttle, and with the Q2's variable frequency, I've noticed that the amount of roll isn't consistent because the Q2 is switching frequencies. It's made the car feel a bit inconsistent. I also like the "feel" of the VFS-1's bottom end more than the Q2's, but I need to try a new profile on the Q2 (even though the manual says to use #5 for stock, talking to some folkes at AE they say to use 4, so I have to try it). And don't be afraid of the settings, it's really easy to adjust if you have either the hand held programmer or the software.
Old 12-15-2004, 11:31 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by RC Driver Gary
John, I have a Q2 and a VFS-1 right now and for carpet at least I prefer the VFS-1, and here's why. I run a one-way with some roll throttle, and with the Q2's variable frequency, I've noticed that the amount of roll isn't consistent because the Q2 is switching frequencies. It's made the car feel a bit inconsistent. I also like the "feel" of the VFS-1's bottom end more than the Q2's, but I need to try a new profile on the Q2 (even though the manual says to use #5 for stock, talking to some folkes at AE they say to use 4, so I have to try it). And don't be afraid of the settings, it's really easy to adjust if you have either the hand held programmer or the software.
I was told by someone at AE that the Q2 is variable only in profile 4.

I did feel a difference when I went to profile 4 from 5. I didn't like it.

Tim
Old 12-15-2004, 02:31 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by asw7576
my friend got this thing, awesome size! smaller than his receiver.

but he ran into overheat problem in 5min - 8t modified race. he had to stop and go few times
Most likely the setting is to agressive. He can also try changing the gearing or back off on the timing or add an air-scoop.
Old 12-15-2004, 06:00 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally posted by JohnMatrix
If you had a choice would recommend this esc over the Q2?

This thing scares me to much because of all the settings.
John,

id recommend the VFS-1 over the QC2 just because of the flexibility it will give you. sometimes you'll hit that sweet spot gearing on your motor.. but just want a tad more punch.... the VFS-1 will let you do that. QC-2 will only give you the option of profile 4 and 5. (when i did have one, i used profile 4 for stock and it was decent)...

but with the VFS-1... drop the drive frequencies and you can customize the punch and rip in all the different phases of your throttle motion.

btw.. i had my VFS-1 in my EvoIV when i raced up there.

- Chris
Old 12-15-2004, 09:40 PM
Tech Addict

Thanks for the info guys.

Now I buy the Speed Control and than I need to get the Hand held programmer and or the software?

Whats the cost on ether of those?

Thanks guys.
Old 12-15-2004, 09:47 PM
Tech Initiate

How do you reset VFS-1 pro to factory setting? My mate told me that the stock setting from the facotory is good enough for 23T motor. I have the handheld programmer.

Thanks in advance.

Dennis
Old 12-16-2004, 05:55 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Dennis Rabanes
How do you reset VFS-1 pro to factory setting? My mate told me that the stock setting from the facotory is good enough for 23T motor. I have the handheld programmer.

Thanks in advance.

Dennis
Using the handheld programmer, set it to step 32 (of 64) all the way across the throttle curve.

This setting is stock (pretty sure, havent used the darn thing in like 4 months), and the other setting will need changing if you have messed with those.
Old 12-16-2004, 10:44 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally posted by JohnMatrix
Thanks for the info guys.

Now I buy the Speed Control and than I need to get the Hand held programmer and or the software?

Whats the cost on ether of those?

Thanks guys.
Mr Matrix:
you only need one or the other. software will require a laptop tho (dont know if you wanna lug that to the track). handheld/esc combo runs about $220 at speedtech rc

http://64.23.108.110/speedtechrc/218.html

- chris
Old 12-16-2004, 03:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey Robert,

If I buy the Tamiya version of the KO speedo....will KO do the warrantee repair on those if needed?

-Ling
Old 12-16-2004, 04:16 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by linger
Hey Robert,

If I buy the Tamiya version of the KO speedo....will KO do the warrantee repair on those if needed?

-Ling
No, that will have to done through Tamiya.
Old 12-17-2004, 09:09 AM
Tech Regular

Can i use the single ko shokti diode with a 12x3 motor or will i have to get the double diode and what does the condenser do i couldnt see it mentioned in any other posts.
Old 12-17-2004, 09:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

anyone have a good offroad profile for 2wd mod ?
Old 12-17-2004, 09:50 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Dan Hughes
Can i use the single ko shokti diode with a 12x3 motor or will i have to get the double diode and what does the condenser do i couldnt see it mentioned in any other posts.
The instructions say to use the Double Ultimate Shotki for anything lower than a 15T. The capasitor helps in lowering the temperature and keeping the esc efficient. Not using it will damage the esc.
Old 12-17-2004, 11:10 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Did my VFS-1 come with a double diode or is that single?
Old 12-17-2004, 11:19 AM
Tech Master

Should be a single. I bought a double and it is quite a bit thicker. Wish I knew that I only needed singles for stock, wouldn't have bought the double then.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.