Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ko Propo VFS-1 ESC

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2004, 10:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Have you tried setting the transmitter with other ESCs? Can you brake with other ESCs?
Old 11-25-2004, 05:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

If the transmitter is not properly setup with the correct Hi-point or Brake settings this can happen. If you are using the Helios make sure you set the brake and throttle postions to the default location. Once the ESC is set you can go back and readjust the transmitter settings.

Mark
Old 11-25-2004, 09:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I am using a lynx3d synthesized. I think the brake setting is at defualt but i will check it.
Old 11-25-2004, 09:22 AM
Tech Regular

What is the support like for the UK. This has won over a GTX, my LRP QC just blew up. I'll mostly be using it for stock, and the odd mod meeting. Will it work with the old 297 reciever?
Old 11-25-2004, 12:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

For the VFS, when you want to set it up i know you need an adaptor or something, wouldyou need a computer also?? Just wondering.
Old 11-25-2004, 01:56 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally posted by tcmerf
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I am using a lynx3d synthesized. I think the brake setting is at defualt but i will check it.
mr merf!

make sure your brake setting is set at 100. and your throttle high point is set to 100. make sure your throttle curve's and punch are all set to 0%. if your not sure, just create a new model on your helios.

from there, you need to program the esc via the instructions (holding down the button, flip the switch on.. wait for it to turn on and off.. then program it.)

from there.. your esc will be ready to use. if you need anymore help... ill be at socal on tuesday. and tamiya/socal on sat. we can get it set up then.

- chris
Old 11-25-2004, 02:00 PM
Tech Lord

Originally posted by JDXray
For the VFS, when you want to set it up i know you need an adaptor or something, wouldyou need a computer also?? Just wondering.
JDXray

you have two options. the handheld adapter uses compact flash type cards that lets use the handheld adapter for the ko series of servos and escs. if you buy the pc interface, you'll need to download the vfs software from the ko propo site, connect the pc interface to your home computer or laptop..and then into your esc.

i have both.. pc interface for loading a profile (ease of use, i can save unlimited profiles (on my hd) and the vfs software is visual so u can see the curve of your throttle profile.)... then i use the handheld adapter at the track to fine tune and adjust my profiles. the handheld adapter is the best way to go.. once u master that i suggest getting the pc interface if you have a laptop you can carry to the track.

- Chris
Old 11-25-2004, 02:01 PM
Tech Lord

Originally posted by Dan Hughes
What is the support like for the UK. This has won over a GTX, my LRP QC just blew up. I'll mostly be using it for stock, and the odd mod meeting. Will it work with the old 297 reciever?
Dan

there is a division of ko propo in the UK i believe. you can PM/email Ko Propo Staff and confirm with him but i know there is good support over in europe.
Old 11-25-2004, 02:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally posted by Hebiki
JDXray

you have two options. the handheld adapter uses compact flash type cards that lets use the handheld adapter for the ko series of servos and escs. if you buy the pc interface, you'll need to download the vfs software from the ko propo site, connect the pc interface to your home computer or laptop..and then into your esc.

i have both.. pc interface for loading a profile (ease of use, i can save unlimited profiles (on my hd) and the vfs software is visual so u can see the curve of your throttle profile.)... then i use the handheld adapter at the track to fine tune and adjust my profiles. the handheld adapter is the best way to go.. once u master that i suggest getting the pc interface if you have a laptop you can carry to the track.

- Chris

Thanks Chris, i was just wondering because an uncle of mine gets laptops and electronics and i am trying out a fujitsu lifebook and its SMALL!!! and has the wireless connection so when i am in my house it picks up the linksys system so i can get internet, also anywhere that has a wirless connection.

I was thinking of getting myself a VFS1,KO Servo, and a Chassis for my Xray for christmas.

Thanks again Chris

Jon
Old 11-27-2004, 11:51 AM

Does anyone have a good setup for 1/12 gtp 4-cell mod on a high speed track, and also on a tech track

thanks
Old 11-27-2004, 01:42 PM
Tech Lord

Originally posted by JDXray
Thanks Chris, i was just wondering because an uncle of mine gets laptops and electronics and i am trying out a fujitsu lifebook and its SMALL!!! and has the wireless connection so when i am in my house it picks up the linksys system so i can get internet, also anywhere that has a wirless connection.

I was thinking of getting myself a VFS1,KO Servo, and a Chassis for my Xray for christmas.

Thanks again Chris

Jon
wow.. someone's been a good boy! talk about a nice set of xmas presents! i think ill be getting a second VFS-1 for my evoIV and some of those new heatsink servos
Old 11-27-2004, 01:43 PM
Tech Lord

Originally posted by tomlau
Does anyone have a good setup for 1/12 gtp 4-cell mod on a high speed track, and also on a tech track

thanks
mr munrath was working on some 1/12 mod set ups...he should be able to point you in the right direction. we modified a few.. and he's currently testing
Old 11-27-2004, 01:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hey Chris, you going to socal at all this week? I am not sure i can get to Tamiya on Saturday, family may still be in town.
Old 11-27-2004, 06:32 PM
Tech Lord

Originally posted by tcmerf
Hey Chris, you going to socal at all this week? I am not sure i can get to Tamiya on Saturday, family may still be in town.
socal on tuesday to do some testing with the evoIV
Old 11-27-2004, 07:30 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Hebiki
wow.. someone's been a good boy! talk about a nice set of xmas presents! i think ill be getting a second VFS-1 for my evoIV and some of those new heatsink servos
Ya I'll say. I've got a VFS-1, PDS2363, and hopefully I will get enough money to finally have enough to get my Helios so I can give back the one on loan.

BTW anyone have a setting for a VFS-1 for touring stock on a tight, technical, high traction carpet track. Need to squeeze atleast 4 more laps out of my car.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.