Wiki Posts
Search

Ko Propo VFS-1 ESC

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2005, 03:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default VFS repairs

KO Staff: Is it possible to get the VFS speedo repaired? I blew my 2.1 yesterday it got that hot that it destroyed some a portion of the case and desoldered all the wires i love this speedo was a pity you think its not worht fixing?
Old 11-09-2005, 04:18 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FUK_WRX
KO Staff: Is it possible to get the VFS speedo repaired? I blew my 2.1 yesterday it got that hot that it destroyed some a portion of the case and desoldered all the wires i love this speedo was a pity you think its not worht fixing?
after you get it repaired. purchase one of the heatsinks. (posted pictures in the previous pages). it will help dissipate heat better and keep your esc running cooler and more efficient.
Old 11-09-2005, 04:55 PM
Tech Master

Sounds like it probably is not repairable. You could always send it in and see if it is. You say 2.1, must be a Hara edition. If so, you will either have to send it back to Hot Bodies or KO Japan for repairs.

-Robert
Old 11-09-2005, 07:26 PM
Tech Champion

Hello,

I just purchased the Helios, the VFS-1 Pro Comp. Value pack, and a PDS-2123FET servo. (7.2V)

I needed to know how to hook up the blue wire to the speed control, and I was told that I may need to set the BEC at 3.0v, rather than 2.3v. The servo came with, what looks like, the other end of the blue wire, and it looks as though all I need to do is solder that wire to the speedo somewhere, but I dont see where.

I would think that just letting the blue wire from the servo hang, would just make it not perform as well as if it were attached.

Would I be better off just going to another servo that does not involve this blue wire?

Thanks in advance for your help,
Robbie Dodge
Old 11-10-2005, 07:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KO PROPO Staff
Sounds like it probably is not repairable. You could always send it in and see if it is. You say 2.1, must be a Hara edition. If so, you will either have to send it back to Hot Bodies or KO Japan for repairs.

-Robert
Thats what it looks like, even the case was kinda melted exposing some electrical components up front. I dont get how it happened i turned my speedo on and tried it up and down the straight, and then i went to grid my car and all at a sudden took off on its own n tipped on its top there it was in full throttle then white smoke started coming out of the ESC what do you think would be the cause of this?
Old 11-10-2005, 08:48 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by punkboy
Hello,

I just purchased the Helios, the VFS-1 Pro Comp. Value pack, and a PDS-2123FET servo. (7.2V)

I needed to know how to hook up the blue wire to the speed control, and I was told that I may need to set the BEC at 3.0v, rather than 2.3v. The servo came with, what looks like, the other end of the blue wire, and it looks as though all I need to do is solder that wire to the speedo somewhere, but I dont see where.

I would think that just letting the blue wire from the servo hang, would just make it not perform as well as if it were attached.

Would I be better off just going to another servo that does not involve this blue wire?

Thanks in advance for your help,
Robbie Dodge
Robbie-

The servo will not power up until you connect the blue wire. Connect the blue wire to the positive side of the battery on the esc. Make sure that you use the choke that came with the servo, or you will damage the servo.

-Robert
Old 11-10-2005, 08:50 AM
Tech Master

Thats what it looks like, even the case was kinda melted exposing some electrical components up front. I dont get how it happened i turned my speedo on and tried it up and down the straight, and then i went to grid my car and all at a sudden took off on its own n tipped on its top there it was in full throttle then white smoke started coming out of the ESC what do you think would be the cause of this?
Either you connected the battery incorrectly at some point, or you did not use the correct shotki diode for your application.
Old 11-10-2005, 09:50 AM
Tech Regular

hello, ko pro--- i have novak receiver and lrp esc,airtronics servo

i am thinking of getting a ex-10 helio transmitter and servo....

will i have to change my receiver and esc.to make it work ??????????????

thanks for looking
Old 11-10-2005, 09:55 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rcnutmich
hello, ko pro--- i have novak receiver and lrp esc,airtronics servo

i am thinking of getting a ex-10 helio transmitter and servo....

will i have to change my receiver and esc.to make it work ??????????????

thanks for looking
You will have to change your receiver, but the radio comes with one.??
Old 11-10-2005, 10:00 AM
Tech Regular

You will have to change your receiver, but the radio comes with one.??
the receiver comes with the radio ?
Old 11-10-2005, 10:09 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rcnutmich
the receiver comes with the radio ?
Unless you purchase the Mini-Z or Tx only version.
Old 11-10-2005, 10:43 AM
Tech Regular

last question, will a kr 301f receiver work ?
Old 11-10-2005, 10:47 AM
Tech Master

In the Super HSR (High Response 3CH mode) or the normal mode. Should not be used with the Advanced HSR mode (High Response 2CH mode) [Factory Default].
Old 11-10-2005, 10:56 AM
Tech Regular

thanks for the quick responces
Old 11-10-2005, 12:47 PM
Tech Champion

Robbie-

The servo will not power up until you connect the blue wire. Connect the blue wire to the positive side of the battery on the esc. Make sure that you use the choke that came with the servo, or you will damage the servo.

-Robert
Choke?

Thanks again for your help!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.