Search
Like Tree16Likes

Serpent S411

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 01:07 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mattwoodcraft
thats exactly what i shave done and its made a huge differance i also use the red springs on the front white on the back and have moved the rear wheel base back 1mm hard uprites front and rear with hard arms.
2mm chassi 2mm top deck 1.2mm rear sway bar
Its interesting that you have lowered the rear roll center. I have the front full low and 0.5 under the rear blocks.
Old 08-25-2011, 04:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC MARKET
they said end of AUG release !
only a few days left to go then, your lucky your over seas my wife just loves it when i go shoping....NOT....

anyway the best kept serpent stocked for parts.

the bearings you replied back to me a few pages back i have already got a set from you with heaps of other stuff what i am chasing is a ceramic set for the nationals coming up in november
Old 08-25-2011, 04:35 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Dragonfire
Its interesting that you have lowered the rear roll center. I have the front full low and 0.5 under the rear blocks.
i have been testing quiet a few differant things so far for me the .05 under the rear is working the best since i have now gone to 4 hole pistons i am keen to try the yellow springs in the rear again to see how it feels, i like the 2mm chassi set up with the 2 mm top deck
Old 08-25-2011, 04:46 AM
Tech Adept

only a few days left to go then, your lucky your over seas my wife just loves it when i go shoping....NOT....

the bearings you replied back to me a few pages back i have already got a set from you with heaps of other stuff what i am chasing is a ceramic set for the nationals coming up in november
try abec35.com they have a caramic bearing set. really like there type-x bearings :-)
Old 08-25-2011, 12:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

We had keep per week have Serpent order & shipment !
Don't need Ceramic bearing ,
we also keep to change new Economic Bearing will have support the best !
Old 08-25-2011, 05:25 PM
Tech Apprentice

I agree, spent more time on the Snake on Wednesday and lowered the rear roll centre spacers to 0.5 from 1mm and it was better.

Originally Posted by Team STPN
I had the same issue and lowered the rear roll center from 1m to .5 m and no issue after that
Old 08-25-2011, 06:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

So from reading the last few pages, am I to understand that most of you guys running Mod PREFER the 2mm chassis/topdeck? Looks like I've got 2 more items to get Are most of you guys running the 1-piece motor mount too? What about you guys running on carpet.....similar deductions?

Sorry about the inquiries
Old 08-25-2011, 06:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

On asphalt I've been using the 2mm chassis with the 2-piece motor mount. I also removed the two center screw on the upper deck (near the motor mount) to give the car some more rear flex since I was worried about the loss of rear traction with this car - however, right now I find the car has a good balance of steering and rear traction - and I'm gonna try running the screws next session. I'm gonna save the 2.25 chassis and one-piece motor mount for indoors. Based on my last car, getting it to turn on the track was a chore so I am really looking forward to carpet season this year.

I gotta say - I've never driven a car that likes to be run as stiff as the S411 does on the asphalt which has greatly improved my corner speed. After only a single session with the car, I am pretty confident that the performance is going to be awesome with the S411 once I get it dialed in.
Old 08-25-2011, 06:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by duckman996
On asphalt I've been using the 2mm chassis with the 2-piece motor mount. I also removed the two center screw on the upper deck (near the motor mount) to give the car some more rear flex since I was worried about the loss of rear traction with this car - however, right now I find the car has a good balance of steering and rear traction - and I'm gonna try running the screws next session. I'm gonna save the 2.25 chassis and one-piece motor mount for indoors. Based on my last car, getting it to turn on the track was a chore so I am really looking forward to carpet season this year.

I gotta say - I've never driven a car that likes to be run as stiff as the S411 does on the asphalt which has greatly improved my corner speed. After only a single session with the car, I am pretty confident that the performance is going to be awesome with the S411 once I get it dialed in.
What's the grip like on the asphalt track you run on and once you dial in the set-up, you mind sharing?
Old 08-25-2011, 07:11 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JayBee
What's the grip like on the asphalt track you run on and once you dial in the set-up, you mind sharing?
The grip was Medium the last time I went out - and I'll post my starting set-up in a little while. Just creating a "good" copy.
Old 08-25-2011, 08:03 PM
Tech Master

Here is where I left off last week. I was pretty happy with the car - such that quite a few people commented on the performance in its first outing. Next change for me will be standing the rear shocks up one hole to hope to get a little more rotation on-power.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
MPSerp411AsphaltSet-up.pdf (172.2 KB, 227 views)
Old 08-26-2011, 04:46 AM
Tech Elite

havnt tried the one peice motor mount as yet, i have how ever been thinking of getting one to try to see how it goes. the car is really good as it is now i will post my set up soon to see hwta people think
Old 08-26-2011, 04:57 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

havnt tried the one peice motor mount as yet, i have how ever been thinking of getting one to try to see how it goes. the car is really good as it is now i will post my set up soon to see hwta people think
I don't see much advantage with it. With the kit setup you have the best of both worlds.
Old 08-26-2011, 05:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Whay day do you race at SMA. I have only had mine there once so far but will have to go back some time for some more testing.
Usually go Tuesday night, cant make it next tues for the race night but will be there sept 6th for the practice night

Would be nice to see a properly set up s411, and get some advice (if possible)
Old 08-26-2011, 05:11 AM
Tech Elite

I don't see much advantage with it. With the kit setup you have the best of both worlds.
thats what i have been thinking i juct couldnt see a advantage for it, the only reason i would be getting it was to see what it was like after comments have been made about.

i have never raced on a track with high traction and thats the only time i could maybe see any value in it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.