Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree16Likes

Serpent S411

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2013, 11:07 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I guess we will have to wait for the answer from Johnny Wishbone..

Nick K
Old 09-25-2013, 11:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Originally Posted by Phoenix82
Hi Steve. My TE seems to be fine on the straight aways. I gather you tryed a different rear suspension block to see if its just a bad holder??

Nick K

ps. are you making the trip to toon town this weekend??
Hey,seems you haven't mounted the rear split blocks correctly or have a tweaked hinge pin ( arm rod).
Cheers
Old 09-25-2013, 11:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

[QUOTE=Benzaah;12487695]
FWIW I would not recommend the new spool as it chews blades and if you miss changing them out the driveshafts chew up the opening as its not hardened very well.
The new motor mount on the other hand is awesome. It can only run in flex mode as there are no mounting points for the stiff leg of the original mount.

I used the new spool first time in Super Stock car last weekend indoor. It seems to work fine. I only got maybe 5 runs with the car, but the wear of the blades was minimal. I did not use the blades that comes with the spool. When I compared the blades with the stock part they where not totaly same. Very strange, not a big difference hardly noticeable but next to eachother, the one that came with the spool was "less material"

Last edited by Linguster; 09-25-2013 at 11:53 PM.
Old 09-26-2013, 03:48 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default vta gearing?

i run vta and usgt with my 2 s411 cars my question is about spur gears and adjusting motor. to get my car in the 3.5 to 4.0 gear ratio i am unable to use the holes in spur gear to tighten motor screws.is there a chart somewhere to help guide me in setting up gears so i know what spurs and pinions will work so i can adjust motor screws through spur gear holes?
Old 09-26-2013, 04:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Originally Posted by buckeye dan
i run vta and usgt with my 2 s411 cars my question is about spur gears and adjusting motor. to get my car in the 3.5 to 4.0 gear ratio i am unable to use the holes in spur gear to tighten motor screws.is there a chart somewhere to help guide me in setting up gears so i know what spurs and pinions will work so i can adjust motor screws through spur gear holes?
If you buy the new V3 motor mount, it makes pinion changes with 35 plus tooth pinions a breeze!
Old 09-26-2013, 06:30 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Benzaah
If you buy the new V3 motor mount, it makes pinion changes with 35 plus tooth pinions a breeze!
my cars still have the 2 piece motor mount on them will i need more parts to go along with motor mount?
Old 09-26-2013, 08:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Timbo99
Hey,seems you haven't mounted the rear split blocks correctly or have a tweaked hinge pin ( arm rod).
Cheers
How is it even possible to mount them incorrectly? The car is brand new, so I'm pretty sure I haven't bent anything yet.
Old 09-26-2013, 08:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Phoenix82
Hi Guys. I picked up a used Eryx a few weeks back. I have totally stripped and cleaned and rebuilt the car. The car was basicly new when i received it.
My question is, i have taken apart the shocks, cleaned and put new oil in them. I have set them up for zero rebound. but now they seem to squeek???? only one is completely silent? why is that and what do I have to do to fix the issue?

Nick K
Which pistons are you using, the stock black ones or the delron ones? What make of oil are you using? I'd try another make of oil just to see, but also check to make sure the inner shock body has no rough spots. Can't say as I have had a squeeker before, I'll have to check it out next time your at the track with the car.

Originally Posted by Steve S
Anyone found their rear toe to be wildly uneven? I've got almost 4 deg on one side and ~2.5 on the other. The car visibly travels sideways in a straight line.
Not that I've noticed, but I'll check my car on a setup station to confirm. Maybe double check that you haven't split your split blocks, like a 2.0 and 1.0 left/right mixup.

my cars still have the 2 piece motor mount on them will i need more parts to go along with motor mount?
Yes, the new V3 mount lets you use one motor screw in a low position bypassing having to put a screw through the spur gear. I usually use a reamer and open up a hole on the spur to give better clearance. Also use a button head screw for the motor as the shaft of the driver will be smaller to allow for more clearance as well.

No additional parts will be required to change out the mount, and the different inner legs are nice for tuning adjustments. NOTE! the mount is 1mm lower at the idler shaft mounting point, so if you run the screws in that part of the top plate you'll have to use a 1mm spacer to make up the difference or the top plate will be tweaked. (only if your upgrading from a older S car)

Originally Posted by Steve S
How is it even possible to mount them incorrectly? The car is brand new, so I'm pretty sure I haven't bent anything yet.
Just check the orientation of the split blocks for a mixup.
Old 09-26-2013, 09:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

The rear split blocks are 0.0's, which I'm pretty sure are symmetrical? I'm considering putting a 1.0 on one side to even it out though.
Old 09-26-2013, 10:18 AM
Tech Addict

Hey. I use a reamer to widen a hole on the spur so i have better access to the screw.

Nick K
Old 09-26-2013, 12:46 PM
Tech Regular

thanks for all help on the spur gear ideas .... how much are the v3 motor mounts and where can i get them couldnt find at amain or stormers.
Old 09-26-2013, 02:40 PM
Tech Addict

Hi Johnny. Ill take the shocks apart and see what type of meterial the piston is. I used trinity oil in the shock..

Thanks
Nick K
Old 09-27-2013, 12:58 PM
Tech Adept

Is there any white belts for this car
Old 09-27-2013, 02:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

thanks for all help on the spur gear ideas .... how much are the v3 motor mounts and where can i get them couldnt find at amain or stormers.
rc mushroom has it http://www.rc-mushroom.com/product_i...rmount-p-27081
Old 09-30-2013, 07:43 AM
Tech Initiate

Default serpent s411 project

Im about to start a serpent s411 project and would like to get some recommendations for a brushless motor and esc. What would you guys recommend?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.