Search
Like Tree16Likes

Serpent S411

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2012, 10:58 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by orcadigital
I have had good luck with the serpent springs, but actually prefer the RSD springs. They seem to come in more inbetween weights, fit great, and feel very consistent. I have full sets of both (2+ pairs in most cases as well) along with a set of HPI and Xray springs. My custom pit board has the relative weights of all of those springs so it is easier to compare. No one else is running an S411 at my track anymore, so when the Xray guy next to me says he changed his 3.0's to 2.8's, I can reference how to accomplish it in other brands, or even run the same springs. It just gives me the options to try whatever I want.
the K value is a constant so you can refence the numbers they tell you with other springs that have values....

Serpent Grey TC is 2.65 and MR silver is 2.68 MR is couple mm longer then Serpent ones. so the only difference between them is how fast you close the springs..
Old 10-23-2012, 11:15 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
The only thing thats worked for me in posting setups on here, is to get them onto the Petit RC site and then do a link on here to take you over there.

The Tamiya springs I bought where the right colours, but I think they may have been for another car not a TC, bad part is the use the same colours for all their springs. But the tried and true blue and white seems to be a pretty good combo, even after all these years.
How can i put my setup to Petit RC ??
Old 10-24-2012, 05:41 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

hi, can someone please tell me the basic tools to complete this kit? Std? Metric? Drivers needed as well Thanks guys!
Old 10-24-2012, 05:49 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Talking by memory:

metric hex: 1.5mm, 2mm, 2.5mm & 3mm
5.5mm & 7mm shockets

regards
Old 10-24-2012, 01:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Der_Mo
How can i put my setup to Petit RC ??

Go to the site and fill out the setup sheet, then submit it or keep that copy and then send it to Arno, the site admin, and he will submit it for you.
Old 10-24-2012, 02:54 PM
Tech Regular

Default V2 vs. V1 Diff

I would be interested in opinions on the v2 diff vs. the v1 diff. Has anybody noticed any real advantage to one over the other on the track. Is the V2 much smoother and is it any lighter than the V1?
Old 10-24-2012, 03:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Toughbeard
the K value is a constant so you can refence the numbers they tell you with other springs that have values....

Serpent Grey TC is 2.65 and MR silver is 2.68 MR is couple mm longer then Serpent ones. so the only difference between them is how fast you close the springs..
What do you mean by "how fast you close the spring" I was worried that the height differance between tamiya and serpent would mess something up. Tamiya are 26mm where as Serpent are 23mm. Would the differant amounts of pre-load to acheave say a 6mm ride height effect how the spring works?
Old 10-25-2012, 12:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Originally Posted by damage
I would be interested in opinions on the v2 diff vs. the v1 diff. Has anybody noticed any real advantage to one over the other on the track. Is the V2 much smoother and is it any lighter than the V1?
I have a couple of very worn V1 diffs that feel better than my new V2 diff. It does take a while to run in the metal gears so they do feel a bit funny to begin with. The cross shafts and gears on the V2 are slimmer so you would expect maybe a couple of grams difference but with all rotating mass this is good.
Old 10-25-2012, 11:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I noticed Serpent makes slipper pads to convert the ball diff to a slipper spool, but you can't seem to buy them anywhere:
http://www.serpent.com/product/401457

Are these new, or are shops just not stocking them? The slipper spool is one of the few features I miss from the TC6.
Old 10-25-2012, 05:33 PM
Tech Elite

Steve if you contact the guys at SerpentAmerica and give them the part number they can probably order them for you. FYI the diff is similar to the Tamiya diff so i'm wondering if they make the same pads and if so, are they available.
Old 10-25-2012, 05:35 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by damage
Out of the bag the V2 is no where as notchy as the V1 diff. It takes a ton of time before the V1 gets close.
Old 10-26-2012, 04:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (98%+)

Same here, built up a new V2 diff the car was undrivable, put in the old V1 diff car was great, not to sure why the big difference.

Rhys

Originally Posted by Benzaah
I have a couple of very worn V1 diffs that feel better than my new V2 diff. It does take a while to run in the metal gears so they do feel a bit funny to begin with. The cross shafts and gears on the V2 are slimmer so you would expect maybe a couple of grams difference but with all rotating mass this is good.
Old 10-26-2012, 05:46 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by crabboy
Same here, built up a new V2 diff the car was undrivable, put in the old V1 diff car was great, not to sure why the big difference.

Rhys
Hi.

Try to sand the back side of the gears. Also even try to use only 1 shim behind one of the large gears. The gears might be too tight.

We use the small nylon Xceed gears (all 4 gears) together with the two large standard gears. Only one shim behind one of the large gears. The diff works really nice and free. No problems at all - works well since the worlds mid July.
Old 10-26-2012, 10:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

will the X-ray gear diff fit
Old 10-26-2012, 12:00 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dawgmeat
will the X-ray gear diff fit
I made one fit in mine. It wouldn't just drop in. I had to thin out the( driver side) bearing holder of the diff. The serpent bones wouldn't work with the diff, the end that goes in the out drive is smaller then the ones on the Xray bones. I have a XRAY T2 that I took the rear bones off and mounted to the serpent axles. The XRAY diff is really smooth and lighter.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.