Like Tree16Likes

Serpent S411

Old 02-27-2012, 01:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Oh....got it now. For some reason I was thinking you were talking about the suspension arms. Thanks for the clarification.
Old 02-27-2012, 01:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
This is what it looks like when you flip the arms.
Try this http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...-s411-187.html post #2797.

Originally Posted by EVILGRAFX
Can you post pictures of what yours looks like? I'm have having a hard time figuring out what you mean by flipped.

Thanks
And the pics are after the battery mount was modified for full lock steering as well.
Old 02-27-2012, 01:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Try this http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...-s411-187.html post #2797.

And the pics are after the battery mount was modified for full lock steering as well.
looking at those pics...you can see that the battery strap holder will get in the way of the steering arm moving all the way to the right.

I think the only way to avoid this is to not use the battery strap holders...but will have to see.
Old 02-27-2012, 02:03 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Martin Crisp
looking at those pics...you can see that the battery strap holder will get in the way of the steering arm moving all the way to the right.

I think the only way to avoid this is to not use the battery strap holders...but will have to see.
Been running it that way since the V2 came out and lock to lock is not a problem, it takes maybe 1mm off the holder and a angle parallel to the arm.
Old 02-27-2012, 02:16 PM
Tech Regular

I am thinking the bumpsteer added by V2 would be a good idea. I tend to like cars that react that way. That being said, it is good that there is a way to cancel that out.

Looking forward to trying it.
Old 02-27-2012, 04:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by corallyman
It did, and it was all I had at the time. There is always something you can do to the car to make it a tad better. I never had any luck with a 2.0 chassis with anycar that I have owned. I do like the 2.25 chassis that is on my LE at the moment. Think about how little difference there actually is between 2.25 and 2.50 on your calipers, it's not that much. There is also a lot of cars on the market where 2.5 is standard.

I had a TC5 awile back and there were lots of comments about the ITF chassis being too thin and if I remember that was a 2.0 chassis. Carbon fiber can be laid differently to create different effects anyways.

All I was trying to say is don't be afraid to try what you have first. Our carpet tends to build traction quickly so I keep that in mind too.

Steve
Ohh I understand I just thought the 2.25 and 2.0 would respond better on asphalt..
Old 02-28-2012, 05:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Been running it that way since the V2 came out and lock to lock is not a problem, it takes maybe 1mm off the holder and a angle parallel to the arm.
I have set up the rack this way and cannot get more than 2mm of shim on the ball ends before they foul the toe plate. Last week without the flipped arms i found a nice sweet spot with 2.5mm of shims albeit the car was a little nervous coming through the sweeper. With the flippded arms have you been running any additional bump steer with any shims under the ball on the steering arm? I was thinking of putting a 1mm shim under the steering post to lift it up a touch but this will negate the arm angle change the arm flipping creates.
Old 02-28-2012, 06:04 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Have a serpent coming looking forward to trying it out.
Old 02-28-2012, 07:15 AM
Tech Initiate

Buddies, this is just a temporary modify to test some quotes, before last CNC Machine product, that will be as new plate with front ackermann uniballs

With that, i ran half second faster than standard and i was costant trought all 5 minutes.

THIS IS THE WAY!

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/163/fotoux.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/341/foto2mf.jpg/
Old 02-28-2012, 10:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by smokefan
Have a serpent coming looking forward to trying it out.
You're welcome

If I can't help ya at the track, Mr. Crisp and Co. have a ton of information here!
Old 02-28-2012, 10:16 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by brunelli ale
Buddies, this is just a temporary modify to test some quotes, before last CNC Machine product, that will be as new plate with front ackermann uniballs

With that, i ran half second faster than standard and i was costant trought all 5 minutes.

THIS IS THE WAY!

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/163/fotoux.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/341/foto2mf.jpg/
And when exactly will you have mine shipped to me here in Indiana?..hmmm...let me know..
Old 02-28-2012, 10:28 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by NUCRPTRACER
And when exactly will you have mine shipped to me here in Indiana?..hmmm...let me know..

ahahaha....I'll let you know....
Old 02-28-2012, 12:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cwoods34
You're welcome

If I can't help ya at the track, Mr. Crisp and Co. have a ton of information here!
Been reading lol
Old 02-28-2012, 08:30 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Benzaah
I have set up the rack this way and cannot get more than 2mm of shim on the ball ends before they foul the toe plate. Last week without the flipped arms i found a nice sweet spot with 2.5mm of shims albeit the car was a little nervous coming through the sweeper. With the flippded arms have you been running any additional bump steer with any shims under the ball on the steering arm? I was thinking of putting a 1mm shim under the steering post to lift it up a touch but this will negate the arm angle change the arm flipping creates.

I can run at least 3.5mm of shims with a 1mm shim under the suspension bridge, which would get the bridge the closest to the rack and have no interference problems. I haven't ground or filed anything besides the battery tape holder, which has about 1mm of plastic removed that's parallel to the arm at full lock. This is using all stock parts, if your using somebody elses ball and cups, there could be clearance issues...........but I have none to speak of.

As far as bump steer, I run a 1mm spacer on the steering hubs. Also I have now gone back to 1mm on the ackerman, this seems to be the best for our track, others may vary.
Old 02-28-2012, 08:42 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by NUCRPTRACER

Why not just drill your own? I talked to another serpent driver a couple weeks ago about taking a stock rack and doing holes like the upper shock tower, maybe 3 rows deep, and closer together as well.

ooo ooo
ooo ooo
ooo ooo

Something like this. (this dam thing keeps auto aligning the holes, but they should be offset by a row, so it looks like a v pattern)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.