Search
Like Tree16Likes

Serpent S411

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2012, 02:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gearhead_22
i just got the Double joint cardan DJC set (2) (#401445), for my 411 anyone using them yet and how are they in performance?
im running Mod , and we are using Stock software with 3.5T = Fast.
Currently the DCJ's i have not touched since Nov last year. they have a little slop in them, but after first usage, i replaced pins, and nothing changed, so i take it that is how they are. no failures, so far. but i did Dremmel the back side of the C Hub to fit them in with out any binding. Performance wise, i think they feel smoother, but for the track i run at, its not so much required. the std CV's do well also.

Today i tested out the New steering Rack, and the TC springs. Steering rack is different, i think 3 shims is very agressive, so i went back to 2 shims and it feels nice. i have found less front tyre wear , but lap times are no different. TC springs are again very different. i really thaught these were stages inbetween, but i really feel the Grey rears and Green fronts should have come std in the kit. they feel much better than the white yellow orange springs. they are more progressive and grey rear and green fronts the car is just really settled now. everything , DCJ's V2 Rack and TC springs, the car is getting very smooth and is just a way nice ride.
Old 01-29-2012, 06:35 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I know Warrick Hobbies has one in stock. call them.. They are in South Florida http://www.hobbysuperstore.com/

Originally Posted by rdlkgliders
I lost out on my bid for the le, it went for 570.00.....ouch.
If anyone knows of someone selling any s411 let me know or even the best price for a new one in the U.S, also how do I know if I am getting a v2.
I was dead set on a T3 11' with the mods I wanted, now I am hardly tempted by the xray. I guess I am smitten by the snake!
Old 01-29-2012, 09:13 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Hey guys I been doing some reading about this car. Is it correct to say there is a version 1 and a version 2.

If so what are the difference's? and if I buy a new one say from Amain will it be the latest version? any idea's?

Thanks in advance, I'm thinking about sell my brand new Xray T3 2012
to buy this car. Any opinions on that. I've never driven the 2012. Its been a shelf queen since I built it.
Old 01-29-2012, 09:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (95%+)

Originally Posted by Big Midget
Hey guys I been doing some reading about this car. Is it correct to say there is a version 1 and a version 2.

If so what are the difference's? and if I buy a new one say from Amain will it be the latest version? any idea's?

Thanks in advance, I'm thinking about sell my brand new Xray T3 2012
to buy this car. Any opinions on that. I've never driven the 2012. Its been a shelf queen since I built it.
Hi, I bought an s411 le (quranteed to be v2, lol, and comes with tools and orange anodized parts ) and the xray 2012, I built this one first and ran it, on a track with 95 percent xray, and now I am selling the xray, this car is really good, also helps I race at the same track as martin crisp so his input is priceless everything he told me to do, made the car easier and faster to drive, so my decision was made to keep this car, last i checked most of the hobby stores have the v2 kit now, but to make sure just ask if it as the v2 motor mount (two piece) and the 2.25mm bottom chassis, this way you know you got a v2, but the le is the best deal out there, tools, extra gear diff, carbon battery holders, and the orange anodizing,
Old 01-29-2012, 01:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Hay Patto where did you find the new steering rack? Or they for drivers only at the moment, I have not been able to find one yet
Old 01-29-2012, 01:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 87 (100%+)
Default option parts

Hey guys, check the for sale section search s411, I have a killer price on a option parts package all nip. Flex top deck, alum. Rear drive shaft set, 3.5 rear block, delirn front spool outdrives etc...
thanks
Old 01-29-2012, 02:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mattwoodcraft
Hay Patto where did you find the new steering rack? Or they for drivers only at the moment, I have not been able to find one yet
there maybe more coming either this week or next.
Old 01-29-2012, 06:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)
Default new s411 LE

Thank You Zaraz.
does anyone have any servo suggestions.
I run a DX3R PRO
thanks
Old 01-29-2012, 06:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pattojnr
there maybe more coming either this week or next.
Got mine yesterday-thanks Paul..
Old 01-29-2012, 11:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Originally Posted by zaraz
to make sure just ask if it as the v2 motor mount (two piece) and the 2.25mm bottom chassis, this way you know you got a v2
Sorry but this is wrong information as no version has come with the V2 motor mount as standard. 2.25 chassis yes. Both motor mount versions are 2 piece

The V1 chassis will look like this with the cut outs on the battery side

And the new chassis has smooth sides like this. http://rcmarket.com.hk/popup_image.p...935b1h58g33ub1

Sorry i cannot direct link to RCMarket
Old 01-30-2012, 07:33 AM
Tech Rookie

Guys I have an LE edition and in the process of put it together. The build has been perfect so far but my rear up rights are binding and tight on the rear wishbone. Anybody have to shave or dremel in this area to free up?
Old 01-30-2012, 07:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (95%+)

Originally Posted by Benzaah
Sorry but this is wrong information as no version has come with the V2 motor mount as standard. 2.25 chassis yes. Both motor mount versions are 2 piece

The V1 chassis will look like this with the cut outs on the battery side

And the new chassis has smooth sides like this. http://rcmarket.com.hk/popup_image.p...935b1h58g33ub1

Sorry i cannot direct link to RCMarket
sorry i ment 2 piece motor mount, the v2 is a one piece mount and is only purchased seperately
Old 01-30-2012, 09:54 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

If you had no shocks what would be a good option for this car?
I have some xray adjustables and some tamiya trf 415 blues, the tamiyas were not a good fit for my xray I don't know about this car.
I would like a servo suggestion too. (fitment issues?)
Old 01-30-2012, 10:02 AM
Tech Adept

I would suggest to run it as it is 1st and only remove some material off if it is still binding after the initial run.

Originally Posted by ZORO1
Guys I have an LE edition and in the process of put it together. The build has been perfect so far but my rear up rights are binding and tight on the rear wishbone. Anybody have to shave or dremel in this area to free up?
Old 01-30-2012, 10:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)
Default carpet static

hello fellow snake owners,
has anyone had static issues with their car? i just sent my 5th tekin rs esc in because it blew a phase. the only thing we can come up with at the track is, static. i have been shocked a few times after a run when i pick my car up. im running 5mm ride height front and rear. one layer of servo tape for the esc. ive gone through 2 rs pro's, and 3 rs's.

now, im not the only one with this issue. a 12th scale guy just went through his 3rd tekin in a month. a xray t3'11 went through several as well. and my buddy yellowfiveo (also a rc tech memebr) has the s411 and blew his esc last friday. the track owner has had several esc's fail as well. to sum up, about 6 of us.

the shortcourse trucks, stadium trucks, and the majority of vta are NOT having this issue.

since there are some really good guys on this thread, i figure i'd start here.

i heard that a piece of steel mesh sandwiched between two pieces of servo tape will help discharge any static build up.

not sure if its a tekin issue or (for sure) a static issue.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.