Search
Like Tree16Likes

Serpent S411

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2012, 10:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
So are you still testing or did you run it at one of the club races? If so which class, stock or ss?
I've club raced the Serpents in S & SS (I have 2). I find them easy to drive hard, they never seem to step out on our bumpy track, very direct feeling similar to the TC6 except more steering. It's a little weird really, they're just so planted. I'm running the 2.25 chassis, one piece motor mount and 2.0-2.0 front mounts on both.
Old 01-09-2012, 11:04 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt Howard
I found an orange Yeah Racing fan while browsing rcmarket, looks pretty sweet on the S411 LE if you ask me
Yes sir I agree. I bought the same one for my LE too
Hopefully I'll start building the car soon.
Old 01-10-2012, 02:41 AM
Tech Regular

Hi guys,

Last weekend I went to North Cyprus for indoor Carpet race. It was my debut race with Serpent 411. Car was a joy. I mostly tried to find more rear grip and every setup change responded very well. Competition was tough with about 40 drivers. At the end, I TQ'ed the race, but had motor issues in the first 2 finals...
We changed the motor for the 3. final and I broke 5 min. record and lap record of the track. Here are the results of the race:

http://www.myrcm.ch/cy/team-ncrc/201...IED/index.html

Here is the video of the 3rd final:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5T5i...ature=youtu.be

Mustafa ALP
Old 01-10-2012, 06:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

nice drive car looked real smooth out there.
Old 01-10-2012, 11:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default setup from Hudy Race

Hi,

I had the opportunity this past weekend to race at the Hudy Race in St. Louis. It was not a big race, but Paul Lemeiux was there along with Andrew Hardman and Drew Ellis, so it was an awesome chance to get some serious testing/tuning done.

The grip was good, and I tried many variations of setups. The car was awesome through chicanes and on corner entry, but lacked a little steering mid corner and corner exit, but it is very close to where I wanted it to be. Paul's best lap was 9.2, Andrew 9.3 and I was 9.4. Paul and I both broke in the main (the boards did not move and the track had no flappers), so Andrew took the victory with Drew second, but more importantly it was a great test session and a track with grip similar to the snowbirds race.

The setup I ended up with is attached below.
Attached Thumbnails Serpent S411-martin-serpent-s411-hudy-race-jan-9-2012.jpg  
Old 01-10-2012, 12:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Martin Crisp
Hi,

I had the opportunity this past weekend to race at the Hudy Race in St. Louis. It was not a big race, but Paul Lemeiux was there along with Andrew Hardman and Drew Ellis, so it was an awesome chance to get some serious testing/tuning done.

The grip was good, and I tried many variations of setups. The car was awesome through chicanes and on corner entry, but lacked a little steering mid corner and corner exit, but it is very close to where I wanted it to be. Paul's best lap was 9.2, Andrew 9.3 and I was 9.4. Paul and I both broke in the main (the boards did not move and the track had no flappers), so Andrew took the victory with Drew second, but more importantly it was a great test session and a track with grip similar to the snowbirds race.

The setup I ended up with is attached below.
Thanks for the info but your set-up sheet is kinda to small to read.
Old 01-10-2012, 12:18 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Man where are the parts for this car, is this going to be like their buggy no parts for a few months? nobody has the v2 motor mount, dcj's 2mm tuning top deck, and the carbon battery holders. if anyone knows where i can get these please let me know.
Old 01-10-2012, 12:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jekyll08
Man where are the parts for this car, is this going to be like their buggy no parts for a few months? nobody has the v2 motor mount, dcj's 2mm tuning top deck, and the carbon battery holders. if anyone knows where i can get these please let me know.
I just received my DCJ's from rcmarket, not sure if they have the other stuff you were looking for though.
Old 01-10-2012, 01:03 PM
Tech Elite

Paul C says a order should be in in the next couple days.
Old 01-10-2012, 01:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Email me and I can point you in the right direction.

[email protected]
Old 01-10-2012, 06:44 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Which servo is everyone using? I have a Savox 1258TG lying around but it's a bit too big. I'm likely to use a Savox 1251MG instead.

Thanks,
Jim
Old 01-10-2012, 06:47 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Jim Frahm
Which servo is everyone using? I have a Savox 1258TG lying around but it's a bit too big. I'm likely to use a Savox 1251MG instead.

Thanks,
Jim
I've got a 1251 in mine and it works fine, really nice servo
Old 01-10-2012, 07:28 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by dawgmeat
Thanks for the info but your set-up sheet is kinda to small to read.
Larger http://www.petitrc.com/reglages/serp...109/index.html

Last edited by Arn0; 01-10-2012 at 08:18 PM.
Old 01-11-2012, 02:27 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

You can get them from us as well http://www.evilhobbyshop.com

V2 motor mount in stock.
new flex top deck in stock
carbon holders in stock.
LE in stock
Old 01-11-2012, 02:34 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BCDK
Hi.

We - my son is the driver and I'm the mechanic - are also driving the DJC axles, and we are driving modified on carpet. We allways use the spool in the front.

We also have the same experience than others, when switching to DJC axles: better cornering. Allmost over-cornering. We have tried several things to avoid this over-cornering and find, that adjusting the oil in the rear diff helps a lot. Earlier we used 800 cst - now 1200 cst or thicker.

Also reducing the droop in the rear is one thing to play with, if you have too much corner entering.

We don't like to change too much on camber/caster, as sometimes the tyre wear go crazy. Especially LRP CPX tires, which are often used in Europe, don't like too much camber, as they pretty soon will make a heavy groove on the inside.

The Serpent S411 is a car, which has a lot of steering in every part of the corner at every speed. As a newcomer it is pretty hard to deal with, as the car is steering immidately, when you touch yor steeirng wheel at your transmitter. It reacts quickly and therefore for a newcomer a bit too nervous. As an experienced driver it is superb, and often just want you want or need. I never ever worked on a car with that kind of steering.

Some drivers complains over less rear grip. I don't think, the problem is in the rear but in the front. They have a setup on their cars with too much front grip.

Our overall experience is, that with the DJC axles - beside the less chattering - you increase the steering, and you can drive with less steering output on your transmitter.

The need of DJC axles depents on, what you want from the car. The wear of both types of axles are allmost like zero. As I wrote, we drive modified on carpet, and we have no play in the axles at all. Superb quality. Big A with several +

By the way - the delrin outdrives aren't designed for using on carpets. We drive the stock steel ones, and a tip: we have put a foil over the outdrives and then filled some black grease into them to avoid wearing. Works perfect.

Just my experience to the steering of the S411.
True on the delrin outdrives. also the diameter is larges so you need to be very carefull how much teh upper link stud goes in.

one of the biggest mistake people do is have their epa and dual rate for steering opened up too much. the reason s411 has alot of steering is because you can drive it with very little dual rate at the maximum epa. I was at around 70 % dual rate and I believe Mustafa was running even lower.

this saves your axles and reduces chatter. we were using standard axles and we had more than enough steering already. I think I can go down to 60% dual rate when I get used to the car more. (maybe even less if you are running DJC)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.