Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
lots of money = champion?? >

lots of money = champion??

lots of money = champion??

Old 08-13-2004, 02:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally posted by Evicerator
I think people forget alot of the time that sponsored drivers get lots of $$ in equipment because they're good... not the other way around

But yeah, it does take alot of equipment/$$ to do well... that's what happens... you use stuff up in racing... *shrug*
summs it up! you dont get the stuff unless your good! Or if you have loads of money to spend. Anyone can get the stuff the pros are using if there willing to pay enough. Plain and simple, money makes the world go round.
Old 08-13-2004, 02:31 PM
Tech Regular

yes it does man.....along with one other thing......(meow)
Old 08-13-2004, 02:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

I have raced as an independent and made A-mains on every level except international and I have never lost a race because someone spent more money than I did. I bought good equipment and maintained it very well but everytime I lost was because someone either had better luck, better setup, or simply out drove me.

The amount you need to spend is dependant on the level of competition where you are at. If you are getting beat by a couple of laps each race and you are on the line and not crashing, you might need to spend some money, if your crashing all the time or just generally not in control of your car, you could spend $10,000 on your stuff and not be fast.
Old 08-14-2004, 12:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Just because you have Kinwalds truck doesn't mean you can keep all the wheels on the ground. I believe its a combination of driver skill and physical stuff.

I think of it like this (kinwald as an example). You drive kinwalds truck and He drives the traxxas Rustler (box stock) To make it fair speed and power wise, you each have the same motor and battery. Even if you roll you roll his car a couple times, odds are that you will still probably beat him simply because of the far superior equipment that his car has. So in this case, it is because of the equipment....and for you, the coin dropped to achieve that.
Old 08-14-2004, 12:35 AM
Tech Adept

lol im afraid so !! My parents kill me wen I have to buy all this stuff for a race just to try to be competitive..
Old 08-14-2004, 02:05 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by mafiaracers
I think of it like this (kinwald as an example). You drive kinwalds truck and He drives the traxxas Rustler (box stock) To make it fair speed and power wise, you each have the same motor and battery. Even if you roll you roll his car a couple times, odds are that you will still probably beat him simply because of the far superior equipment that his car has. So in this case, it is because of the equipment....and for you, the coin dropped to achieve that.
OTHER WAY AROUND....

You roll Kinwalds truck against him PERIOD...he'll beat you (most likely on the track but if he decides to get psychical you better run...LOL)
Old 08-14-2004, 03:39 AM
Tech Master

Money does not = champion.
For example: Give Hara any reasonable car and equipment and he will still beat you, no matter how much money you spend on your stuff.
Old 08-14-2004, 10:33 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by micros_rock
Money does not = champion.
For example: Give Hara any reasonable car and equipment and he will still beat you, no matter how much money you spend on your stuff.
He may be able to beat you at the club level, but having a out of date car is a huge handycap when you get to the bigger races.
Old 08-14-2004, 11:12 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by rcguy2477
He may be able to beat you at the club level, but having a out of date car is a huge handycap when you get to the bigger races.
Hence, I used the word "reasonable."
Old 08-14-2004, 03:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

How about this one. You vs. Pavidas. Both cars have the same ESC, Reciever, Servo, Motor, Battery and gear ratio. He run the T2 and you run the T4. Who wins?
Old 08-14-2004, 03:42 PM
Tech Elite

Pavidis would probably beat most other pro drivers, including his own AE teammates, given that scenario.
Old 08-14-2004, 03:49 PM
Tech Master

give Hara any car for that matter he would still own
Old 08-14-2004, 04:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

Well one thing is for sure this hobby/sport is expensive.
If you dont have the money to practice or race alot you will not be a champion. You also need good gear to be at the top of the heap even at a local level. Not the best but good.

Even good gear is costly.
For example tires, batteries and motor are a must for sedan at least.

I wish Spec or cost control classes were more popular at least here in California.

I was very suprised to see classes like Trinity's Spec Sedan class have such a low success.

I know of many hobbies/sports that offer more action than RC racing for less or the same money. I think that if this sport wants to keep some and gain new customers it should focus on the cost of this hobby/sport.
Old 08-14-2004, 05:07 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by mafiaracers
How about this one. You vs. Pavidas. Both cars have the same ESC, Reciever, Servo, Motor, Battery and gear ratio. He run the T2 and you run the T4. Who wins?
PADVIS...Simply because he can drive better!
Old 08-14-2004, 06:05 PM
WC
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

If you're racing, "Speed Costs".

That rule will never be broken.

Originally posted by ScaleSpeed
I wish Spec or cost control classes were more popular at least here in California.

I was very suprised to see classes like Trinity's Spec Sedan class have such a low success.
Two main reasons why Spec sounds like a good idea, but never works out the way intended:

1) Spec stuff is crap for the $$ asked for it.

Its a monopoly, so the sole supplier can sell you anything they like & whack the 'Spec' sticker on it, 'cos you just *have* to buy it.

2) Money = Spec Champion too

A few races into the season, you'll soon find some racers buying cases and cases of spec battery packs, spec motors... why? So that they can run them through their testers & dynos to find the 'better' ones.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.