Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
PROJECT: Nitro kart ..... turnigy ...  :D >

PROJECT: Nitro kart ..... turnigy ... :D

PROJECT: Nitro kart ..... turnigy ... :D

Old 01-24-2012, 11:53 PM
Tech Rookie

[QUOTE=sly6t;10216095]cant wait to see the pics bro you will put up .. and to see lil changes u will make .. also gunna be good to see how the drive train holds up with the foamies + NOVA .......... if i was u , i would buy a few extra belts and main gears (cos there cheap as ) from hobbyking just incase ya need em .. nothing worst than breaking sumthing then the wait for parts.

cant wait ... lol[/

I ordered the extra belts and gears back in DEC/11 I new they would be needed. Thinkig of converting to chain, but thats going to be awhile. I'll wait till I burnout what I have before starting on that setup. I cut out some 2.5mm aluminum for the engine plate, mangled it with a dremal but its on and will do for now. I'm going to have to find a shop to machine that part for me. Hopefully I'll get some pics up soon.
Old 01-25-2012, 01:41 PM
Tech Rookie

[ATTACH]PROJECT: Nitro kart ..... turnigy ...  :D-dscn0039.jpg

PROJECT: Nitro kart ..... turnigy ...  :D-dscn0040.jpg

PROJECT: Nitro kart ..... turnigy ...  :D-dscn0042.jpg

PROJECT: Nitro kart ..... turnigy ...  :D-dscn0044.jpg

PROJECT: Nitro kart ..... turnigy ...  :D-dscn0046.jpg[/ATTACH]

Here are some pics of the basic setup, the engine is a Novarrossi CX12 with a Dark Metal aluminum Roto. I use to race it in my nitro Bike, the pipe was from a modified bike I had. the servo's are the HK ones that come with the Kart, I took them off my son's karts. I swapped out the servo's on my son's kart and put some hobbypartz servo's. I believe there Pro-T, looks like you used the same servo's. I'm still waiting for the brake parts, I ran it for a bit without the brake today. Just wanted to see how it rolled it did fine.The four stroke is what I would like to put in it, maybe later some vid's to come.
Old 01-25-2012, 01:49 PM
Tech Rookie

Here' a pic of the Roto starter.

PROJECT: Nitro kart ..... turnigy ...  :D-dscn0041.jpg
Old 01-25-2012, 05:37 PM
Tech Rookie

I made a test video today but can't post it. This site says I don't have enough post to use URL'S from another site. You would think they would allow youtube.
Old 01-26-2012, 12:52 AM
Tech Regular

sick as bro .... awsome ...AND now there was TWO lol .... cat wait to see it all finished with brakes and every thing ...

heres ya vid il post it for u

+ http://youtu.be/jdK1nX3RpSM " title="View this video at YouTube in a new window or tab" target="_blank">YouTube Video
http://youtu.be/jdK1nX3RpSM "> http://youtu.be/jdK1nX3RpSM " /> ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

you have got me in tho mood to get mine going ... il have a go tomoor and might make a vid see if i can get it going .
Old 01-29-2012, 09:02 PM
Tech Regular

pump start box died on the weekend , one of the 2 motors is burnt out . so i could not get the kart running this weekend , might re-wire it to just use one of the motors but dunno ... gunna start looking for a pull or roto engine for it i think , just wanna drive the thing ..

was just looking at your roto .. do they go onto bump start engines ????? hmmmmmm
Old 01-29-2012, 11:44 PM
Tech Rookie

You have to have a pull start type motor. I think you can pickup the roto at gotnitro.com.
Old 01-30-2012, 01:21 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by DLAWW
You have to have a pull start type motor. I think you can pickup the roto at gotnitro.com.
sweet , yeah thought ya needed a roto engine .. but it is a very flash lil alloy unit they make . il try and get my bump box going ..

plus with a side exhaust engine like your running you do have a heap more room than i did ..
Old 01-31-2012, 04:18 PM
Tech Rookie

I Pm'd you with another video excuse the quality from my cheap Sunglass video camera. My two son's were driving there electric Karts all of them need more setup time. Post video please.