Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Novak GTX

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2006, 12:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I'm not familiar with your radio so I don't know if there's a calibration you can perform yourself or if it has to be done by a service technician... you might try adjusting the endpoints of that channel for now and see if you can find a setting that gets the job done.

D
Old 02-08-2006, 12:26 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Trouble with my GTX

I did try to practice again yesterday after several months without.....
But my GTX did work properly just a few laps, then it started to not feed the motor anymore, and finally it was all stop. The lights on the speedo lights just right.......when I hit the radio full throotle it lights up and the same when I hit the brake, the brake lights come on..........My motor are OK, I did take it out and run it on my charger =?

Anyone have a clue about this ??? Looks like the power doesn't get out to the motor ???

Thanks
Old 02-13-2006, 09:13 AM
Tech Apprentice

BUMP

Anyone ???
Old 02-13-2006, 09:27 AM
The Evicerator

Tor,

It looks like you might have damaged your ESC. I recommend calling or emailing Novak about it.

[email protected]
Old 02-14-2006, 01:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks Steve !
Old 03-17-2006, 10:16 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Can anyone suggest a good profile for 19t touring?
Old 03-17-2006, 01:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well I don't race 19t, I only race Mod, but I think profile 3 - the stock setting would be a good place to start. Depending on your track size, layout and surface. I would experiment with them if I were you, but I'd say profile 1, 2 or 3 would be the way to go.
Old 03-17-2006, 01:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

program your #7 profile to this:

Drive frequency: use setting 1 (1.5 kHz) or 2 (2.5 kHz)... 1 will have a little more punch than 2, but will be harder on your motor.

Min Drive: default is setting 2, which is 3%, you can probably have good results with settings 3 and 4, which are 5% and 8% respectively...and if you REALLY feel like you need your low end response to hit harder you can try setting 5 which is 12%

Brake Frequency: I would recommend just sticking with the default setting of 3 which is 3.5 kHz.

Dead band: Default is setting 3 which is 4%, if you go to 1 (2%)or 2 (3%) the throttle might feel a little too touchy... so I would experiment with your drive frequencies and minimum drive values before I messed around with the dead band much.
Old 03-17-2006, 04:16 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Thanks Guys!!
Old 04-07-2006, 09:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jw92656
I looked through each of the postings, but did not see this question asked unless I missed it. The GTX has two brake styles 1. Minimum Brake 2. Drag Brake. Can anyone explain how each one functions ? I love this product, and know there is awesome support, but there are no descriptions as to what each setting does. Once I understand the brakes, I would love to know what the other settings achieve like Drive Frequency, Minimum Drive Percentage, Minimum Brake Percentage, and Dead Band ??? Can describe this to a newbie ? Thanks

jw drag brake eliminates "neutral", and instead applies a set (user programmed) amount of brakes.. mine is set for drag brake minimum 20%. so when i let off the throttle it automatically applies 20% brakes... as you give it more brakes it applies from 20%up to 100%. that make any sense? with drag brake there is no coasting...
Old 04-19-2006, 11:10 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Braking

Hi

Sorry to jump in here, but I was gonna ask the question anyway and I see that it's on topic, cool

Ok, so I understand what drag braking is. The other option on the GTX is standard braking. Does that mean the ESC doesn't apply any braking unless you hit the brakes? If that's the case, wouldn't it have been simpler to eliminate the two kinds of braking and just have drag brake at 0% ?

Don't get me wrong, I love my gtx but I'm not sure I understand what standard braking is for
Old 04-19-2006, 12:02 PM
Tech Master

I'm pretty sure when the drag brake is set to 0% then it's the same as standard braking. Standard braking is like you said where it only applies breaks when you use them on the radio. It's simpler to have the 2 types of breaking because for all the preset profiles on the esc they use standard braking, on those profiles you can't adjust the individual parameters on them. If you want to use the drag brake you use the customizable 7th profile where everything can be adjusted seperately. Hope this makes sense
Old 04-19-2006, 01:06 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Braking

I think you can set the braking for profiles 1-6. If you're in profile 3 for example, and you hold in the setup button untill the blue and amber lights come on, you can set the drag brake percentage. According to the instructions it also stores brake settings for each of the 7 profiles. You can also change your standard braking percentage though, so perhaps standard braking isn't quite the same as 0% drag brake.

Still kinda confused
Old 04-19-2006, 01:15 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Braking

Ahah! I think I've figured it out

Standard braking is indeed no braking at neutral but you can set the minimum percentage. So if you're on 50% standard braking and your finger so much as touches the brakes, atleast 50% brakes will be applied.

With drag braking you also set the percentage, the difference is this percentage of braking is applied in neutral.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 04-19-2006, 10:19 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by stridervc
Ahah! I think I've figured it out

Standard braking is indeed no braking at neutral but you can set the minimum percentage. So if you're on 50% standard braking and your finger so much as touches the brakes, atleast 50% brakes will be applied.

With drag braking you also set the percentage, the difference is this percentage of braking is applied in neutral.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.
That sounds right.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.