Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Mugen Sponsored drivers >

Mugen Sponsored drivers

Mugen Sponsored drivers

Old 01-23-2011, 09:42 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Riketsu
I also have no doubt that when he gets the ground on the new cars, he will be much more faster than before.
That maybe true but how are you going to prove it? He was 2nd at the last WC with the 4. Anything short of a win at Homestead will make it appear that he is slower and I don't care how good the car is, winning a WC with a car you have only even had for a few weeks is going to be tough.

Maybe he will win the Winternats. If he does, so what? He always wins the winternats. What if he doesn't? People will say he is slower.

My predictions: TC he will have some better results simply for driving a more reliable car. 1/8th, he has won everything there is to win short of a WC so it is going to be VERY tough to top his Mugen success, even if the car is better.
Old 01-23-2011, 10:05 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

It doesn't matter because the fastest car does not always win. Collari never tq'd at any of the worlds races but no one can match his pace for 60 mins. Collari has the smoothest driving line of all the other racers and he wins the races in the pits. Collari just beat Robert at a race that they had in fl not to long ago. He didn't go to the pre worlds nor did bertin. So in the end kyosho will do like they always do and win the worlds and dominate the 1/8 scale class. Sorry maybe they can try again in 2013. The only way collari loses is if he breaks and that is something he hardly ever does. It doesn't matter that the other teams are bring x2 the among of drivers that kyosho is bringing to race. Collari, shimo, bertin= big 3. One of those guys will win the race. Kyosho= Jimmie johnson 5 in a row baby!!!!!!!!! Go team red
Old 01-23-2011, 10:12 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by HoboShop
Collari, shimo, bertin= big 3. One of those guys will win the race.
I hear Bertin isn't signed up for the race.

Also, Collari has one WC's with BMT and Serpent. Bertin won a WC with a Mugen.
Old 01-23-2011, 10:20 AM
Tech Elite

he's not the only one racing there are other fast guys going right
Old 01-23-2011, 10:35 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by HoboShop
It doesn't matter because the fastest car does not always win. Collari never tq'd at any of the worlds races but no one can match his pace for 60 mins. Collari has the smoothest driving line of all the other racers and he wins the races in the pits. Collari just beat Robert at a race that they had in fl not to long ago. He didn't go to the pre worlds nor did bertin. So in the end kyosho will do like they always do and win the worlds and dominate the 1/8 scale class. Sorry maybe they can try again in 2013. The only way collari loses is if he breaks and that is something he hardly ever does. It doesn't matter that the other teams are bring x2 the among of drivers that kyosho is bringing to race. Collari, shimo, bertin= big 3. One of those guys will win the race. Kyosho= Jimmie johnson 5 in a row baby!!!!!!!!! Go team red
You know what? You talk too much, have been observing you on your every post, and I got PM's from people who know you that all you do is talk, anyway it will be an american that will win the race in the worlds here, and it is definitely not YOU,
Old 01-23-2011, 10:52 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Android
anyway it will be an american that will win the race in the worlds here,
I hope you're right but that's going to be tough seeing as how two of the best US drivers (Swauger and Burch) are switching to a brand new car that they haven't even seen yet and a third will not even be there. Then there is a fourth that has the car, ability, knowledge and experience to do it but I'm not sure he has the motor for Homestead.

As much as I hate to say it, looks like a Collari vs Pietsch kinda battle.
Old 01-23-2011, 11:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by wingracer
I hope you're right but that's going to be tough seeing as how two of the best US drivers (Swauger and Burch) are switching to a brand new car that they haven't even seen yet and a third will not even be there. Then there is a fourth that has the car, ability, knowledge and experience to do it but I'm not sure he has the motor for Homestead.

As much as I hate to say it, looks like a Collari vs Pietsch kinda battle.
I think America's got a pretty good shot, Paolo was on fire that last state race at homestead when Collari came... Yes Xray will have a totally new car, but they will have many hours on it before the race. Lets also not forget about Lemieux, Cyrul, Apolaro etc. each one of these guys are more than capable it just comes down to who's got the better Car/Engine combo, drive line, strategy, and consistency. American drivers also have the home track advantage
Old 01-23-2011, 11:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

You know what? You talk too much, have been observing you on your every post, and I got PM's from people who know you that all you do is talk, anyway it will be an american that will win the race in the worlds here, and it is definitely not YOU,
Who are you??
Old 01-23-2011, 11:12 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by D-nicest
I think America's got a pretty good shot, Paolo was on fire that last state race at homestead when Collari came... Yes Xray will have a totally new car, but they will have many hours on it before the race. Lets also not forget about Lemieux, great driver but not much 1/8th experience plus an untested car Cyrul, he was in my list but not named. I just don't know if OS can cut it at a track like Homestead. Apolaro great guy, good driver but not quite WC level IMO, plus a new untested car. etc. each one of these guys are more than capable it just comes down to who's got the better Car/Engine combo, drive line, strategy, and consistency. American drivers also have the home track advantage
We had the home track advantage in 2003 too. Guess who won that one

I think Xray's best shot is if you are driving one. You going?
Old 01-23-2011, 11:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

lol i think we've gotten way faster since 03 but I guess we'll have to just wait and see. I wish I was going, but doesn't look like I will be
Old 01-23-2011, 11:20 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Riketsu
I am pretty sure that Mike's reasons to changing to Xray are personal and have nothing to do with more money.

I also have no doubt that when he gets the ground on the new cars, he will be much more faster than before.

NT1 a copy of MTX4?? Don't think so... I have had both cars and they are nothing alike... For the untrained eye, yes, they might seem "similar". But, aren't all current cars similar??

Robert Pietsch might go fast on quals, but on the long race his luck seems to run out...
great point ...the untrained eye may not see the diffrence.....maybe some should look closer and see the diffrence in the cars on the market...it is a great line up ....this year should be very fun to watch........dont list your predictions...let them run their own psych......besides I will be there and still dont want to predict any winners i personaly like to see it...
Old 01-23-2011, 11:31 AM
Tech Master

In 2003 I saw Ralph Burch walk away from L. Collari, but Ralph had engine problems and that ended his race. The point is that there is guys that can run pace with Collari.
Old 01-23-2011, 11:32 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by D-nicest
Who are you??
I think thats Sam.
Old 01-23-2011, 11:37 AM
Tech Regular

Other Teams that are strong include:

Mugen= Robert Peitsch, Fukuda, Rick V
XRAY= Mike Swauger,Ralph Burch,Fantini,Lamieux,Hudy's
Serpent=Salven,Kimbrow,Morganti,Green,Sahashi,
Shepher=Ielasi,Schafer,Cyrul,Groskamp,
Old 01-23-2011, 11:41 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

First of all who are you??? You been observing my every post, don't watch me watch tv!!!! You say you got pms about me just because I talk to you thar doesn't mean that you know me nobody knows me. I don't take shots at anybody I talk only about Rc which is a hobby that I enjoy. And if you and your pm buddies don't like me don't talk behind my back bust a move when you see me I am not hard to find infact I will (pm) my address!!!!! Don't smile in my face and talk shit behind my back. You don't know me nor do your buddies so don't talk shots at me keep it Rc. By thd way my name is dock what's yours???? You better chill out!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.