Community
Wiki Posts
Search

does anyone have or no how Piston Sleeve Pincher works

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2011, 04:40 AM
Tech Adept

Default does anyone have or no how Piston Sleeve Pincher works

Hi people does anyone here know how a Piston Sleeve Pincher works I was thinking of getting one but don't know how they work

Thanks people.
Old 01-14-2011, 05:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kyoshoevolvam3
Hi people does anyone here know how a Piston Sleeve Pincher works I was thinking of getting one but don't know how they work

Thanks people.
First I'll start with an image:

kyoshoevolvam3, meet Search button, Search button meet kyoshoevolvam3.

The next time you have a question about RC related... 98% of the time it has already been answered already numerous times and discussed thoroughly.

Also, there's no need to open a thread for EVERY question you have, and name that thread "WHOLE QUESTION HERE".

For instance, if you want to know if a sleeve of a 35 plus fits a Cordoba, you should find the NOVAROSSI Engines thread in the NITRO engine section.

Or for example, if you want to know if something from a Kyosho Inferno 7.5 fits the Kyosho 777, you should probably find the thread of Kyosho 777.

Out of 105 posts, 61 are new threads and threads that could've been posted in their respective thread.

But to answer your question... Sleeve pinching never works.
Old 01-14-2011, 05:38 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Riketsu

The next time you have a question about RC related... 98% of the time it has already been answered already numerous times and discussed thoroughly.

Also, there's no need to open a thread for EVERY question you have, and name that thread "WHOLE QUESTION HERE".

For instance, if you want to know if a sleeve of a 35 plus fits a Cordoba, you should find the NOVAROSSI Engines thread in the NITRO engine section.

Or for example, if you want to know if something from a Kyosho Inferno 7.5 fits the Kyosho 777, you should probably find the thread of Kyosho 777.

Out of 105 posts, 61 are new threads and threads that could've been posted in their respective thread.

AND WHO THE HELL MADE YOU THE BOSS OF RC TECH.....SMART ASS IDIOT!!!!
Old 01-14-2011, 05:49 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Motonica#1
AND WHO THE HELL MADE YOU THE BOSS OF RC TECH.....SMART ASS IDIOT!!!!
Thanks for your input mate, you didn't answer his question.
Old 01-14-2011, 05:55 AM
Tech Lord

And the worst thing is that he always has something different than advised in his last topic.....

Pinching is just using a clamp with some force re-shaping the sleeve to a smaller diameter.

At the better hardware store you can find these:

Works perfectly (if you know how)
Old 01-14-2011, 06:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default sleeve

I have to agree with Riketsu to a point. Kyoshoevlam3 has posted so many questions that have already been answered already, and a lot of them are just common sense questions. I did not tell him, but "recommended" to him that if he has mutilple questions, and especially the same day, he should <1> start off with a search for an answer,<2> post in the correct forum,<3> or at least ask all the questions under one post. Its obvious that he is few new to the hobby, which is fine, we all start new at one time or another, but I have noticed when people take the time to answer his questions, he does not seem to take the majorities advise. Not picking or ragging on anyone, just things I have noticed sense he started asking so many questions.
Old 01-14-2011, 06:38 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by brc358
I have to agree with Riketsu to a point. Kyoshoevlam3 has posted so many questions that have already been answered already, and a lot of them are just common sense questions. I did not tell him, but "recommended" to him that if he has mutilple questions, and especially the same day, he should <1> start off with a search for an answer,<2> post in the correct forum,<3> or at least ask all the questions under one post. Its obvious that he is few new to the hobby, which is fine, we all start new at one time or another, but I have noticed when people take the time to answer his questions, he does not seem to take the majorities advise. Not picking or ragging on anyone, just things I have noticed sense he started asking so many questions.
+1...

Yeah what I said... but forgot to sugar coated it...

My apologies for that.

Imagine if all new to the hobby make threads for every single question... It'd be like a For Sale forum with a new thread each second.

But anyways, ask away, just check if there is a thread that might fit instead of a new thread.
Old 01-14-2011, 06:50 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

+1...

My apologies for that.

Imagine if all new to the hobby make threads for every single question... It'd be like a For Sale forum with a new thread each second.

But anyways, ask away, just check if there is a thread that might fit instead of a new thread.
Fair enough, just a bit harsh maybe, we are all just here for the same thing we love racing rc cars, let's all be nice.
Old 01-14-2011, 06:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default Kyosho

+1...

My apologies for that.

LOL!
Well actually if he learned the correct way to use the forum, he would be so much better off. Instead of waiting and depending on people to respond to his questions, if he used the search forum the way it was intended, he would be able to find answers to his questions right then and there with out starting another repeated post
Old 01-14-2011, 07:10 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

There is no need for that guys. A simple answer would have been just fine.or point him out to the proper thread.
Old 01-14-2011, 07:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

If you give a man a fish you feed him today, if you teach him to fish you feed him for a lifetime!

I agree that we all should know how to use the search button, maybe it sounded a little harsh, but it was GOOD advice.
Old 01-14-2011, 09:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Doing search is always best. Not only will you find the answer to your questions but so much more info can be learned when sifting thru all of your searches.

I did a search out of almost 1800 posts I've only started 52 posts that includes the forsale forum.

Pass you soon...
Old 01-14-2011, 12:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Roelof
And the worst thing is that he always has something different than advised in his last topic.....

Pinching is just using a clamp with some force re-shaping the sleeve to a smaller diameter.

At the better hardware store you can find these:

Works perfectly (if you know how)
Show us men how to fish.............................
Old 01-14-2011, 01:44 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Wanabrc
Show us men how to fish.............................
Well.... it does take some sleeves to get it perfect but now I know how with some small adapter rings.

Without extra (conical) rings is works perfectly on Force, Alpha and Go engines because the sleeves are soft, the hardest sleeves I have seen were Sirio's
Old 01-15-2011, 07:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)