Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Proposed R.O.A.R. rules change

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2011, 07:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

I will say the F word. Foams are cheaper and last longer.
Old 01-15-2011, 08:10 PM
avs
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by miller tyme
13.5 unboosted is not enough of a step toward mod
agreed.

we seem to be stuck between 2 extremes, mod where speed is limited by skill and stock/spec which is limited by batteryvoltage.

i would suggest that the transition or tween class be fast enough that skill is at least as important as voltage and rotor strenth.
Old 01-15-2011, 08:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by f1larry
Please don not even think of suggesting to bring foam back
I race 12th scale and WGT, foam never left!!! It just stayed on in the "better" classes.

I still can't believe that the guys running the most technically overwhelming, and difficult to maintain chassis are so terrified of having to learn how to tune a speedo

My new proposal to ROAR is to simply leave the pan-car classes open speedo, and take the opinion of the majority of the TC racers and go with that. Just please don't EVER make anyone put a 21.5, boosted or otherwise, in a single cell pan car.
Old 01-15-2011, 08:56 PM
Tech Elite

My class would be 10.5 boosted with foams in a touring car. Thats on asphalt and carpet.
Old 01-15-2011, 10:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by revo61
Old 01-16-2011, 12:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
who used the "F" word...
It was Dirla I think..........yeah I'm sure it was him

Originally Posted by revo61
Cheaper on parts for the newbie who can't get a rubber car to handle.....but that's a dead horse

Originally Posted by CypressMidWest
I race 12th scale and WGT, foam never left!!! It just stayed on in the "better" classes.

I still can't believe that the guys running the most technically overwhelming, and difficult to maintain chassis are so terrified of having to learn how to tune a speedo

My new proposal to ROAR is to simply leave the pan-car classes open speedo, and take the opinion of the majority of the TC racers and go with that. Just please don't EVER make anyone put a 21.5, boosted or otherwise, in a single cell pan car.

Agreed completely
Old 01-16-2011, 02:26 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by miller tyme
It was Dirla I think..........yeah I'm sure it was him
And he only wants to use the "P" word on those "F" words.......
Old 01-16-2011, 05:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Foam is horrible and probably the main reason you never see any US guys winning worlds. That will change soon, im sure- now that we have finally ditched foam.

they do not last longer than rubber= and if you think they do, you weren't running them properly

at least on carpet..
Old 01-16-2011, 06:17 AM
Tech Elite

My track is a parking lot. Rubber tires are good for one maybe two heats and then they have little to no traction. Foams have the same traction up untill the foam is gone from the wheel. You just have to adjust ride height. Foams on touring car about 20 for a set, rubber is 40. We also run 10.5.
Old 01-16-2011, 06:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
IF the issue is simply that the profiles can be altered on the fly from "spec blinky" to another profile and back again. This too can be altered with a quick software update. We could simply NOT allow the user to switch from "blinky spec" to another profile WHILE in blinky mode. And THAT update woud once again be FREE!
TEKIN...IF you do this I only have one suggestion...that instead of blinking lights you have the lights go back an forth a la Knight Rider

Old 01-16-2011, 06:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

That's awesome. If you can do that Tekin, then it must be a requirement to mount the RS so you can see it through the bumper for easy Tech.
Old 01-16-2011, 07:27 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Keith Billanti
Foam is horrible and probably the main reason you never see any US guys winning worlds. That will change soon, im sure- now that we have finally ditched foam.

they do not last longer than rubber= and if you think they do, you weren't running them properly

at least on carpet..
I've done both, and still prefer foam. Maybe it's just Touring Car that's horrible We've been running rubber on asphalt forever in the US, and we still get smoked on asphalt at the Worlds. And hell, they've always run foams in Nitro TC, and we just finally won a 200mm WC, (Way to go Ralph!!). I'm not sure what our problem is, but I don't think it's the fact that we ran Foams.

No biggie though, I just play with TC's. After all these years, I still can't get that into it.
Old 01-16-2011, 07:45 AM
Tech Addict

Foam was fine back when the cars were slower. Now, foam (especially mod) comes apart in a couple of runs. Even in 12th they're mowing the tires down so they're only good for a couple of runs. Run harder rubber and you'll go slow.

There are more ways to slow the motors down than just adding winds. The first thing I would do is try a single wind instead of the doubles. What I think we need is less torque from the motors not less RPM.

Something needs to be done to get onroad back on track before it dies out completely... I really don't want to hear about everyone's local track that's doing great. Fact is that onroad is dieing a slow death and it's going to take changes in order to attract new racers.
Old 01-16-2011, 08:11 AM
Tech Elite

When don't cut ours down at all. When never had those issues with foam when we ran mod.
Old 01-16-2011, 08:55 AM
mok
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PitNamedGordie
TEKIN...IF you do this I only have one suggestion...that instead of blinking lights you have the lights go back an forth a la Knight Rider

dude, seriously.. +1 !!!!!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.