Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing > Australian Events
2011 ORRCA Victoria EP Offroad Drivers Series >

2011 ORRCA Victoria EP Offroad Drivers Series

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2011 ORRCA Victoria EP Offroad Drivers Series

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 03:28 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Points have been updated following the Wodonga round....

http://www.keilorrc.org.au/results/O...s%20Points.pdf
Old 09-15-2011, 03:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

You have 2 Nathan Burges in Short Course
Old 09-15-2011, 03:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Congrats on the win Nathan! Now that he's points total together nicely.
Old 09-16-2011, 12:42 AM
Tech Addict

i say BRING ON KNOX Cant wait for the final round ( need to get rid of the shakes need more racing )
Old 10-30-2011, 10:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default Interclub shield

Hi all,
Just want to know if the interclub shield is going ahead this year at wondonga in december. Need to start planning. Thanks
Old 10-31-2011, 12:37 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by stinky cheese
Hi all,
Just want to know if the interclub shield is going ahead this year at wondonga in december. Need to start planning. Thanks
Hi Cheese..I have spoken to the Wooky and the shield will be run at wodonga on the scheduled date..
Old 10-31-2011, 11:58 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by The Big Show
Hi Cheese..I have spoken to the Wooky and the shield will be run at wodonga on the scheduled date..
Will we be running short course at the shield as well. Personally I think we should.
Old 11-01-2011, 12:45 AM
Tech Regular

Will we be running short course at the shield as well. Personally I think we should.
The ORRCCA reps will talk at Knox.I cant see a problem as long as numbers are good.Ive also been thinking if Bendigo wants a team....They have been regulars on the series...Bendigo guys if your keen let us know at the Coleman...Im also getting the drivers series trophies sorted to be handed out at the ORRCCA shield event at Wodonga...
Old 11-01-2011, 01:50 AM
Tech Master

The ORRCCA reps will talk at Knox.I cant see a problem as long as numbers are good.Ive also been thinking if Bendigo wants a team....They have been regulars on the series...Bendigo guys if your keen let us know at the Coleman...Im also getting the drivers series trophies sorted to be handed out at the ORRCCA shield event at Wodonga...
Well done Big Show
Old 11-01-2011, 01:54 AM
Tech Master

Default Bendigo

If Bendigo became an orrca vic club then that would work out nice. We could still have our four drivers rounds then the fifth club could hold the coleman on a rotating format.
Old 11-01-2011, 02:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

If Bendigo became an orrca vic club then that would work out nice. We could still have our four drivers rounds then the fifth club could hold the coleman on a rotating format.
Or hold the interclub shield at the 5th club and keep the Coleman part of the 4 round series - depends on whether we want an extra meet each year.

Unfortunately the shield is on the same weekend as the truggy / 8th EP nats at sunshine which may affect entries, but looking forward to returning to wodonga!

All for adding 2wd sct, but age old question is: do we add another class or should we remove others (eg combining truck into one class)?

Can we request our orrca Vic reps to consider this for 2012 as well? Would be nice for it to be a state title class not a demo class. Hopefully aarcmcc start to recognise it rather than sweeping it under the carpet.

Ray
Old 11-01-2011, 02:58 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ray_munday
Or hold the interclub shield at the 5th club and keep the Coleman part of the 4 round series - depends on whether we want an extra meet each year.

Unfortunately the shield is on the same weekend as the truggy / 8th EP nats at sunshine which may affect entries, but looking forward to returning to wodonga!

All for adding 2wd sct, but age old question is: do we add another class or should we remove others (eg combining truck into one class)?

Can we request our orrca Vic reps to consider this for 2012 as well? Would be nice for it to be a state title class not a demo class. Hopefully aarcmcc start to recognise it rather than sweeping it under the carpet.

Ray
Personally Ray I would like stock and mod combined to just just truck and make it 10.5 with zero timing speedies just like shirt course. We had close to 50 short course on the weekend and everyone had the same power and it was a great specticle. Not one winge.
Old 11-01-2011, 03:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Personally Ray I would like stock and mod combined to just just truck and make it 10.5 with zero timing speedies just like shirt course. We had close to 50 short course on the weekend and everyone had the same power and it was a great specticle. Not one winge.
Either 10.5 spec or mod (makes it easier for ESCs, motors etc - and they are easier to drive than mod buggies).

At the risk of upsetting people, I like the structure of:
2w: 540, stock, mod
4w: stock, mod
truck - combined 10.5T or mod
2wd SCT - combined 10.5T

(Im still not sure if 4wd SCT should be a regular feature of 1/10 meets due to their weight / power.)

At last years Interclub there were only 3 of us in truck mod - wasnt very exciting racing!

Ray
Old 11-01-2011, 02:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I think this all needs to be decided at the Colman cup. I think bendigo should become an official ORRCA VIC club next year. That way they can run their own event and compete for the shield next year with a full strong team.

My thoughts, I also think SCT is a MUST. Not convinced about combined stock and mod truck, as we are going in completely the wrong direction from AARCMCC. If your talking pure numbers you might need to think about dropping mod classes (just an example not a flame) as the stock numbers are higher at all the Vic rounds.
10 stock trucks at wadonga bash as opposed to 3 mod trucks.
We need to align as close as possible to national rules. There is no point running our own set of rules all year just have issues come National times. Especially if one of the VIC clubs is to host a Nationals at some point in the future.
It would be easier to put a proposal to AARCMCC to make SCT official , and a separate one to dump stock truck if that is they direction we want to head.
I know Bam Bam put together a proposal for SCT and from what I hear it's a really solid starting point.
Unfortunaly (or fotunalty) Vic is really strong in off road EP and has alot of power to swing votes nationally. Whatever we start to implement at other big meets will/may have the effect of starting a snowball interms of classes and class rules. We need to be careful.

Last edited by john watkins; 11-01-2011 at 02:38 PM.
Old 11-01-2011, 02:34 PM
Tech Master

Default Me

Stock truck...........boring

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.