Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
new poll requested by dragracechief .. servos servos servos.... >

new poll requested by dragracechief .. servos servos servos....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: choose your favorite servo company
hitec
42.74%
futaba
9.76%
jr
9.23%
savox
19.53%
ace/associated
6.33%
ko propo
3.96%
airtronics
4.22%
orion
1.85%
spektrum
1.58%
align
0.79%
Voters: 379. You may not vote on this poll

new poll requested by dragracechief .. servos servos servos....

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2011, 10:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NitroXray80809
Why does it seem all losi people use hitec?
And all JQ guys run Savox
Old 01-09-2011, 10:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dragracechief
I'm going with Savox, good performance at a resonable price. Nothing against any of the others as most are very good but I have too look for value and if I can pay less and still get a quality product I will try it. Had good luck with the Ace/ Associated 1015's also and are my spares.
+1
Old 01-09-2011, 10:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC8daBOMB
And all JQ guys run Savox
Not all but most ive seen yes. I guess its kinda funny how it works but it seems what people see in the car as its ran by builder or the main pro is what is chosen i guees. Example jq ran savox in the car during the whole production. Then Adam ran hitec in losi, i guess. For me i have had at least one servo from most companies, and by far jr was the worst ive had but i still use them. They are dependable but wear fast!
Old 01-10-2011, 05:50 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hitec and Futaba for me. My truggy uses the hitecs and buggy Futaba. Never had a problem with either brand. Set your endpoints and linkages correctly and you will not have any problems. I have had JR's , had one die after sitting for a few months.
Old 01-10-2011, 06:30 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

I tried out ampair of hv Savox servos yesterday in my truggy and Thayer work very good. I was impressed compared to the hitec. It felt just as stable and just as much or more in control. These servos seem to be the best bang for your buck. Legs see how long they las in my truggy.
Old 01-10-2011, 11:53 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Not all but most ive seen yes. I guess its kinda funny how it works but it seems what people see in the car as its ran by builder or the main pro is what is chosen i guees. Example jq ran savox in the car during the whole production. Then Adam ran hitec in losi, i guess. For me i have had at least one servo from most companies, and by far jr was the worst ive had but i still use them. They are dependable but wear fast!
I run Losi and Hitec. Problem is I've run Hitec for a lot longer than Drake has. I ran Hitec well before I started running Losi.

Losi cars eat servos right? Isn't that what everyone says? And Losi guys run Hitec? Wonder why that is? Hitec servos = no failures.
Old 01-10-2011, 12:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
I run Losi and Hitec. Problem is I've run Hitec for a lot longer than Drake has. I ran Hitec well before I started running Losi.

Losi cars eat servos right? Isn't that what everyone says? And Losi guys run Hitec? Wonder why that is? Hitec servos = no failures.
you tell em JAMMIN....
Old 01-10-2011, 02:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

You cant say Hitec servos = no failures, When they have and do fail!

Hitec Servos = 2 failures (from 2 in a losi truggy, 100% failure rate)
Old 01-10-2011, 02:27 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mtbkym01

Thank you!
Old 01-10-2011, 04:20 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by mtbkym01

I'll put it this way. Do everything right and you won't have failures with Hitec.

Honestly I've been running Hitec servos for over 5 years. I've had a total of 2 failures when using Hitec TG servos(all original 5997 series) in that time. That's no lie. And funny thing is they were both replaced in less than two weeks with a brand new unit. I even have a 5955 that I'm still running that is over 3 years old. Still working perfectly. I have not had one single 79XX series servo fail. Not one!

I won't claim that non TG servos are the same. They aren't. I've had a few of those fail. I also won't claim that it is impossible to kill a Hitec, but in almost all cases where one fails it is exactly that. Someone killed it.

BTW there's a reason why the poll reads what it does. Just sayin...
Old 01-10-2011, 04:41 PM
Tech Elite

I'll put it this way. Do everything right and you won't have failures with Hitec.

Honestly I've been running Hitec servos for over 5 years. I've had a total of 2 failures when using Hitec TG servos(all original 5997 series) in that time. That's no lie. And funny thing is they were both replaced in less than two weeks with a brand new unit. I even have a 5955 that I'm still running that is over 3 years old. Still working perfectly. I have not had one single 79XX series servo fail. Not one!

I won't claim that non TG servos are the same. They aren't. I've had a few of those fail. I also won't claim that it is impossible to kill a Hitec, but in almost all cases where one fails it is exactly that. Someone killed it.

BTW there's a reason why the poll reads what it does. Just sayin...
I stated one thing thats basically a FACT and you jumped in defending. I just said it seems all losi guys use hitec never bashed the brand did i? No, so i didnt change the thread i know exactly what he posted "no trash talk" and im not. I replied thank you to the other guy because be it the persons fault or the servos nothing is 100% in this world and nothing last forever. Seems u got offended by somthing but all i did was state a single thing. Just like jq and savox it was just an opinion.
Old 01-10-2011, 05:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Every servo brand have their share of failures, even the mighty HITEC is no exception.

Take it from the flying boys at FlyingGiants:

7955 issues?

Hitec 7955 jitters on rudder

Hitec 7955 behaving weird

Hitec 7950TH jitters badly

How do Hitec 7950's perform, Regulated Vs. Unregulated

Hitec servo jitter
Old 01-10-2011, 06:31 PM
Tech Champion

I stated one thing thats basically a FACT and you jumped in defending. I just said it seems all losi guys use hitec never bashed the brand did i? No, so i didnt change the thread i know exactly what he posted "no trash talk" and im not. I replied thank you to the other guy because be it the persons fault or the servos nothing is 100% in this world and nothing last forever. Seems u got offended by somthing but all i did was state a single thing. Just like jq and savox it was just an opinion.
And I pointed out to you that your logic was flawed. There are some people out there that don't just jump on what sponsored drivers use. I ran Hitec way before any of the Pro's ran them.

Saying all Losi guys run Hitec is like saying everyone that runs HB is on the team, but that would be more accurate.
Old 01-10-2011, 06:34 PM
Tech Elite

And I pointed out to you that your logic was flawed. There are some people out there that don't just jump on what sponsored drivers use. I ran Hitec way before any of the Pro's ran them.

Saying all Losi guys run Hitec is like saying everyone that runs HB is on the team, but that would be more accurate.
Ok ur opinion is urs mine is mine. No hard feelings, i guess u dont see what im saying. No big deal all i said was losi people use hitec. I never said specificaly it was because of a pro driver. Thats all...
Old 01-11-2011, 10:44 AM
Tech Elite

ko propo for life radio servos to anything eles you need

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.