Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rockfield Adventures in Cincinnati Ohio

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 05:28 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Sunday night was a good time, even if I do suck at racing!

They are closing the track this Wednesday in order to expand the track. Hopefully Mother Nature will cooperate with them and they'll be able to get done what they want to get done.

The lap counting system was kind of cool. Different kind of racing from the timed events. Straight up racing. First to x number of laps wins. Not perfect, but pretty dang cool nonetheless.

Anxious to see the expanded layout. Should be fun.
Old 04-11-2011, 05:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default expansion

Rob, how long will it be closed down? I haven't made it up there in a few weekends..gotta get back sometime soon....Aaron
Old 04-11-2011, 05:44 PM
Tech Apprentice

Cecil made it sound as though it was only Wednesday night that he was going to be closed down. With all the rain today, I'm not sure how that will factor into his plans. Maybe I'll give him a call later this week to see how its going and post back up.
Old 04-11-2011, 05:48 PM
Tech Regular

thanks bud
Old 04-12-2011, 08:38 AM
Tech Rookie

rain has been a factor the whole time in keeping dirt from being hauled, this may postpone things a bit, it would be nice to have a new layout to learn!Cecil and I have been talking about the motocross format, we are thinking a 3 moto format so everyone gets more track time, and has more chances to improve your position. I always hated the whole 3 heats and a main format, it did not reward consistancy, we have been kicking around monthly point races, or series, just something different from the normal weekly deal. Any suggestions will be brought forward, so fire away, Cecil is very receptive to any ideas that might make it more fun for everyone!!! That is the whole point of his place! I am glad to see so many new faces each week I go, new people keep the thing fun, I enjoy watching people improve! Especially the kids, The little girl that won the youth class did great, my kids had a blast and want to race even more now! they all improved in the second heat.
Old 04-12-2011, 08:41 AM
Tech Rookie

Sunday night was a good time, even if I do suck at racing!

^ But did you have fun? I think in the 2wd sc class everyone did a great job, I was marshalling for the first heat, and couldnt believe that with so many trucks on the track, that there were so few crashes, it was fun to watch! I hope to see more 4wd trucks out there it would be nice to have a full 8 or 10 truck field! I know guys have them.....
Old 04-12-2011, 08:26 PM
Tech Apprentice

r955 - is that you Greg?

Of course I had fun, even if I do suck! I joke! Regardless of if I have a good night or bad night, I have fun just because of the people that are there.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Rockfield is a great place to have fun. And while you're there, run some RC cars!

Ron
Old 04-12-2011, 09:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

what kind of scoring system does he have? Also is there any plans to use the traditional tubes for barriers rather than the pvc tubes? I would like to join in the fun. Hopefully everything pulls together, try to post some pics when the new dirt gets there.

Also is the drivers stand going to be any bigger?
Old 04-12-2011, 09:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hey, Mike!

Not sure if he plans on using any corrugated pipe for barriers. I'll have to ask him. Part of the problem with that is that he has no way to spike them down unless he really fills it up with dirt. Otherwise he is running into the concrete floor.

The scoring system is more of a lap counter, period. No time involved. He was doing 30 laps, so first to hit 30 wins. It isn't perfect. If you get caught up around the lap counter and pass through twice, it might count you twice, making for a "quick" lap. More space might help to solve that.

I don't know if he plans on making the drivers stand bigger. I had suggested it to him to do so. I think he is going to shorten the wall in front of the stand and move it back from the track a bit to eliminate leaning over the rail and blocking other driver's views.

Hopefully it all works out. This has gone from a small private track for personal use to something much bigger than I'm sure Cecil planned originally.

See you around.

Ron
Old 04-13-2011, 02:02 PM

Are there still unsupervised kids ramming into you from the opposite direction? Is the track maintained meaning no huge pot holes? Is the dirt clay?
Im just a little spooked from the last time.
Old 04-14-2011, 09:27 PM
Tech Master

There is an opportunity for a nice racing crowd if that is what cecil is ok with. I think the last post was a little short, but i think the point is that if you guys are up for making it a little more traditional in track surface and maybe have a seperate practice times for the novice or junior racing we would all be willing to give racing a shot at rockfield. If you have any questions or such drop me a pm
Old 04-19-2011, 03:41 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rtebbe
Hey, Mike!

Not sure if he plans on using any corrugated pipe for barriers. I'll have to ask him. Part of the problem with that is that he has no way to spike them down unless he really fills it up with dirt. Otherwise he is running into the concrete floor.

The scoring system is more of a lap counter, period. No time involved. He was doing 30 laps, so first to hit 30 wins. It isn't perfect. If you get caught up around the lap counter and pass through twice, it might count you twice, making for a "quick" lap. More space might help to solve that.

I don't know if he plans on making the drivers stand bigger. I had suggested it to him to do so. I think he is going to shorten the wall in front of the stand and move it back from the track a bit to eliminate leaning over the rail and blocking other driver's views.

Hopefully it all works out. This has gone from a small private track for personal use to something much bigger than I'm sure Cecil planned originally.

See you around.

Ron
Thanks for the info (RTEBBE) But how exactly does the lap counter work? I don’t understand how you can race and the lap counter would be able to differentiate one RC from the other. Also, does anyone know why Cecil does not come on here to support his forum? Or maybe he is in a different one
Thanks
Old 04-19-2011, 04:32 PM
Tech Master

is there any updates on a set racing schedule? Will there be practice times for the pro's vs. the novices? Did they get the new dirt and track expansion done?
Old 04-20-2011, 01:32 PM
Tech Regular

I have been there a couple times after it went public but it sounds like its gone through some changes. I think I am going to make it there Friday. If there is no racing I wouldn’t mind just bashing so I can get tuned in to the big vehicles for summer.
Mike, when was the last time you where there?
Old 04-20-2011, 02:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

The scoring system is different than what you are used to. They provide a sticker that is similar to a anti-theft tag. As you pass under the scanner it reads your sticker and counts a lap. That is putting the whole things very simply.

I do not think that the track is open this Friday (Good Friday) or Sunday (Easter).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.