Lipo c rating how far can we go?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lipo c rating how far can we go?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2010, 03:01 PM
Tech Adept

Thats the beauty of Lipo, there is not that much difference from a 40 dollar pack to to a 150 dollar pack. I care nothing for C ratings, I have 40C and 60C and the speed difference is identical, remember the thread where the guy pulled his 50C pack apart and found 40C cells inside.

C ratings are marketing hype, one company brings out a C rating and the others change their stickers... I would love to see these batteries tested from an independent source to see the true ratings.

I am not seeing it at the track, not like the days of NiMH where .01v made a difference. Buy a pack and race, my associated 40C is as good as my associated 60C and my IP packs are as good as both of them.
Old 12-26-2010, 03:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)

Originally Posted by snabbgas
Well it's still only a piece of paper... i dont understand why a piece of paper coming from the manufacturer make it less bullshit than any other claim?

Is this Proamps your "own" brand?
From pictures i saw earlier it looked exactly like my Desirepower down to the wiring harness only the sticker looked different.
Are they made by the same factory in China?

I see they spec max IR as 8mohm i guess that's for the whole pack.
What does max IR mean? Are they to be consider spent when the IR climbs above 8mohm or 4mohm/cell?
What do they meashure per cell when new?

Are these to be considered as B or C grade cells as they spec 200 cycles down to 80% capacity at 1c discharge?
haha! owned!
Old 12-26-2010, 03:08 PM
Tech Adept

The trinity batteries were the funniest they reminded me of a 2 dollar hoar wrapped up in a 1000 dollar dress, bit like pretty woman!!!
Old 12-26-2010, 06:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hi Skiddins,

I was also skeptical, and initially used lightweight Orion 25c packs in 540 class. However, was surprised when a 70gram heavier 50c pack gave a 1sec per lap faster time.

I guess it depends on the track. Maybe the Vegas track was tight and lightweight 25c packs gave agile handling and faster laptimes. Maybe those skilled drivers could have even gone faster with better packs.

The track I tested on had a 150 feet straight, huge sweepers and technical infield with laptimes in 20 sec range.

It's also not just C rating but the average discharge voltage that makes a big difference in 540 class.

10amp discharge over 5 minutes:

Orion 25c = 7.24v
Hi Engergy 30c = 7.83v
50c pack = not yet tested, but track result is 1 sec/lap faster

My higher C rated packs just gave a higher average voltage during discharge.

Thanks.