Community
Wiki Posts
Search

mtx4r upgrades from other cars

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2010, 12:12 PM
Tech Addict

Default mtx4r upgrades from other cars

i here that guys out in the rc world are using other parts from other cars to change the mtx4r some are using parts from the nt1 and 733 anybody heard of this and what parts are being used and how well do the work has anyone done any changes to there own mtx4r any write ups on how too's ?
Old 12-19-2010, 05:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigtee
i here that guys out in the rc world are using other parts from other cars to change the mtx4r some are using parts from the nt1 and 733 anybody heard of this and what parts are being used and how well do the work has anyone done any changes to there own mtx4r any write ups on how too's ?
-MRX5 Ackerman
-Xray NT1 Clutch or Capricorn Clutch
-Xray NT1 Transmission (Spurs and housings)
-Xray NT1 2-speed clutch shoes
-Xray NT1 2-speed main shaft
-Xray NT1 19T pulley (for main shaft)
-Xray NT1 20T Brake Pulley
-Xray NT1 Front Diff
-Xray NT1 Rear Diff
-MRX4X Eccentrics

*This automatically changes your internal ratio to 2.05 (like Xray's and KM's). *The eccentrics allow the use for the 20T brake pulley (stock is 19T, so you can use the same belt).
*Xray's Transmission is much lighter than the stock Mugen's. Specially if you use the hollow 2-speed shaft.
*You cannot use the MRX5 ackerman without the Xray NT1 front diff. The smaller diff allows the ackerman to be positioned way further ahead.
*You need either special bearings, or collars in order to use the xray's diffs in the car. Or you can order machined eccentrics to fit your needs...
Old 12-26-2010, 03:21 AM
Tech Initiate

Good infos, I asked something simmilar on mtx4 thred couple of months ago, and it looks like top secret info:-) Maybe new mtx5 behind the dood opens mouth to somebody;-) But then, isn't better to take whole nt1 instead? Or it is a question of some proud or has mugen something more that xray is missing? Do you thing is possible to receive such info here or is better to ask directly some top mugen guy on PM?
Btw Happy New Year to all Rc racers.