Wiki Posts
Search

Team Corally RDX Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 06:32 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by ERTRACHTER
congrats to all the corally crew that made amains at the iic in vegas
Congrats yourself! 6 seconds ahead in stock qualifying, talk about domination! You were on an awesome run in the 19 main too I swear that flapper jumped out from right behind me Thanks again for all your help!!!

BTW - You're going down this weekend sucka (we're not at a big race so I can start talking smack again )
Old 09-26-2006, 09:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

I was one of the lucky guys to make it out to the IIC this year. Unfortunatley, I had mostly unlucky results. but, more importantly I gained a ton of knowledge at the event!

the reason i'm writing this is because I would like to pay some thanks.
First, Thank you to Jason Ertrachter and Jeff Brown for always helping me out with setup tips.

I would also like to say thanks especially to Corally's Aaron Young. He really went out of his way to make sure me and my freinds corally's were working good at the race. This guy is truly a class act!
Old 09-26-2006, 09:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default New Top Deck

I picked up one of the new top decks at the IIC and need some information about it from someone who has actually used one. No speculation pleeze...

Considering its thickness, I assume that the new deck is only applicable for carpet racing. True/False?

With the center steering, some people are telling me MORE steering while others are saying LESS. Which is it?

Many thanks.
Old 09-26-2006, 09:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CHRIS CHAVEZ
I was one of the lucky guys to make it out to the IIC this year. Unfortunatley, I had mostly unlucky results. but, more importantly I gained a ton of knowledge at the event!

the reason i'm writing this is because I would like to pay some thanks.
First, Thank you to Jason Ertrachter and Jeff Brown for always helping me out with setup tips.

I would also like to say thanks especially to Corally's Aaron Young. He really went out of his way to make sure me and my freinds corally's were working good at the race. This guy is truly a class act!
Absolutely agree about Aaron, Jason, Jeff AND Rob. These guys make me mo better every time I see them. And I am soooooo lucky that Aaron is a local in NorCal.
Old 09-26-2006, 11:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rc_bam226
If you bought it new, you have to lube it. The manual suggests that you use the diff lube, but alot of fellow users here prefer Associated black grease to lube the thrust bearing.
How exactly do you remove the thrust bearing from the diff half? I have tried but it is very stuck in there.
Old 09-27-2006, 12:33 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Still Bill
I picked up one of the new top decks at the IIC and need some information about it from someone who has actually used one. No speculation pleeze...

Considering its thickness, I assume that the new deck is only applicable for carpet racing. True/False?

With the center steering, some people are telling me MORE steering while others are saying LESS. Which is it?

Many thanks.
I can only answer your first question since I haven't used it yet, but I know there are two versions.
A 2.4mm for asphalt (rubber) and a 3.4mm for carpet (foam).

I hope it gains more steering, because my car is understeering most of the time.
Old 09-27-2006, 03:57 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by TWISTED
Hi guys just got my next top brace and was wondering if anyone had trouble with the front belt rubbing on the screw on the bottom of the bell crank ? I put mine on and it seems to be rubbing is this a problem or have I put it on wrong?? Thanks
I used the old bell crank posts that have a slightly shorter base and hence make the bell crank sit higher in the new center point configuration.
Old 09-27-2006, 04:01 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Still Bill

Many thanks.
I raced with the new top deck and center point steering last Saturday and found that it increased the mid corner steering and car rotation quite significantly. I found it required less steering input for same amount of turning which then also provides the increased steering when required.
Overall it just felt like the car wanted to keep turning around the apex whereas previously it would wash out and understeer across the apex until extra speed was scrubbed off.
Old 09-27-2006, 04:07 AM
TWISTED

Originally Posted by Cookie
I used the old bell crank posts that have a slightly shorter base and hence make the bell crank sit higher in the new center point configuration.
Thanks Cookie I did what said and works like a charm thanks mate.

Old 09-27-2006, 04:13 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by TWISTED
Thanks Cookie I did what said and works like a charm thanks mate.
Cool! ;-)

Actually I also found the two ball studs now on the one bell crank caused the ball cups to rub against each other, not a major issue but does bind a little. I Just sanded the offending areas a bit so they don't rub too much, just slightly.

Anyone know if there's going to be a new bell crank as well?
Old 09-27-2006, 06:26 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Cookie
I raced with the new top deck and center point steering last Saturday and found that it increased the mid corner steering and car rotation quite significantly. I found it required less steering input for same amount of turning which then also provides the increased steering when required.
Overall it just felt like the car wanted to keep turning around the apex whereas previously it would wash out and understeer across the apex until extra speed was scrubbed off.
Thanks Andy for clearing that up.
I have that understeering problem, tried many things, but this seems to be a solution.
Old 09-27-2006, 04:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Old 09-27-2006, 07:31 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Big Rigg
Congrats yourself! 6 seconds ahead in stock qualifying, talk about domination! You were on an awesome run in the 19 main too I swear that flapper jumped out from right behind me Thanks again for all your help!!!

BTW - You're going down this weekend sucka (we're not at a big race so I can start talking smack again )
Nice racing Tony. Congrats again on your win Jason. But, next time we race it's on. Ripon?
Old 09-27-2006, 08:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

ill see you there juan and yes it is on
Old 09-27-2006, 09:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Great job Ertracter, and Toni . Way to represent. Toni are you sponsored now by corally or still by efactor

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.