Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Corally RDX Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2006, 06:16 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks Robfo, do anyone else have a set up for wet race. thanks.
Old 09-25-2006, 12:31 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by syndr0me
Ollie, how come you're not in Vegas?
Because i have to work and have some races here in Belgium
Greetings Ollie
Old 09-25-2006, 12:35 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by RichO
I have a strange issue that raises two questions.

After getting the car built, I noticed that something had changed once all of the chassis and bumper bits were screwed on. The front diff has a nasty wobble in it. I have rebuilt it a few times (and it has never been run). The wobble is bad enough that the belt chatters since the teeth are catching the side.

The docs are a little sparse when it comes to the front diff (unless I complete missing something):

1. Is the long half supposed to be on the left or right side?
2. Has anyone else had a problem with a wobble - if so, did you manage to fix it and how?

-Rich
The prob with the wobble is that your trust bearing is broken or isn't completely straight in the outdrive! thats the most important thign about an RDX diff!

Goodluck!

greetings Ollie
Old 09-25-2006, 12:35 PM
Tech Regular

jeff brown you have pm!!1

thanks!
Old 09-25-2006, 12:37 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Nuno Gancho
Hello, i would like your help for a set up for a wet race, i will use pit shumizu tires. What set up should i use for the rdx, i have the chassi 2,4cm normal, 2,4cm world champion collegno, and 3cm normal, and upper deck? And about the insert, and wheel. Thanks very much.
The same set up only a little more droop and the wheels and tires are soft wheels and jb foam bleu thin!

Greetings Ollie
Old 09-25-2006, 01:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by shaggster
Have you tried it out yet?
Yea I tried it out this weekend a Florida State Race and I was impressed. The car was a little easier to drive, but I can't really say it gave me more actual steering since it was on a track I've never been to and I was running a completely different setup. But overall I think it is worth it.
Old 09-25-2006, 01:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

congrats to all the corally crew that made amains at the iic in vegas
Old 09-25-2006, 01:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

T1/Ollie : Thanks for the information. I will take a look at both of those things tonight.
Old 09-25-2006, 07:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I need some help finding the washers that go with the screws for the hinge pin blocks... my manual shows part no. 1235 and that doesn't seem to be a good number at Corallyusa or stormers... I need to pick up some spares since I lost one after not using loctite to secure that screw... I also need to be able to mail order since there is no local support for the car. Thanks
Old 09-25-2006, 07:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXDSD4&P=7

You can use these type washers. Thats what I did and I have had no problmes. I technically used the crc purple ones, but that was just to match another color on my car. You can also add them above the steering posts for some color. I also used matching nylon lock nuts to attach the shocks to the tower. Bling it on my friend.
Old 09-25-2006, 10:07 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ERTRACHTER
congrats to all the corally crew that made amains at the iic in vegas
Congrats to you on your win.
Old 09-25-2006, 10:25 PM
TWISTED

Originally Posted by TeamPink91
I just got mine today, and I live in the US. Yea it's pretty much a bolt on. All you have to do is use the left side bell crank and relocate one of the ball studs so they are both side by side, and then flip the bell crank post upside down so it screws into the topdeck rather than the chassis.
Hi guys just got my next top brace and was wondering if anyone had trouble with the front belt rubbing on the screw on the bottom of the bell crank ? I put mine on and it seems to be rubbing is this a problem or have I put it on wrong?? Thanks

Old 09-26-2006, 06:58 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by OllieRDX
The prob with the wobble is that your trust bearing is broken or isn't completely straight in the outdrive! thats the most important thign about an RDX diff!

Goodluck!

greetings Ollie
looking down at the diff screw on a built diff it looks like the screw doesnt stay central in the diff half. They move up and around as you rotate the diff, I'd of expected it to stay bang in the centre, is this what happens or is there something wrong
Old 09-26-2006, 08:30 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by 8800
looking down at the diff screw on a built diff it looks like the screw doesnt stay central in the diff half. They move up and around as you rotate the diff, I'd of expected it to stay bang in the centre, is this what happens or is there something wrong
Yeah thats the problem,
You're trust bearing is broken or its not straight in the outdrive!

Greetings Ollie
Old 09-26-2006, 12:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gmintimidator
I need some help finding the washers that go with the screws for the hinge pin blocks... my manual shows part no. 1235 and that doesn't seem to be a good number at Corallyusa or stormers... I need to pick up some spares since I lost one after not using loctite to secure that screw... I also need to be able to mail order since there is no local support for the car. Thanks
COR1235 is an active number... it's listed as cone washers on their site under the parts list for the RDX. You can actually order right from Corally USA with that number and get what you are looking for ... or if you are local to the GTA, try FastCats - they can order from Corally USA for you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.