Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Corally RDX Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2006, 02:30 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JAY_UK
Oh yea, and at home ive got a pic of one of the Ahoniemi brothers car at the euros - its an update and appears to have a different chassis without battery strap and a totally different steering setup - the servo is rotated 180 degrees round so the servo saver is pointing in towards the belt and the steering uprights are different!
The chassis is just thinner, no other changes but it looks different is all. It did not have the same cutouts and such. The current cars can be used without the battery strap. They tested a center bellcrank steering at the Worlds which is a bolt on for the RDX. No other changes were present.

Jeff
Old 08-30-2006, 02:32 PM
Tech Master

Default Chassis

I saw a chassis with the batteries held down with tape. I think it was from the Worlds. I need to replace my chassis and was wondering if this one is available.

Oh Jeff, if you happen to have one in stock, let me I'm be at Superior for the FOCAR race.

Thanks,

Eugene
Old 08-30-2006, 02:35 PM
Tech Master

Point well presented or8ital!
You can always drill your bodyposts to accept pins. Personally i use the corally nuts, only time i despise them is when im using stratus shell as the posts are right under the rear wing IIRC mazda 6 moves the posts further away than the wing, but your right, it would be good to see corally offer alternative posts. One things for sure - the corally nuts never pop off when you hit a board unlike body clips!
Yeah, funny a friend of mine drilled his posts and then lost the body clips this weekend at a race. I never have a problem with the twist on ones. Even with the Mazda 6 body. The new rear bodypost plate has different holes for the posts.

One trick you can do with the corally nuts is to squeeze them in pliers several times and turn it and squeeze again. It will stretch them a bit and they will twist on a lot better.

Jeff
Old 08-30-2006, 02:36 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rcgen
I saw a chassis with the batteries held down with tape. I think it was from the Worlds. I need to replace my chassis and was wondering if this one is available.

Oh Jeff, if you happen to have one in stock, let me I'm be at Superior for the FOCAR race.

Thanks,

Eugene
Eugene,

We have 2.4mm and 2.9mm chassis in stock I think that can be taped down. That was an update to the chassis several months ago. All the kits now have that update I believe.

Jeff
Old 08-30-2006, 02:50 PM
Tech Master

Cool, I bought my RDX 2 years ago and after Sunday's Strickland race I think its time to replace it.

Eugene
Old 08-30-2006, 03:35 PM
SJP
Tech Adept

Best way i have found to get the body post nuts free is to run a knife down two sides of the threaded posts and cut half the thread away.
Nuts are still very secure and it is much more forgiving on your fingers.

Cheers
Scott
Old 08-30-2006, 05:24 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Jeff Brown
Yeah, funny a friend of mine drilled his posts and then lost the body clips this weekend at a race. I never have a problem with the twist on ones. Even with the Mazda 6 body. The new rear bodypost plate has different holes for the posts.

One trick you can do with the corally nuts is to squeeze them in pliers several times and turn it and squeeze again. It will stretch them a bit and they will twist on a lot better.

Jeff

What i meant was with the mazda 6 body its much easier to use the twist on clips at the rear due to the wing being mounted further behind the rear axle, i have the bodypost plate that has 3 sets of holes on it but all it does is move the posts towards the centre of the car therefore meaning with a stratus 3 its still a pain in the a$$ to use the twist clips as your only moving the bodyposts along the line of the wing rather than moving them forward of the wing. If you get what i mean!
Old 08-30-2006, 05:26 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by or8ital
The car is already setup so you can use tape. I would keep the battery strap for the rest of us.
Just looked on my RDX when ive got home and found that im not setup for tape without either dremeling the chassis or cutting the tape down to about 4mm width! Have i got a different chassis to everyone else or something???
Old 08-30-2006, 05:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (93%+)

you just have an older version of the 2.9 chassis
Old 08-30-2006, 05:34 PM
Tech Adept

Oh yea, and at home ive got a pic of one of the Ahoniemi brothers car at the euros - its an update and appears to have a different chassis without battery strap and a totally different steering setup - the servo is rotated 180 degrees round so the servo saver is pointing in towards the belt and the steering uprights are different!
I tell a lie its Kaerups car from the worlds.
Now, correct me if im wrong (and im sure you will) but that to me looks like a different top deck, chassis and steering setup?!

Old 08-30-2006, 05:35 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by wallstreet
you just have an older version of the 2.9 chassis
Bummer, not had the kit that long either! Guess living in the UK means i always get the bum end of the deal!
Old 08-30-2006, 05:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (93%+)

Jeff had said right after the world that those things were things they were just trying out. shorter chassis, new top deck, new front bulkheads, and diff i believe. Everyone was asking tons of questions about the stuff and he had said it was all just for testing. Which from what i uderstand alot of teams bring many new things to test at the worlds and other large races. if you go back through the pages i am sure you can find the posts about all that stuff from the worlds
Old 08-30-2006, 05:42 PM
Tech Adept

My bad, ill just be quiet now!
Old 08-30-2006, 07:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

ouch!
Old 08-30-2006, 08:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
ouch!
Not with a stock motor I hope?!?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.