Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Corally RDX Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2006, 06:33 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by T1Raycer
if i was u ill buy the black spring kit for asphalt and the silver one for carpet racing!! also go see at corraly usa they have some very good setup out there!! but my first question is what you racing carpet or asphalt???? cause the spring rate depend on what surface you racing on!! carpet rubber i usually run 21lbs(sometimes 19lbs front and 17 rear) anyways tell me what surface you running!!

for the droop: i set my droop by unscrew all the 4 droop screw and put your car at 5.5mm ride heigth or 5.5 depend what you like and put it on the tweak board all that before you do the droop after the car is ok on the twaek board put your car on the table put your ride heigth gauge under the chassis and do this calculation : suposed your ride heigth is at 5.5mm in the rear and you want 2.5 mm of droop so its 5.5 + 2.5 = 8mm so put your chassis on the number 8 on your rigth heigth!!! tigth the screw tilt the wheel just come off the table just a litle bit!! do the same thing at the front and after that you can check it whit your droop gauge to see if its euqal each side and check it again on the tweak board again to make sure your car is not tweaked!! if its tweak : check if something is bent,check you shock length, droop ect....

and for foam its a litle bit more complicated cause you ahve to check it after each run cause the diameter of the tires reduced after each run !! less on stock foam but modified foam you have to check it after each run!!

it seem long process but after you did it 1000 times lol it take 5 min and experience driver jsut do it by eye!! ehhe

anywyas!! hope this help

Later!!
Thanks Dude you are a big help, i race on asphalt, i know i will get there soon after i do the setup thing about 2000 times lol.
Old 06-26-2006, 10:26 AM
Tech Regular

for asphalt i would go whit softer spring like 17 front 14.5 rear !! jeff brown has a good starting setup on corallyusa.com you can start whit that and chnage litlte thing to make your rdx dialed on your track cause every track is different!! and the droop try 2mm front and 3mm rear tell me if it work !!!

Later!!
Old 06-26-2006, 11:50 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by T1Raycer
for asphalt i would go whit softer spring like 17 front 14.5 rear !! jeff brown has a good starting setup on corallyusa.com you can start whit that and chnage litlte thing to make your rdx dialed on your track cause every track is different!! and the droop try 2mm front and 3mm rear tell me if it work !!!

Later!!
Will do.
Old 06-26-2006, 12:03 PM
Tech Master

Default Question for JEFF please, when you've time

Just wondering about the steering set-up well ackerman really, Mine is set-up per my instruction manual I.e the link measurement is per the manual.

This leads to the steering leavers(part. 79255) pointing slightly inwards at the front towards the diff instead of being parallel.

Is this correct or should the steering leavers be parallel ??

I ask because i never need to run the rear softer than the front infact even racing tarmac i now use the optional RDX X-Long Shock Extensions on the rear looking for greater steering.

i just wonder if my ackerman setting could be wrong ?? and thats what causes me to always be searching for alittle more steering
Old 06-26-2006, 12:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

No, it's right.
Old 06-26-2006, 03:09 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Merciless
Just wondering about the steering set-up well ackerman really, Mine is set-up per my instruction manual I.e the link measurement is per the manual.

This leads to the steering leavers(part. 79255) pointing slightly inwards at the front towards the diff instead of being parallel.

Is this correct or should the steering leavers be parallel ??

I ask because i never need to run the rear softer than the front infact even racing tarmac i now use the optional RDX X-Long Shock Extensions on the rear looking for greater steering.

i just wonder if my ackerman setting could be wrong ?? and thats what causes me to always be searching for alittle more steering
The steering bellcranks and/or leavers should be parallel. You should not need to run the rear softer, except perhaps with a one-way.

Jeff
Old 06-26-2006, 03:30 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Jeff Brown
The steering bellcranks and/or leavers should be parallel. You should not need to run the rear softer, except perhaps with a one-way.

Jeff
Thanks so just to clarify your saying they should both appear to point perfectly straight forward when the steering is neautral

Because with the center link at the measurement specified in the manual they don't, they point inwards at the front .

I will adjust until they face forwards and try my car again

Cheers Jeff
Old 06-26-2006, 03:37 PM
Tech Regular

Default Brand of Oil

In the setup sheets what brand of oil is used?
Old 06-26-2006, 03:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

I own a black spring kit and have mixed up some of the springs.
Is there a way to identify the springs after they have been mixed up?
thanks
Old 06-26-2006, 03:53 PM
MSB
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by CHRIS CHAVEZ
I own a black spring kit and have mixed up some of the springs.
Is there a way to identify the springs after they have been mixed up?
thanks
Itīs easy, you only have to count the turns in the springs:
12.5 Lbs / 6.25 turns
14.5 Lbs / 6 turns
17.0 Lbs / 5.75 turns
19.0 Lbs / 5.5 turns
22.0 Lbs / 5.25 turns
24.0 Lbs / 5 turns

Thatīs it!
Old 06-26-2006, 03:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by MSB
Itīs easy, you only have to count the turns in the springs:
12.5 Lbs / 6.25 turns
14.5 Lbs / 6 turns
17.0 Lbs / 5.75 turns
19.0 Lbs / 5.5 turns
22.0 Lbs / 5.25 turns
24.0 Lbs / 5 turns

Thatīs it!
your the man, Thanks
Old 06-26-2006, 06:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Why such a low droop on the set up sheets it says like 4.5 or 5 ???
Old 06-26-2006, 07:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

hey cris,
You need some blue hpi springs and white hpi springs for socal.
Old 06-26-2006, 09:08 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by SoCalMitch
In the setup sheets what brand of oil is used?
Most of the team uses AE oil I think. Cuffs runs Trinity oil. It is usually one or the other.

Jeff
Old 06-26-2006, 09:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by King of B Main
hey cris,
You need some blue hpi springs and white hpi springs for socal.
Thanks Bro's

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.