Wiki Posts
Search

Team Corally RDX Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2006, 08:16 AM
Tech Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Brian McGreevy
Jon, welcome to the team If you think it's fast now, wait till you run it some more
now we'll see how long it takes him to realize that he should have gone this route a long time ago....keep those orders coming in JW
Old 04-19-2006, 09:34 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I took two weeks off and played VRC basically non-stop. Finally raced last night... I don't think they're going to let me run my 4300 in stock anymore. I figured that would be the first thing to go if I ever had some success. :-D It really does unfairly rip out of corners, but it's SO much fun to drive a car with torque on a small carpet track. The lack of maintenance is just a fringe benefit.

The better I get, the more I appreciate my RDX. The car was so smooth and amazingly precise last night, it really surprised me. It makes me feel bad for car manufacturers that have to hear opinions about their cars from inexperienced drivers. I realize now, if the car could talk, it would be like "is that all you've got?" I think it's getting bored waiting for me to improve.

Back to practicing...
Old 04-19-2006, 09:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

SYndrome, sent you a pm.
Old 04-19-2006, 10:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Thanks, Bri. I'll IM ya again and pretend I don't know who I'm IMing. I seem to do that to you every few months.

Yeah, I'm heading out again tomorrow to get more laps. I'm just super amazed at how smooth this car is.
Old 04-19-2006, 10:13 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jon Williams
Thanks, Bri. I'll IM ya again and pretend I don't know who I'm IMing. I seem to do that to you every few months.

Yeah, I'm heading out again tomorrow to get more laps. I'm just super amazed at how smooth this car is.
You down at Jackson practicing already? If you are not racing outside this weekend I wll be at Frederick it looks like. Weather is kinda in limbo for Sat and don't want to drive 2 hours to get rained on at GB. One of these weeks I will make it to GB for a little outdoor fun.
Old 04-19-2006, 11:55 AM
Tech Master

Default 3 and 4mm chassis

I have some RDX Chassis for sale if anyone is interested (3mm and 4mm).

Please see the following link:

http://rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=110535

Also, if you are looking for any NIB parts/spares for the RDX, let me know as I am selling all my stuff. I have any spare you might need NIB.

Thanks
Old 04-19-2006, 12:13 PM
Tech Elite

Hmm...I dunno about MD this weekend. Let me look into it.
Old 04-19-2006, 12:20 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Jon Williams
All I can say is, 'WOW'. This car is amazing.
Thats what I've been telling everyone...
Old 04-19-2006, 12:35 PM
Tech Elite

Yeah, Robbay (like Timay), I even told Jeff Brown that I was super impressed with how your car looked at the Coliseum two weekends ago.

Honestly, your Corally out of the box has been stupid-fast since you built it. I mean, at Mimi's WinterNats you definitely had one the three fastest cars laptime-wise all weekend. Just had a 'lil bad luck in the main.
Old 04-19-2006, 12:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Should have drove the "White Body" Robbie...
Old 04-19-2006, 04:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I need a link to the a good carpet setup. For some reason I cant scroll down on the corally site, all I can see is asphalt setups.
Old 04-19-2006, 04:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Larry,

I can send you Daygers, Jarrod's, mine, Cuffs', Herrmann's, ...which one? They're all fast!
Old 04-19-2006, 04:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Brian McGreevy
Larry,

I can send you Daygers, Jarrod's, mine, Cuffs', Herrmann's, ...which one? They're all fast!
Post them on gearchart.com ...you have a login
Old 04-19-2006, 06:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tbeardmore
I think I know what your "shaking" problem is.

I think it's the outer CVD "Cross pin" that drives the FRONT outer axles. The "set" screw may not be tight. If the set screw isn't tightened properly the drive pin will shift - hence rubbing on the INSIDE of your steering blocks.

If you have the aluminum steering blocks - it'll be easy to see if there's been some "pin rubbing" on the inside. If you are using the black plastic steering blocks the pin "wear" markes may not be as easy to see.

I've actually had a pin loose like that and it worked it's way into the holes where the C-Hub pins are and completely lock up the axle/wheel.

An easy fix for this is to "dremel" a flat spot in the center of the "cross pin" so when you re-tighten the set screw that holds it in place - the set screw will have a liitle more grip to hold onto. (ps. put a small amout of threadlock on the tip of the set screw- that'll help also)

Hope this fixes your ~SHAKE~ ??
So I checked the pins. They were a bit off on one side but fixing it didnt fix the problem. I think at this point I will just take it out for a spin and see how it does. I havent had a chance to get it to the track yet to see how it performs.
Old 04-19-2006, 06:32 PM
Tech Champion

yea, the car was Amazing, and has continued to be amazing ever since.

Wish I knew about the "White Body" before qualifying was over...mighta had that tq I was close to grabbin in the 2nd round.

Can't wait to run it up at Jackson!

Hey Larry, I can send you the setup I've been running, or the setup Danny Hartman gave me to start with. Both are very similar. Just let me know, and I can email it over to you. BTW, congrats on pickin up a fast car

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.