Team Corally RDX Touring Car

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Corally RDX Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2006, 07:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

One thing I noticed is if you run the narrow hexes in the rear or front the axle threads protrude out past the wheel and can snag walls or anything pretty easily - breaking arms. Dremel down the axle just a hair so that they don't protrude out past the wheel. Not to much because if you switch to wide hexes the nut won't have any threads to hold on to.
Old 01-23-2006, 08:07 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default General observation on tuning -does it make sense?

Glowster :
I run the basic set-up as yours -only difference is that I run the 2.9mm chassis. I'm trying desperately to get the car to hook-up w/plaid-purple (I've got a deal on many sets of these). Traction was medium to high bite.

I had a problem with mid to exit push, and with good turn-in bite.
I ran 2 degree castor blocks with a small amount of kick-up (in front bulkhead, low roll block in lowest position and low roll block higher position -both dots down). The results were good and seemed to fix the problem.
Old 01-23-2006, 08:10 AM
Tech Rookie

I Don't have alot of experience with foam tire/carpet driving, just driving it for 3 weeks preparing for the snowbirds. But here a few things you can try

2 degree caster block...gives a little more steering into the corner..but less exit.

Ad a little more up travel to the rear...gives more weight transfer to the front wheels.

Drop the ultra low rol center blocks and use the normal ones..The ultra low rolcenter blocks gives you alot of grip, and make te car push al little more..they are easy to drive.. and are verry good in low grip situations..But in high grip you wil loose a lot of speed in the corner.

Try the 3 hole in te shock tower so more laydown..

Good luck with it.

Bart
Old 01-23-2006, 08:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sushi Boy
Maybe loosen your front droop screws a bit to give it about 1.5mm of uptravel. That will help the car turn in a bit harder. Also on the camber links, are you running the upper or lower row? And Also what front shock tower are you running? A standard one you lowered by drilling new holes or the actual lowered front tower from Corally?

-Korey
Running the upper row on the stock non lowered tower.
Old 01-23-2006, 08:48 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Jeff,
Will the newest RDX kits (Carpet or otherswise) be receiving the lowered shocktowers and stronger diff. bolts?
Are these running changes much like the white diff. pulleys and 1.3 pistons?
Old 01-23-2006, 08:54 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Glowster21
Running the upper row on the stock non lowered tower.
I would lean the front shocks in one hole and/or lengthen the front camber link one hole.

Jeff
Old 01-23-2006, 09:11 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Electro-MAX RC
Jeff,
Will the newest RDX kits (Carpet or otherswise) be receiving the lowered shocktowers and stronger diff. bolts?
Are these running changes much like the white diff. pulleys and 1.3 pistons?
The kits will eventually have the new diff bolts included. The lowered towers will not be a running change.

Jeff
Old 01-23-2006, 10:20 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Jeff Brown
The kits will eventually have the new diff bolts included. The lowered towers will not be a running change.

Jeff
I had just put the new diif bolts in and them seem to be good so far. Thanks Corally
Old 01-23-2006, 12:16 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

What's the cheapest way to get some new snap rings? Rebuild kit?
Old 01-23-2006, 02:11 PM
Tech Adept

I would get the re-build kit because then at least you will have newer' parts for your Diff to make it that much more smoother

Wills
Old 01-23-2006, 03:02 PM
Tech Master

Website has been updated with setups from Cleveland and Novak race.

Jeff
Old 01-23-2006, 03:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Setup

And also Korey's 19T setup at the PNW Indoor series Rain City race last weekend. Car was awesome!

Good run Sushi!

Dom
Old 01-23-2006, 03:43 PM
Tech Master

/

Last edited by Number 11; 01-23-2006 at 05:10 PM.
Old 01-23-2006, 03:44 PM
Tech Master

Yeah Korey I would like that setup I want to start running 19T foams since I got another car.
Old 01-23-2006, 04:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Thanks Dom. Yeah small little race report here:

This past weekend the 3rd leg of the Pacific Northwest indoor championship series took place at Rain City Raceway, my home track. Classes ran were Open mod sedan, 19T Sedan, Stock Rubber Sedan, Sportsman Sedan, 1/12 modified and 1/12 stock. I entered the 19T and open modified classes. Our Very own Brett Bowen, a newly added member of Corally USA also ran Modified sedan and 19T sedan. The cool thing was I think the feild was about 50% Corally RDX's and the rest were a mix of Xray, Tamiya, HPI, Losi and Associated chassis.

I started with my own starting setup but quickly found as traction came up it wasnt going to cut it. I was very edgy and tippy through the corners. Dom and back me up on this one.... I would Bicycle through a hairpin almost every lap and still rip off fast laps lol.

I started making a few tweaks and the car came around and cornered much flatter, and carried much more corner speed. By the 4th round of qualifying I put donw a sick fast run in 19T sedan to take TQ almost a full lap up on the feild. Second position was taken by Brett for a Corally 1-2 qualifying order.

Open Modified had some very fast drivers in the feild. Peter Robinson and Travis Schreven of RC America/Hudy/Novak/Br00d, Darren Shank of Associated/Reedy/LRP/Jaco just to name a few. Brett and myself put up a good fight. I put my RDX in the 2nd spot on the grid for qualifying about a second behind Peter Robinson, followed by Travis Schreven in 3rd, Darren Shank in 4th, and Brett roughed it out in qualifying to put his car on the 6th spot on the grid.

The mains were full of packed racing. 19T was a Corally sweep, I finished out the Triple A mains, winning the first two mains and watching Brett secure 2nd overall in the second main. In Modified I finished 4th overall due to some issues with traffic and my own brain farts. Brett however wheeled his car into the 3rd place overall and secured a podium spot.

Overall a great weekend for Brett and myself. Happy to say our cars were very dialed. Thanks to Rob and Jeff at Corally USA for the support!

-Korey

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.